Looking for practice material?
Find thousands of packets FREE for practice/study use at the Quizbowl Packet Archive!
I am happy to announce the return of the Washington High School Invitational Tournament (WHIT) on December 4th, 2021.
It will be held at Washington High School, at 600 Blue Jay Drive, Washington, MO, 63090.
The tournament will be in the 20 Tossup/20 Bonus format. We will be using “Powers,” or 15 points for an early correct answer, but we will NOT be using “Negs” or “Interrupts” (-5 for early
incorrect answers) In the interest of keeping the day running quickly, we will not be using bouncebacks on bonuses. We are restricting team rosters to 6 players. If you have more players, feel free to sign them up for a second team.
For this tournament, we will be using NAQT’s IS-208 question set. This set is being used at Kickapoo on the same weekend, and is scheduled to be played at Moberly on April 2. Teams may not play the same set at different events.
We are currently capping the field at 32 teams, but can expand to as many as 48 (or more) provided I can find the staff. The field filled up within a few days last year, so be sure to register as soon as you can!
- $70 for the first team from a school, $65 for each additional team. (B,C, D, etc.)
- Fully functional buzzer systems are a $5 discount (must work for 8 players, limit 2 per team)
- Providing an experienced scorekeeper is a $5 discount. We reserve the right to refuse scorekeepers.
- Providing an experienced moderator is a $10 discount. Please let us know about these well in advance. We reserve the right to refuse moderators.
- Teams traveling over 100 miles (one way per Google Maps) will receive a $5 discount.
Registration will begin at 8:30, the first matches will take place at 9:00 AM, and there will be a lunch break around 12 PM. There will be a concession stand (popcorn, candy, and sodas)
open during the day. There are several options for lunch in town. Most teams should be done by 5 PM.
Spots will be filled on a first come/first served basis. Rather than emailing me, please use this formto register. You are not registered until you receive a confirmation email from the tournament director. If interest and staffing permits, we will lift the cap to as high as we can accommodate, so again, please let us know about buzzers and moderators as early as possible. We reserve the right to turn down moderators.
Teams placing 1st-4th will receive a trophy. There are prizes for the top 10 individual scorers.
Later this season, on February 26th, we will also be hosting a grades 9-10 JV tournament on NAQT’s set 211A. Signups for that will be open after this event has run.
Our school’s address is 600 Blue Jay Drive, Washington, MO 63090.
- If you come by I-44, Washington is exit #251 on route 100 – turn right at the 100/47 intersection, and then take a left to the high school at the 2nd stoplight. At the 3rd light,
turn left. If you can’t see the football field, you haven’t gone far enough.
- If you come by I-70, take exit 203 (State Hwy T) follow that for about 15 miles, turn left on 47, cross the bridge into town, and take a right to the high school at the 5th stoplight.
If you pass the football field, you’ve gone too far.
If you have any other questions, my email is firstname.lastname@example.org, and my phone is 314-239-2640.
Bolded teams have confirmed their attendance by sending in rosters
Parkway West A
Parkway West B
Calvary Lutheran A
Calvary Lutheran B
Ft. Zumwalt North A
Ft. Zumwalt North B
St. Francis Borgia
Parkway South A
Parkway South B
Calvary Lutheran C
Parkway West A and Ladue A were tied at 2-1, setting up a winner-take-all final, which was won by Ladue A, 505-165!
Stats can be found here
Thanks to Sean Phillips, Paul Nelson, Jacob O'Rourke, Ian Neels, Samantha Doepker, Michaela Garner, Alex Dzurick, Sara Young, Brett Saunier, Ethan Pier, Kyle Meyer, Vincent Hoang, Jason Loy, Kennedy Medling, Austin Gober, Grace Nuckolls, Joel Doepker, Alina Hayden, Ginger Leutkemeyer, Annie Snider, Patrick Troy, Victor Hoang, Savannah Arnold, Teaguen Riley, Dale Schenewerk, Ollie Bade, Megan Smith, Madelyn Sumpter, Aidan Van Leer, Indy Lohmeyer, Kevin Stockman, Nathan Oreskovic, Greg Nuckolls, Peter Bush, Hayden Ley, Bryan Austin, Lynda Doepker, and Angel and Phil Young for their help running this!