Looking for practice material?

Find thousands of free archived packets for practice and study from the Quizbowl Packet Archive!

Sean's Quizbowl Bucket List

Discussion of non-quizbowl topics
scphilli

Sean's Quizbowl Bucket List

Post by scphilli »

1) I would like to read more tournaments a year.

2) I would like a round written entirely in pig latin. Timed. Iay etbay iay ouldcay eadray entytway ossupstay erpay oundray onay oblempray.

3) I would like to read a round while wearing a "Forever Lazy." And for those of you not aware of infomercials I give you: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5S2p7AiNX9g

4) I would like to read more rounds in which the losing team could invoke the old school Double Dare option of "The Physical Challenge." Because seeing people thrash around in goop on a slide is just awesome.

5) I would like to perfect a system of ladder play based on the game of "Chutes and Ladders" in which teams randomly fall 5 places for no reason of fair competition other than it amuses me.

6) I would like to find Jason Mueller love. So I can win (or at least be nominated for) the Nobel Peace Prize.

7) I would like every quizbowl answer on "The Grapes of Wrath" to be followed by (in the style of Nelson Muntz) the phrase "Here's your grapes! And here's your WRATH!"

8 ) I would like to know which Missouri coach is my biological father.

9) I would like to moderate a match entirely performed in semaphore and NO I do not want any toss ups on Wuthering Heights; Monty Python already did that.

10) I would like one dove to be released in the air at the beginning of the season, to symbolize peace...And then let's shoot it because those suckers are sure tasty.

merv1618

Re: Sean's Quizbowl Bucket List

Post by merv1618 »

Something I'd like to see is at the end of at least one tournament a year (also akin to Nickelodeon) as soon as the finals end the moderator would yell "bring in the dancing lobsters!" and all the other staffers would have to don lobster outfits for it. Especially for WUSTL tournaments.

ZhangC1459

Post by ZhangC1459 »

My goal is to be able to translate an entire packet into Mandarin Chinese as i'm reading it.

scphilli

Post by scphilli »

I would also request a quizbowl halftime show based on this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tr6WidQqhu4

Ahhh Xanadu...Your neon lights will shine for you...Xanadu...