Looking for practice material?

Find thousands of free archived packets for practice and study from the Quizbowl Packet Archive!

Middle School Teams

Discussion of quizbowl topics not related to specific tournaments
dkessler417

Middle School Teams

Post by dkessler417 »

Hello!
I am in charge of a middle school team at my district and I would like to get more opportunities for my students to get involved with. Right now all our school goes to is the conference meet in January but my team would like to do more. We are at Humansville (hour north of Springfield) and if anyone knows of any non-MSHSAA events would could register for I would certainly appreciate the info. I saw that we need to be MSHSAA affiliated or something for some events, but I don't have the time to figure all that out now. I am just wanting to find some events to take my team to.

I would certainly appreciate any information you all could help me with!

Thank you,

Dustin Kessler
Humansville Schools

dwd50

Re: Middle School Teams

Post by dwd50 »

Your school is listed with MSHSAA. Talk to your High School Athletic Director - it'd be at most a 5-10 minute deal. Just before you send your kids to the first event, give the AD your list of kids.

Edit: sorry, it's apparently Affiliate Registered. Yeah, that's an issue. My bad.

L-Town Expatriate
Location: Riding a Mule down the Katy Trail to the State Fair

Post by L-Town Expatriate »

dwd50 wrote:Your school is listed with MSHSAA. Talk to your High School Athletic Director - it'd be at most a 5-10 minute deal. Just before you send your kids to the first event, give the AD your list of kids.

Edit: sorry, it's apparently Affiliate Registered. Yeah, that's an issue. My bad.
I thought affiliate registered meant that the AD could sign up individual teams, which would allow them to compete against other registered teams, be they full or affiliate? At the junior high level, since MSHSAA offers no state or regional tournament, affiliate JH vs full JH vs combined JH/HS is whether the school wants to pay for a second voting member when it comes to by-law changes.

dwd50

Post by dwd50 »

I'm not well-versed in that side of MSHSAA, but I bet your AD is. This may just need a short conversation and a form.