This will be a smaller tournament with a hard cap of 18 teams that will help us become familiar with hosting tournaments on the Columbia College campus, in preparation for the larger NAQT Missouri Qualifier that we intend to host at Columbia College on March 5, 2016. The MOQBA Fall Tournament will use the 2015 Brookwood Invitational Scholars Bowl (BISB) set written and edited by the Georgia Tech Academic Team. Games consist of 20 tossups with three part nonrebounding bonuses. We will be using 15 point powers and 5 point negs.
Check in on the morning of the tournament begins at 7:45 AM, with a brief introductory meeting around 8:30 before round 1 starts around 9:00. All teams will be guaranteed approximately 9-10 games, ending around 4:00 PM, with any necessary finals and tiebreakers to follow. This tournament has received platinum certification from the Partnership for Academic Competition Excellence, meaning that the top 25% of the field will qualify for the National Scholastic Championship in Chicago on June 4-5, 2016.
- First team from a school: $65
- Subsequent teams from a school: $60 each
- Buzzer discount: $5 discount for each working buzzer system your school brings (limit 2). Each system must be fully functional for eight players to receive the discount.
- Travel discount: $10 discount if your school travels at least 100 miles to the tournament (one-way, as determined by Google Maps)
All staffers will be needed throughout the day since all teams will be playing. Staffers will be provided lunch.
- Scorekeeper discount: $15 discount for providing a competent scorekeeper.
- Moderator discount: $25 discount for providing an experienced moderator. Moderators must be able to complete a 20 tossup/bonus game in 25-30 minutes to keep the tournament on schedule. We will reserve the right to choose our moderators.
- For schools that provide staff, the minimum fee per team is $0.
To register, please complete this registration form. Registrations will be processed in the order they are received through this form, and will not be accepted via any other method. Please note that your registration is not official until you receive a confirmation email and your teams appear in the posted field list maintained below.
We hope to see you and your team in Columbia in December and wish you the best of luck as you compete this season. If you have any questions about the tournament, don't hesitate to ask at email@example.com.
MOQBA President and Fall Tournament director