Looking for practice material?

Find thousands of free archived packets for practice and study from the Quizbowl Packet Archive!

2008 District Results

Tournament announcements, results, and discussion about specific tournaments.
scphilli

2008 District Results

Post by scphilli »

FZW Coach wrote: I am playing in the senior dodgeball tournament tomorrow night with some other teachers, so you know . . . major preparation to do!

:)
*Throws a wrench*

mujason

2008 District Results

Post by mujason »

I made up a schedule for my hypothetical sectional tournament; also, I made a typo in my previous post, as St. Louis would host the eastern sectional and KC would host the western sectional. (Thanks for catching that, Steph.) I haven't gotten around to predicting who would advance from each sectional; I might after I make my State predictions. For Class 1, the East districts are 1, 3, 4, 6 and the West districts are 2, 5, 7, 8. The other classes have East districts 1-4 and West districts 5-8.

Class 1:
East:
Bradleyville vs. Weaubleau
St. Elizabeth vs. Glasgow
Pilot Grove vs. Brashear
North Shelby vs. Norwood

Bradleyville vs. Glasgow
St. Elizabeth vs. Brashear
Pilot Grove vs. Norwood
North Shelby vs. Weaubleau

Bradleyville vs. Brashear
St. Elizabeth vs. Norwood
Pilot Grove vs. Weaubleau
North Shelby vs. Glasgow

West:
Thomas Jefferson vs. Wellington-Napoleon
Lutheran (Kansas City) vs. Pattonsburg
Stanberry vs. Mound City
St. Joseph Christian vs. Lockwood

Thomas Jefferson vs. Pattonsburg
Lutheran (Kansas City) vs. Mound City
Stanberry vs. Lockwood
St. Joseph Christian vs. Wellington-Napoleon

Thomas Jefferson vs. Mound City
Lutheran (Kansas City) vs. Lockwood
Stanberry vs. Wellington-Napoleon
St. Joseph Christian vs. Pattonsburg

Class 2:
East:
South Pemiscot vs. Belle
Valley Park vs. Smithton
Elsberry vs. South Shelby
Schuyler County vs. Thayer

South Pemiscot vs. Smithton
Valley Park vs. South Shelby
Elsberry vs. Thayer
Schuyler County vs. Belle

South Pemiscot vs. South Shelby
Valley Park vs. Thayer
Elsberry vs. Belle
Schuyler County vs. Smithton

West:
Richland vs. College Hts. Christian Acad.
Purdy vs. St. Mary's (Independence)
St. Paul Lutheran vs. North Platte
Plattsburg vs. Fordland

Richland vs. St. Mary's (Independence)
Purdy vs. North Platte
St. Paul Lutheran vs. Fordland
Plattsburg vs. College Hts. Christian Acad.

Richland vs. North Platte
Purdy vs. Fordland
St. Paul Lutheran vs. College Hts. Christian Acad.
Plattsburg vs. St. Mary's (Independence)

Class 3:
East:
Notre Dame (Cape Girardeau) vs. Ste. Genevieve
Priory vs. Monroe City
Centralia vs. South Callaway
Hallsville vs. Central (New Madrid County)

Notre Dame (Cape Girardeau) vs. Monroe City
Priory vs. South Callaway
Centralia vs. Central (New Madrid County)
Hallsville vs. Ste. Genevieve

Notre Dame (Cape Girardeau) vs. South Callaway
Priory vs. Central (New Madrid County)
Centralia vs. Ste. Genevieve
Hallsville vs. Monroe City

West:
Salem vs. Seneca
East Newton vs. Odessa
Oak Grove vs. Smithville
Savannah vs. Dixon

Salem vs. Odessa
East Newton vs. Smithville
Oak Grove vs. Dixon
Savannah vs. Seneca

Salem vs. Smithville
East Newton vs. Dixon
Oak Grove vs. Seneca
Savannah vs. Odessa

Class 4:
East:
Central (Cape Girardeau) vs. St. Louis Univ. High
Eureka vs. Parkway Central
Ladue vs. Fort Zumwalt West
Kirksville vs. Poplar Bluff

Central (Cape Girardeau) vs. Parkway Central
Eureka vs. Fort Zumwalt West
Ladue vs. Poplar Bluff
Kirksville vs. St. Louis Univ. High

Central (Cape Girardeau) vs. Fort Zumwalt West
Eureka vs. Poplar Bluff
Ladue vs. St. Louis Univ. High
Kirksville vs. Parkway Central

West:
Hickman vs. Nixa
Kickapoo vs. Lee's Summit West
Blue Springs vs. Liberty
North Kansas City vs. Helias

Hickman vs. Lee's Summit West
Kickapoo vs. Liberty
Blue Springs vs. Helias
North Kansas City vs. Nixa

Hickman vs. Liberty
Kickapoo vs. Helias
Blue Springs vs. Nixa
North Kansas City vs. Lee's Summit West

Jeffrey Hill
Location: In between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown (aka Johnson County, KS)

2008 District Results

Post by Jeffrey Hill »

redliberte wrote:
mujason wrote: one in KC for the four eastern districts and one in STL for the four western districts
surely you mean the opposite?

:P
This is what MSHSAA would do to compensate for making the state series more fair.

;)

FordATeam/CC

2008 District Results

Post by FordATeam/CC »

While I wouldn't like to have to play the #1 seeds in all 3 matches of the hypothetical sectional, I think we'd do fine. I believe a few other teams would fare well also, even being in the #2 spot.

I am curious to see some hypothetical results.

Jeffrey Hill
Location: In between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown (aka Johnson County, KS)

2008 District Results

Post by Jeffrey Hill »

FordATeam/CC wrote: While I wouldn't like to have to play the #1 seeds in all 3 matches of the hypothetical sectional, I think we'd do fine. I believe a few other teams would fare well also, even being in the #2 spot.
If you think of it in comparison to the current system where the district runner-up has no chance of getting to state, playing all the other #1 seeds is a fair way to prove that you should be going to state instead of one of the less-deserving #1 seeds, so this makes sense to me. As Jason said:
This schedule would provide the district champions a fair advantage earned through winning the district but would still provide a talented district runner-up like Fordland an opportunity to make state.
Just to make sure I'm clear on this, what would happen is all 1st and 2nd place teams from districts would go to sectionals. 1st place teams play the 3 second place teams they haven't played yet, and vice versa. Then after playing 3 rounds, they are seeded using MSHSAA's normal record-then-points method (including the district championship game), and then the top 4 teams would advance to state. However, since some teams drove a distance to KC/STL, I would support the idea to add the single-elimination bracket to determine seeding for state, so that teams have a chance at more than just 3 games, as well as avoiding the arbitrary luck-of-the-draw seeding set at the beginning of the year.

FZW Coach

2008 District Results

Post by FZW Coach »

It sounds like an interesting idea to me!

ELADAMO89

2008 District Results

Post by ELADAMO89 »

that's definitely more fair than the system we've got now

redliberte

2008 District Results

Post by redliberte »

ScoBo1987 wrote:
redliberte wrote:
mujason wrote: one in KC for the four eastern districts and one in STL for the four western districts
surely you mean the opposite?

:P
This is what MSHSAA would do to compensate for making the state series more fair.

;)
teehee true that.

Ravi Fernando

2008 District Results

Post by Ravi Fernando »

First, congrats to all district winners.

Second, thanks to Coach Gibbs and the other organizers for a well-run tournament. In particular, I liked seeing the preliminary statistics (ranking of teams and individuals) updated after every round. Troy Buchanan's absence was a bit of a setback, but everything was handled very well. Everyone was sportsmanlike and professional. That was really how a tournament should be run.

Third, a few comments on the competition itself...
round 1: KV 485 - 195 Hannibal... I got 7 tossups in the first quarter, but didn't do nearly as well for the rest of the tournament.
round 2: KV 625 - 65 Warrenton... I only got two tossups in the first half, but we somehow had 315 points at halftime. I think Laura got about ten tossups in the first half.
round 3: KV 510 - FHC 160... FHC's Charles was taking the ACT, and when he arrived during lunch, he found that his team was out (having already lost to FZW after a tiebreaker at 305-305)
semifinals: KV 565 - 220 FH... I got seven tossups, and made two separate math errors that I caught in time to interrupt my answers with "oh... oops... pass."
finals: KV 425 - 280 FZW... I think FZW was within 50 points until halftime, and KV didn't clinch the game until question 47.

individuals: Laura was 1st with 134 ppg; I was fourth with 90 ppg (I was tied with Julia from FZW until I got 9 and she got 8 in the finals.)

I think the sectionals proposal is a great idea. It would give teams like Fordland, Smithville, Liberty, SLUH, FZW/FHC, Glasgow, Parkway Central, LSW, etc. a fair chance at making state while giving district winners an advantage. MSHSAA might not like it due to the need for a few more question sets though.

Good luck at state everyone!

AShoaib

2008 District Results

Post by AShoaib »

I'd like the sectional idea just for giving Parkway Central another chance at state.

I'll see you at state Ravi. Although we don't play you... I'd like to see you and Kevin from our team go head to head on math. Kevin's fast, but from the stories I've heard, you're a quick ace.

L-Town Expatriate
Location: Riding a Mule down the Katy Trail to the State Fair

2008 District Results

Post by L-Town Expatriate »

The issue with two regionals is that some schools will have to travel just as far to the sub-state regional (which would wind up being at Warrensburg and UMSL, or thereabouts) as to get to Columbia. Having four regionals, each with the top two from a pair of neighboring districts (several districts would wind up redrawn), cuts down on travel time.

I don't know how much diesel is for you Jason, but it's $4.15 at the Handi-Mart next to the Chickendale Airport.

<hr />Since Jason did his scheme, I better geek out and do mine. Host would alternate to top-seed odd district during odd years and top-seed, even district during even years. Thusly:
Class One, Sectional One (D1 & D2), at TJI (Joplin)
Bradleyville vs Lockwood, TJI vs Norwood (cross match)
Bradleyville vs Norwood, TJI vs Lockwood (district re-match)
Bradleyville vs TJI, Lockwood vs Norwood (champ match)

Class One, Sectional Two (D3 & D4), at Pilot Grove
St. Elizabeth vs Glasgow, Pilot Grove vs Weaubleau
St. Elizabeth vs Weaubleau, Pilot Grove vs Glasgow
St. Elizabeth vs Pilot Grove, Weaubleau vs Glasgow

Class One, Sectional Three (D5 & D6), at North Shelby (Shelbyville)
KC Lutheran vs Brashear, North Shelby vs Wellington-Napoleon
KC Lutheran vs Wellington-Napoleon, North Shelby vs Brashear
KC Lutheran vs North Shelby, Wellington-Napoleon vs Brashear

Class One, Sectional Four (D7 & D8), at St. Joe Christian
Stanberry vs Mound City, St. Joe Christian vs Pattonsburg
Stanberry vs Pattonsburg, St. Joe Christian vs Mound City
Stanbetter vs St. Joe Christian, Pattonsburg vs Mound City

The distance among schools in Sectionals two and three might necessitate some re-districting, especially accounting for the span of D3 alone. Meanwhile, Sectionals One and Four are relatively self-contained. Were District Three not as expansive, Sectional Two could easily be contained to MidMo & Northeast.

Class Two, Sectional One (D1 & D2), at Valley Park
South Pemiscot vs Belle, Valley Park vs Thayer
South Pemiscot vs Thayer, Valley Park vs Belle
South Pemiscot vs Valley Park, Belle vs Thayer

Class Two, Sectional Two (D3 & D4), at Schuyler County (Queen City)
Elsberry vs South Shelby, Schuyler County vs Smithton
Elsberry vs Smithton, Schuyler County vs South Shelby
Elsberry vs Schuyler County, South Shelby vs Smithton

Class Two, Sectional Three (D5 & D6), at Purdy
Richland vs College Heights Christian, Purdy vs Fordland
Richland vs Fordland, Purdy vs College Heights Christian
Richland vs Purdy, Fordland vs College Heights Christian

Class Two, Sectional Four (D7 & D8), at Plattsburg
St. Paul Lutheran vs North Platte, Plattsburg vs St. Mary's Independence
St. Paul Lutheran vs St. Mary's Independence, Plattsburg vs North Platte
St. Paul Lutheran vs Plattsburgh, St. Mary's Independence vs North Platte

Class Three, Sectional One (D1 & D2), at Priory (St. Louis)
CGND vs Ste. Genevieve, Priory vs NMCC
CGND vs NMCC, Priory vs Ste. Genevieve
CGND vs Priory, St. Genevieve vs NMCC

Class Three, Sectional Two (D3 & D4), at Hallsville
Centralia vs South Callaway, Hallsville vs Monroe City
Centralia vs Monroe City, Hallsville vs South Callaway
Centralia vs Hallsville, Monroe City vs South Callaway

Class Three, Sectional Three (D5 & D6), at East Newton (Granby) - Shawn, would you have a problem with your questions being aired live on FM 100.3?

:D
Salem vs Seneca, East Newton vs Dixon
Salem vs Dixon, East Newton vs Seneca
Salem vs East Newton, Dixon vs Seneca

Class Three, Sectional Four (D7 & D8), at Savannah
Oak Grove vs Smithville, Savannah vs Odessa
Savannah vs Smithville, Oak Grove vs Odessa
Oak Grove vs Savannah, Smithville vs Odessa

Sectional Three taking place so close to Bella Vista, relative to Salem & Dixon's driving time, would give credence to the potential of having neutral sectional sites closer to all participants, likely involving state universities as in the case of basketball playoffs. Allowing sectionals from different classes to occur at the same site would also allow for centralization and, if necessary securing hotel rates. Or starting the sectionals at 1 p.m., since games would be done by 4:30. Consider the neutral sites at the end of this post.

Class Four, Sectional One/St. Louis (D2 & D3), at Eureka
Ladue vs SLUH, Eureka vs Parkway Central
Eureka vs SLUH, Ladue vs Parkway Central
Ladue vs Eureka, SLUH vs Parkway Central

Class Four, Sectional Two/Mid-Mo (D4 & D5), at Kirksville
Kirksville vs Helias, Hickman vs Fort Zumwalt West
Kirksville vs FZW, Hickman vs Helias
Kirksville vs Hickman, FZW vs Helias

Class Four, Sectional Three/South (D1 & D6), at Springfield Kickapoo
Cape Central vs Nixa, Kickapoo vs Poplar Bluff
Kickapoo vs Nixa, Cape Central vs Poplar Bluff
Cape Central vs Kickapoo, Nixa vs Poplar Bluff

Class Four, Sectional Four/KC (D7 & D8), at NKC
Blue Springs vs Liberty, NKC vs Lee's Summit West
NKC vs Liberty, Blue Springs vs LSW
NKC vs Blue Springs, Liberty vs LSW

The isolated nature of Districts One and Six prove problematic for the host-based sectional, unless coordinators are more than willing to toss aside the idea of metropolitan sectionals for KC & St. Louis, which are a staple in Cross Country, Track and almost any other sport. Therefore, neutral sites might have to be considered and contracted in advance. Taking into account the aforementioned pairings, possible neutral sites (staffing handled by MSHSAA, not by the host schools) & assignments could be:

Missouri State, Springfield - C1S1, C2S3, C3S3
Truman State, Kirksville - C1S3, C2S2
Missouri S & T, Rolla - C1S2, C2S1, C4S3
Missouri Western, St. Joseph - C1S4, C2S4, C3S4, C4S4
William Woods, Fulton - C3S2, C4S2
WashU, St. Louis - C3S1, C4S1

Charlie Dees

2008 District Results

Post by Charlie Dees »

Did you notice that Kirksville has to drive to O'Fallon for districts, and that Blue Springs used to be in Kirksville's district? Something tells me MSHSAA doesn't really give much of a crap about teams going far.

L-Town Expatriate

2008 District Results

ashkenaziCD wrote: Did you notice that Kirksville has to drive to O'Fallon for districts, and that Blue Springs used to be in Kirksville's district? Something tells me MSHSAA doesn't really give much of a crap about teams going far.
Yes. And that was back when diesel was a measly $1.75 a gallon.

mujason

2008 District Results

Post by mujason »

As stated before, the main logistical roadblocks for an extra sectional round would be fuel costs (for the teams) and packet and worker costs (for MSHSAA). I'll be posting my predicted results for my hypothetical sectionals soon. Jeff is correct as to how my sectionals would work; each district champ would play the district runners-up from the other three districts and each runner-up would play the district champs from the other three districts. Also, after the three-game pool play, the top four would advance to state, but there would be a standard playoff to seed the four teams for scheduling. For that, the first-place sectional team would play the other section's second, third, and fourth place teams; the second-place team would play the other section's first, third, and fourth place teams; the third-place team would play the other section's first, second, and fourth place teams; and the fourth-place team would play the other section's first, second, and third place teams. I deliberately weighted the schedules to reward winning districts and better performance in the sectional playoffs.

FZW Coach

2008 District Results

Post by FZW Coach »

AShoaib wrote: I'd like the sectional idea just for giving Parkway Central another chance at state.

I'll see you at state Ravi. Although we don't play you... I'd like to see you and Kevin from our team go head to head on math. Kevin's fast, but from the stories I've heard, you're a quick ace.
If you wanted good math, you should have seen Kirksville vs. FHC. I obvisouly did not. George (FHC) and Ravi are both sophomores, both have taken Calculus (and who knows what else). My sister moderated and was amazed. I looked at her question set and I didn't tally the math, but it looked pretty even between the two.

FZW Coach

2008 District Results

Post by FZW Coach »

Ravi Fernando wrote: ... I think FZW was within 50 points until halftime, and KV didn't clinch the game until question 47.

individuals: Laura was 1st with 134 ppg; I was fourth with 90 ppg (I was tied with Julia from FZW until I got 9 and she got 8 in the finals.)
We made some mistakes in the 2nd quarter. I felt like the way you all were playing, we had to go for it. I was hoping they would jump on early clues and see if we could swing it back in our favor. Unfortunately, they jumped on early clues and messed it up giving you all free questions.

After the 3 morning rounds, Laura was in first and there was a three way tie for second among Ravi, Julia (FZW), and Becca (FZW). Personally I think we should have left the All District team based on the morning rounds because those were the best 4 players.

By adding the afternoon rounds, the Mexico captain slipped up to #2 and the FH captain slipped up to #3. Both of those teams made the afternoon round, but when Becca and Julia had to compete against Kirksville, it certainly skewed the individual results (for what it is worth).

AShoaib

2008 District Results

Post by AShoaib »

If you wanted good math, you should have seen Kirksville vs. FHC. I obvisouly did not. George (FHC) and Ravi are both sophomores, both have taken Calculus (and who knows what else).
Nice! I too took Calc (freshman year), but I've never been too quick with the numbers.

FordATeam/CC

2008 District Results

Post by FordATeam/CC »

Either method of splitting for sectionals would be much preferable than the current set-up. I think the 2 sectional idea, while more costly and time consuming for schools, would do a better job of creating the proper pool for state. There are just certain areas of the state (and they vary based on class) where usually the competition is stronger (KC & STL in class 4, SW Mo in class 2) or weaker (SW Mo in Class 3 this year) that I don't think the 4 sectionals would address quite as well if it came down to choosing between the 2 proposed systems. However, I do agree that the latter has more possibility of coming to fruition.

L-Town Expatriate

2008 District Results

mujason wrote: Jeff is correct as to how my sectionals would work; each district champ would play the district runners-up from the other three districts and each runner-up would play the district champs from the other three districts. Also, after the three-game pool play, the top four would advance to state, but there would be a standard playoff to seed the four teams for scheduling.
This is where I have issue with this setup. District champions have a considerable advantage, playing everyone else's second-place teams and not any of their fellow champs until (quite likely) the state meet. Ergo, with the exception of one or two sectional (Quite likely Liberty's and Smithville's), the district champs are more likely to arrive out of this unscathed than traveling out of a quad sectional, having played everyone in that sectional.

Charlie Dees

2008 District Results

Post by Charlie Dees »

I see absolutely no problem with making teams who get second place play more teams who get first place. The point is to help weed out the district winners who aren't as good as 2nd place teams in other districts.

L-Town Expatriate

2008 District Results

And since Jason's going to do predictions with his scheme, I'll geek out and do the same with my scenario:
<hr />Class One, Sectional One (D1 & D2), at Missouri State, Springfield
Bradleyville 155 vs Lockwood 210, TJI 310 vs Norwood 115
Bradleyville 225 vs Norwood 145, TJI 300 vs Lockwood 280
Bradleyville 175 vs TJI 295, Lockwood 215 vs Norwood 145
Advancing: TJI (3-0) and Lockwood (2-1)

Class One, Sectional Two (D3 & D4), at Missouri S & T, Rolla
St. Elizabeth 195 vs Glasgow 260, Pilot Grove 390 vs Weaubleau 125
St. Elizabeth 280 vs Weaubleau 210, Pilot Grove 315 vs Glasgow 300
St. Elizabeth 215 vs Pilot Grove 290, Weaubleau 120 vs Glasgow 215
Advancing: Pilot Grove (3-0) and Glasgow (2-1)

Class One, Sectional Three (D5 & D6), at Truman State, Kirksville
KC Lutheran 280 vs Brashear 215, North Shelby 225 vs Wellington-Napoleon 130
KC Lutheran 250 vs Wellington-Napoleon 145, North Shelby 295 vs Brashear 195
KC Lutheran 215 vs North Shelby 260, Wellington-Napoleon 145 vs Brashear 200
Advancing: North Shelby (3-0) and KC Lutheran (2-1)

Class One, Sectional Four (D7 & D8), at Missouri Western, St. Joseph
Stanberry 215 vs Mound City 240, St. Joe Christian 315 vs Pattonsburg 150
Stanberry 215 vs Pattonsburg 125, St. Joe Christian 285 vs Mound City 190
Stanberry 180 vs St. Joe Christian 320, Pattonsburg 145 vs Mound City 205
Advancing: St. Joe Christian (3-0) and Mound City (2-1)

Before I continue, I might need to propose a state seeding format. Ergo:
During Odd Years:
1-1 vs 4-2, 2-1 vs 3-2, 3-1 vs 2-2, 4-1 vs 1-2
1-1 vs 3-1, 2-1 vs 4-1, 1-2 vs 3-2, 2-2 vs 4-2
1-1 vs 2-1, 2-2 vs 3-2, 3-1 vs 4-1, 4-2 vs 1-2

During Even Years:
1-1 vs 3-2, 2-1 vs 4-2, 3-1 vs 1-2, 4-1 vs 2-2
1-1 vs 4-1, 2-1 vs 3-1, 4-2 vs 1-2, 3-2 vs 2-2
1-1 vs 2-1, 3-2 vs 4-2, 2-2 vs 1-2, 4-1 vs 3-1

Continuing with my possibly way off predictions:

State Prelims:
TJI vs KC Lutheran, Pilot Grove vs Mound City, North Shelby vs Lockwood, St. Joe Christian vs Glasgow
TJI vs St. Joe Christian, Pilot Grove vs North Shelby, Mound City vs Lockwood, KC Lutheran vs Glasgow
TJI vs Pilot Grove, KC Lutheran vs Mound City, Glasgow vs Lockwood, St. Joe Christian vs North Shelby
<hr />Class Two, Sectional One (D1 & D2), at Missouri S&T, Rolla
South Pemiscot 220 vs Belle 245, Valley Park 215 vs Thayer 245
South Pemiscot 255 vs Thayer 215, Valley Park 290 vs Belle 250
South Pemiscot 280 vs Valley Park 240, Belle 255 vs Thayer 250 (OT)
Advancing: South Pemiscot (2-1, 755), Belle (2-1, 750)

Class Two, Sectional Two (D3 & D4), at Truman State, Kirksville
Elsberry 245 vs South Shelby 260, Schuyler County 280 vs Smithton 195
Elsberry 250 vs Smithton 160, Schuyler County 295 vs South Shelby 220
Elsberry 240 vs Schuyler County 310, South Shelby 215 vs Smithton 225
Advancing: Schuyler County (3-0), Elsberry (1-2, 735)

Class Two, Sectional Three (D5 & D6), at Missouri State, Springfield
Richland 355 vs College Heights Christian 175, Purdy 235 vs Fordland 255
Richland 360 vs Fordland 225, Purdy 260 vs College Heights Christian 210
Richland 315 vs Purdy 190, Fordland 260 vs College Heights Christian 225
Advancing: Richland (3-0), Fordland (2-1)

Class Two, Sectional Four (D7 & D8), at Maple Woods, Kansas City
St. Paul Lutheran 250 vs North Platte 290, Plattsburg 245 vs St. Mary's Independence 220
St. Paul Lutheran 320 vs St. Mary's Independence 245, Plattsburg 230 vs North Platte 240
St. Paul Lutheran 280 vs Plattsburg 265, St. Mary's Independence 230 vs North Platte 255
Advancing: St. Paul Lutheran (2-1, 850), North Platte (2-1, 785)

State Prelims:
South Pemiscot vs Fordland, Schuyler County vs North Platte, Richland vs Belle, St. Paul Lutheran vs Elsberry
South Pemiscot vs St. Paul Lutheran, Schuyler County vs Richland, North Platte vs Belle, Fordland vs Elsberry
South Pemiscot vs Schuyler County, Fordland vs North Platte, Elsberry vs Belle, St. Paul Lutheran vs Richland
<hr />Class Three, Sectional One (D1 & D2), at WashU, St. Louis
CGND 415 vs Ste. Genevieve 240, Priory 255 vs NMCC 260 (OT)
CGND 355 vs NMCC 120, Priory 290 vs Ste. Genevieve 275
CGND 360 vs Priory 250, Ste. Genevieve 210 vs NMCC 205
Advancing: CGND (3-0), Ste. Genevieve (1-2, 725)

Class Three, Sectional Two (D3 & D4), at William Woods, Fulton
Centralia 365 vs South Callaway 295, Hallsville 290 vs Monroe City 280
Centralia 350 vs Monroe City 285, Hallsville 275 vs South Callaway 280 (OT)
Centralia 325 vs Hallsville 270, Monroe City 210 vs South Callaway 250
Advancing: Centralia (3-0), South Callaway (2-1)

Class Three, Sectional Three (D5 & D6), at Missouri State, Springfield
Salem 290 vs Seneca 130, East Newton 210 vs Dixon 235
Salem 320 vs Dixon 290, East Newton 275 vs Seneca 230
Salem 325 vs East Newton 235, Dixon 275 vs Seneca 145
Advancing: Salem (3-0), Dixon (2-1)

Class Three, Sectional Four (D7 & D8), at Maple Woods, Kansas City
Oak Grove 280 vs Smithville 390, Savannah 520 vs Odessa 170
Savannah 490 vs Smithville 355, Oak Grove 355 vs Odessa 205
Oak Grove 215 vs Savannah 425, Smithville 415 vs Odessa 195
Advancing: Savannah (3-0), Smithville (2-1)

State Prelims:
CGND vs Dixon, Centralia vs Smithville, Salem vs Ste. Genevieve, Savannah vs South Callaway
CGND vs Savannah, Centralia vs Salem, Smithville vs Ste. Genevieve, Dixon vs South Callaway
CGND vs Centralia, Dixon vs Smithville, South Callaway vs Ste. Genevieve, Savannah vs Salem
<hr />Class Four, St. Louis Sectional (D2 & D3), at WashU
Ladue 325 vs SLUH 280, Eureka 380 vs Parkway Central 310
Eureka 390 vs SLUH 250, Ladue 315 vs Parkway Central 265
Ladue 325 vs Eureka 340, SLUH 255 vs Parkway Central 260 (OT)
Advancing: Eureka (3-0), Ladue (2-1)

Class Four, Central Sectional (D4 & D5), at William Woods, Fulton
Kirksville 450 vs Helias 290, Hickman 400 vs Fort Zumwalt West 385
Kirksville 420 vs FZW 295, Hickman 390 vs Helias 295
Kirksville 410 vs Hickman 395, FZW 320 vs Helias 280
Advancing: Kirksville (3-0), Hickman (2-1)

Class Four, South Sectional (D1 & D6), at Missouri S&T, Rolla
Cape Central 410 vs Nixa 375, Kickapoo 290 vs Poplar Bluff 215
Kickapoo 300 vs Nixa 305 (OT), Cape Central 465 vs Poplar Bluff 200
Cape Central 365 vs Kickapoo 325, Nixa 405 vs Poplar Bluff 195
Advancing: Cape Central (3-0), Nixa (2-1)

Class Four, Kansas City Sectional (D7 & D8), at Maple Woods
Blue Springs 295 vs Liberty 355, NKC 505 vs Lee's Summit West 260
NKC 585 vs Liberty 315, Blue Springs 215 vs LSW 255
NKC 490 vs Blue Springs 250, Liberty 350 vs LSW 240
Advancing: NKC (3-0), Liberty (2-1)

State Prelims:
Eureka vs Nixa, Kirksville vs Liberty, Cape Central vs Ladue, NKC vs Hickman
Eureka vs NKC, Kirksville vs Cape Central, Liberty vs Ladue, Nixa vs Hickman
Eureka vs Kirksville, Nixa vs Liberty, Hickman vs Ladue, NKC vs Cape Central

Note changes to potential sectional sites, not that it makes much of a difference in the quad sectional proposal, but still:

William Woods, Fulton - C3S2, C4S2
Maple Woods, Kansas City - C2S4, C3S4, C4S4
Truman State, Kirksville - C1S3, C2S2
Missouri S & T, Rolla - C1S2, C2S1, C4S3
WashU, St. Louis - C3S1, C4S1
Missouri Western, St. Joseph - C1S4
Missouri State, Springfield - C1S1, C2S3, C3S3

AShoaib

2008 District Results

Post by AShoaib »

Holy God.

This is like some sick March Madness parody, but serious.

KentB

2008 District Results

Post by KentB »

Priory 255 vs NMCC 260 (OT)

That would not happen..... just sayin.

Charlie Dees

2008 District Results

Post by Charlie Dees »

AShoaib wrote: Holy God.

Come on people, predicting who would win each game in a hypothetical sectional that will never happen? Really? Stop it now.

Charlie Dees

2008 District Results

Post by Charlie Dees »

To try and derail this thread back to actually being productive, this is just a general notice that all 32 district champions automatically qualified for the PACE National Scholastic Championship.

FZW Coach

2008 District Results

Post by FZW Coach »

KentB wrote: Priory 255 vs NMCC 260 (OT)

That would not happen..... just sayin.
You don't get any extra points for OT, just the win.

scphilli

2008 District Results

Post by scphilli »

ashkenaziCD wrote:
AShoaib wrote: Holy God.

Come on people, predicting who would win each game in a hypothetical sectional that will never happen? Really? Stop it now.
Agreed. That, or start a fantasy quizbowl thread in the Miscellaneous section. Miscellaneous...not that hard to spell by the way.

mujason

2008 District Results

Post by mujason »

Well, Kyle put up his predictions, so I'll put up mine.

Class 1:
East:
Bradleyville 360 Weaubleau 130
Glasgow 350 St. Elizabeth 210
Pilot Grove 380 Brashear 180
North Shelby 280 Norwood 180

Glasgow 325 Bradleyville 285
St. Elizabeth 240 Brashear 220
Pilot Grove 350 Norwood 170
North Shelby 280 Weaubleau 150

Bradleyville 360 Brashear 150
St. Elizabeth 270 Norwood 170
Pilot Grove 400 Weaubleau 125
Glasgow 340 North Shelby 200

1. Pilot Grove 3-0, 1130 points
2. Glasgow 3-0, 1015
3. Bradleyville 2-1, 1005
4. North Shelby 2-1, 760
5. St. Elizabeth 2-1, 720
6. Brashear 0-3, 550
7. Norwood 0-3, 520
8. Weaubleau 0-3, 405

Thus, in the East, Glasgow replaces St. Elizabeth at State. Sectional playoffs for state seedings continues:

Semis
Pilot Grove 360 North Shelby 180
Glasgow 325 Bradleyville 285

Third Place
Bradleyville 350 North Shelby 175

Championship
Pilot Grove 340 Glasgow 315

West:
Thomas Jefferson 375 Wellington-Napoleon 180
Lutheran (Kansas City) 310 Pattonsburg 200
Stanberry 300 Mound City 240
St. Joseph Christian 325 Lockwood 280

Thomas Jefferson 400 Pattonsburg 150
Lutheran (Kansas City) 275 Mound City 225
Lockwood 305 Stanberry 275
St. Joseph Christian 350 Wellington-Napoleon 180

Thomas Jefferson 400 Mound City 200
Lockwood 285 Lutheran (Kansas City) 265
Stanberry 330 Wellington-Napoleon 190
St. Joseph Christian 410 Pattonsburg 150

1. Thomas Jefferson 3-0, 1175 points
2. St. Joseph Christian 3-0, 1085
3. Stanberry 2-1, 905
4. Lockwood 2-1, 870
5. Lutheran (KC) 2-1, 850
6. Mound City 0-3, 665
7. Wellington-Napoleon 0-3, 550
8. Pattonsburg 0-3, 500

Thus, in the West Sectional, Lockwood replaces Lutheran (KC) at State.

Semis
Thomas Jefferson 340 Lockwood 285
St. Joseph Christian 350 Stanberry 240

Third Place
Lockwood 305 Stanberry 275

Championship
St. Joseph Christian 310 Thomas Jefferson 290

Class 2:
East:
South Pemiscot 280 Belle 200
Smithton 250 Valley Park 200
Elsberry 285 South Shelby 275
Schuyler County 400 Thayer 220

South Pemiscot 260 Smithton 240
South Shelby 300 Valley Park 200
Elsberry 300 Thayer 250
Schuyler County 400 Belle 180

South Shelby 290 South Pemiscot 260
Thayer 255 Valley Park 235
Elsberry 330 Belle 170
Schuyler County 410 Smithton 190

1. Schuyler County 3-0, 1210 points
2. Elsberry 3-0, 915
3. South Shelby 2-1, 865
4. South Pemiscot 2-1, 800
5. Thayer 1-2, 725
6. Smithton 1-2, 680
7. Valley Park 0-3, 635
8. Belle 0-3, 550

Thus, in the East Sectional, South Shelby replaces Valley Park at State.

Semis
Schuyler County 390 South Pemiscot 230
Elsberry 285 South Shelby 275

Third Place
South Pemiscot 260 South Shelby 220

Championship
Schuyler County 360 Elsberry 250

West:
Richland 450 College Hts. 150
Purdy 360 St. Mary's (Independence) 240
St. Paul Lutheran 290 North Platte 230
Fordland 340 Plattsburg 240

Richland 425 St. Mary's (Independence) 200
Purdy 360 North Platte 200
Fordland 350 St. Paul Lutheran 230
Plattsburg 340 College Hts. 170

Richland 450 North Platte 175
Fordland 330 Purdy 320
St. Paul Lutheran 300 College Hts. 200
Plattsburg 280 St. Mary's (Independence) 240

1. Richland 3-0, 1325 points
2. Fordland 3-0, 1020
3. Purdy 2-1, 1040
4. Plattsburg 2-1, 860
5. St. Paul Lutheran 2-1, 820
6. St. Mary's (Indep) 0-3, 680
7. North Platte 0-3, 605
8. College Hts. 0-3, 520

Thus, Fordland replaces St. Paul Lutheran at State.

Semis
Richland 425 Plattsburg 200
Fordland 330 Purdy 320

Third Place
Purdy 350 Plattsburg 250

Championship
Richland 400 Fordland 235

Class 3:
East:
Notre Dame (Cape Girardeau) 375 Ste. Genevieve 275
Priory 375 Monroe City 225
Centralia 400 South Callaway 250
Hallsville 400 Central (New Madrid County) 200

Notre Dame (Cape Girardeau) 400 Monroe City 200
Priory 350 South Callaway 250
Centralia 450 Central (New Madrid County) 150
Hallsville 335 Ste. Genevieve 315

Notre Dame (Cape Girardeau) 425 South Callaway 225
Priory 500 Central (New Madrid County) 150
Centralia 325 Ste. Genevieve 275
Hallsville 350 Monroe City 250

1. Priory 3-0, 1225 points
2. Notre Dame 3-0, 1200
3. Centralia 3-0, 1175
4. Hallsville 3-0, 1085
5. Ste. Gevevieve 0-3, 865
6. South Callaway 0-3, 725
7. Monroe City 0-3, 675
8. Central (New Madrid County) 0-3, 500

Thus, all four East Sectional teams advancing to State remain the same.

Semis
Priory 330 Hallsville 300
Notre Dame 350 Centralia 300

Third Place
Centralia 320 Hallsville 280

Championship
Notre Dame 350 Priory 300

West:
Salem 280 Seneca 220
East Newton 240 Odessa 230
Oak Grove 350 Smithville 250
Savannah 480 Dixon 140

Odessa 280 Salem 260
Smithville 300 East Newton 200
Oak Grove 350 Dixon 150
Savannah 500 Seneca 125

Smithville 275 Salem 225
Dixon 265 East Newton 235
Oak Grove 475 Seneca 150
Savannah 520 Odessa 200

1. Savannah 3-0, 1500 points
2. Oak Grove 3-0, 1175
3. Smithville 2-1, 825
4. Salem 1-2, 765
5. Odessa 1-2, 710
6. East Newton 1-2, 675
7. Dixon 1-2, 555
8. Seneca 0-3, 495

Thus, in the West Sectional, Smithville replaces East Newton at State.

Semis
Savannah 475 Salem 150
Oak Grove 350 Smithville 250

Third Place
Smithville 275 Salem 225

Championship
Savannah 400 Oak Grove 300

Class 4:
East:
Central (Cape Girardeau) 375 St. Louis Univ. High 275
Eureka 360 Parkway Central 340
Ladue 450 Fort Zumwalt West 250
Kirksville 460 Poplar Bluff 150

Central (Cape Girardeau) 350 Parkway Central 300
Eureka 350 Fort Zumwalt West 300
Ladue 475 Poplar Bluff 125
Kirksville 400 St. Louis Univ. High 300

Central (Cape Girardeau) 400 Fort Zumwalt West 300
Eureka 420 Poplar Bluff 200
Ladue 425 St. Louis Univ. High 325
Kirksville 400 Parkway Central 350

1. Ladue 3-0, 1350 points
2. Kirksville 3-0, 1260
3. Eureka 3-0, 1130
4. Central (Cape) 3-0, 1125
5. Parkway Central 0-3, 990
6. SLUH 0-3, 900
7. FZW 0-3, 850
8. Poplar Bluff 0-3, 475

Thus, the four state-bound teams from the East Sectional remain the same.

Semis
Ladue 370 Central (Cape) 310
Kirksville 350 Eureka 330

Third Place
Central (Cape) 335 Eureka 315

Championship
Ladue 380 Kirksville 350

West:
Hickman 365 Nixa 285
Lee's Summit West 340 Kickapoo 310
Liberty 450 Blue Springs 300
North Kansas City 620 Helias 180

Hickman 400 Lee's Summit West 300
Liberty 400 Kickapoo 300
Blue Springs 380 Helias 320
North Kansas City 610 Nixa 190

Liberty 400 Hickman 350
Kickapoo 375 Helias 275
Blue Springs 350 Nixa 280
North Kansas City 605 Lee's Summit West 195

1. NKC 3-0, 1835
2. Liberty 3-0, 1250
3. Hickman 2-1, 1115
4. Blue Springs 2-1, 1030
5. Kickapoo 1-2, 985
6. LSW 1-2, 835
7. Helias 0-3, 775
8. Nixa 0-3, 755

Thus, in the West Sectional, Liberty replaces Kickapoo at State.

Semis

NKC 600 Blue Springs 200
Liberty 400 Hickman 350

Third Place
Hickman 375 Blue Springs 325

Championship
NKC 550 Liberty 290

I'll have the hypothetical state predictions from the new state lineup and schedule later.

redliberte

2008 District Results

Post by redliberte »

scphilli wrote: fantasy quizbowl
ROFL.

Charlie Dees

2008 District Results

Post by Charlie Dees »

Someone didn't notice that they are making total fools of themselves.

KentB

2008 District Results

Post by KentB »

I think you just missed the memo that we now have Sectionals, Chuq. You should really get on the ball.

scphilli

2008 District Results

Post by scphilli »

KentB wrote: I think you just missed the memo that we now have Sectionals, Chuq. You should really get on the ball.
So, Jason on the message board = Butters in ImaginationLand?

L-Town Expatriate

2008 District Results

KentB wrote: I think you just missed the memo that we now have Sectionals, Chuq.  You should really get on the ball.
But that plan is complete crap with 16 districts. It splits the current district championship into a night all its own, provided districts are split down the middle. I sense that Liberty and NKC will still wind up in the same, yet smaller, district.

And yes I am making a fool of myself, but I won't bother going into details of who all would do what in a hypothetical state fueled by a hypothetical quad sectional. For one, the state seeding might need tweaking to ensure a slight advantage to being top seed out of the sectional. For two, I'm packing for a weekend retreat to Maries County this weekend. With my girlfriend.

:wub:

Also, [modhat]anyone not OK with me splitting all the hypothetical sectional talk into a new thread?[/modhat]

socalcaptain

2008 District Results

Post by socalcaptain »

L-Town Expatriate wrote: Class Three, Sectional Two (D3 & D4), at William Woods, Fulton
Centralia 365 vs South Callaway 295, Hallsville 290 vs Monroe City 280
Centralia 350 vs Monroe City 285, Hallsville 275 vs South Callaway 280 (OT)
Centralia 325 vs Hallsville 270, Monroe City 210 vs South Callaway 250
Advancing: Centralia (3-0), South Callaway (2-1)
I like this. I like this very much.

One, I would have quite an easy drive considering I live very close to William Woods.

Two, I like how we get to go to state.

Three, overtime vs. Hallsville. Now that would be fun.

Though, I'm not so optimistic about South Callaway for next year. At the risk of sounding really arrogant, I'm their top scorer and have been for the past three years (I actually played varsity as a freshman - not because I had to, but because I actually did well). Hallsville's going to keep their top scorer (Taylor Smith) for another year and they have some other players (Kelson Rosbach for one) that are really good. Though we have some quick mathematicians and good players, we don't have any standouts as far as all-district or anything like that. Next year's team will have one returning senior and some juniors with varsity experience, but overall they will be a very fresh team.

It's going to be a rebuilding year for them, to borrow a phrase commonly heard of our football team.

redliberte

2008 District Results

Post by redliberte »

socalcaptain wrote: It's going to be a rebuilding year for them, to borrow a phrase commonly heard of our football team.
hey, every year since 2005's been a "rebuilding year" for liberty, supposedly.

FishyFreshman

2008 District Results

Post by FishyFreshman »

Next year shouldn't be though, just to break the trend.

FordATeam/CC

2008 District Results

Post by FordATeam/CC »

Every year since we finally broke into state (05') we've had 2 to 3 new starters on Varsity the next year. Only one of this years' group that did so well was a starter last year on Varsity, another was a sub and the other 2 started JV.

DIoanis

2008 District Results

Post by DIoanis »

I wouldn't write that check to state for next year just yet Spencer. NKC is still a great team without Charles, plus our entire team (save for a sub that played once in a while and a less than par senior) will be coming back. Not sure if Park Hill will all be back, if so that squad could win the district. Also, with NKC's school district opening a new high school next year, I'm guessing that school will be in district 8 and perhaps a team will be switched out ( which I hope is us, since we are closer to LSN and Blue Springs than Liberty and NKC in terms of geography) So if MSHSAA doesn't change anything next year your going to have to get through Truman, Park Hill and NKC again. Any of those teams could win it.

Jeffrey Hill

2008 District Results

Post by Jeffrey Hill »

trumanboy wrote: I wouldn't write that check to state for next year just yet Spencer. NKC is still a great team without Charles, plus our entire team (save for a sub that played once in a while and a less than par senior) will be coming back. Not sure if Park Hill will all be back, if so that squad could win the  district. Also, with NKC's school district opening a new high school next year, I'm guessing that school will be in district 8 and perhaps a team will be switched out ( which I hope is us, since we are closer to LSN and Blue Springs than Liberty and NKC in terms of geography) So if MSHSAA doesn't change anything next year your going to have to get through Truman, Park Hill and NKC again. Any of those teams could win it.
I think he means that next year won't be a rebuilding year for Liberty; not saying that they will win districts. Though I'm not too familiar with the team this year, isn't much of your [Liberty's] lit and fine arts base graduating?

FishyFreshman

2008 District Results

Post by FishyFreshman »

Yeah I didn't mean we were going to win, just that it isn't going to be a rebuilding year really. We do lose Allie, one of our 3 main starters, but Cam and I will still be there. We both have a fair amount of fine arts / lit knowledge.

DIoanis

2008 District Results

Post by DIoanis »

Well any way you look at it Liberty will have a great squad next year like most other years, regardless if it's a rebuilding year or not. Hopefully we well play each other before districts next year. Any JV moving up to varsity next year on the team? Some of those guys didn't took too bad when I saw them play at JV state.

redliberte

2008 District Results

Post by redliberte »

i'm sure some of the jv kids are coming up... there are quite a few that are graduating, even though they didn't all play as much as others.

FishyFreshman

2008 District Results

Post by FishyFreshman »

Lot's of things could happen between now and then so I hesitate to even guess at what the starting lineup will be next year. I am confident Cameron and I will both start, and probably Anna from JV. Lucas, Katelin, Kay, lots of people could play. It's just really early to say.

DIoanis

2008 District Results

Post by DIoanis »

Yep, your preaching to the choir, we have the same problem. Were just about set, we just need 1 or 2 more people to get us up to the amount of people we want on our teams. I don't know if were bring up JV or just going to keep those holes, we will see!

Charlie Dees

2008 District Results

Post by Charlie Dees »

Hey, here's a cool idea - why not restrict your A team to the highest scoring combination of 4 people in your program/able to go to tournaments/whatever and then let everyone else come to tournaments and play on a B, C, etc. team. This is infinitely more productive for everyone than dragging along alternates (especially when it means your roster has more then 6 people on it). Think about it.

FishyFreshman

2008 District Results

Post by FishyFreshman »

I was not preaching, nor do I see it as a problem.

S.C.Mitchell07

2008 District Results

Post by S.C.Mitchell07 »

What's the drawback to having a two-day state tournament with the District Champ and Runner Up advancing to and seeding them accordingly? Call me crazy, but I'm thinking something like a predetermined seeding might work with a three round opening set or round robin with the stipulation that a district pair may not rematch until Saturday state competition. My fantasy quizbowl bracket works out like this:
(District Winners in Left Column)

Round 1
(D1) Allentown v (D8) Iglesia
(D2) Brownsville v (D7) Johnson
(D3) Clover City v (D6) James T Kirk
(D4) Daring v (D5) London
(D5) Ellsworth v (D4) Middleton
(D6) Fulton v (D3) Nickelsburg
(D7) Georgetown v (D2) Orr
(D8) Herculaneum v (D1) Point Quaker

Winners: Allentown, Johnson, Clover City, Daring, Middleton, Fulton, Georgetown, Herculaneum

Round 2
Allentown v Johnson
Brownsville v James T Kirk
Clover City v London
Daring v Nickelsburg
Ellsworth v Orr
Fulton v Point Quaker
Georgetown v Iglesia
Herculaneum v Middleton

Winners: Johnson, Brownsville, Clover City, Daring, Ellsworth, Fulton, Georgetown, Middleton

Round 3
Allentown v Orr
Brownsville v Point Quaker
Clover City v Iglesia
Daring v Johnson
Ellsworth v James T Kirk
Fulton v London
Georgetown v Middleton
Herculaneum v Nickelsburg

Winners: Orr, Brownsville, Clover City, Daring, Ellsworth, London, Middleton, Herculaneum

Standings after Opening Rounds:

[District 4] Daring 3-0 (955)
[District 4] Middleton 3-0 (895)
[District 3] Clover City 3-0 (860)
[District 7] Georgetown 2-1 (895)
[District 5] Ellsworth 2-1 (830)
[District 8] Herculaneum 2-1 (820)
[District 6] Fulton 2-1 (790)
[District 7] Johnson 2-1 (785)
------------------
[District 2] Brownsville 2-1 (720)
[District 5] London 1-2 (760)
[District 1] Allentown 1-2 (620)
[District 2] Orr 1-2 (600)
[District 1] Point Quaker 0-3 (660)
[District 6] James T Kirk 0-3 (595)
[District 3] Nicklesburg 0-3 (545)
[District 8] Iglesia 0-3 (500)

From there, a traditional 8 team bracket is formed:
1) Daring vs 8) Johnson
2) Middleton vs 7) Fulton
3) Clover City vs 6) Herculaneum
4) Georgetown vs 5) Ellsworth

to

Daring vs Georgetown
Middleton vs Herculaneum

to

Daring vs Middleton

With Middleton winning the Championship.

Two strong teams in the same district benefit the most from this system, in that they do not meet until the final round of state. The downside to this is how initial round plays out, in that I didn't think hard enough to have a round robin style of District Champs vs Runner Ups excluding matches where district teams would have a rematch. The initial three rounds can be made into a thrice drawn seeding, with the drawing teams district removed from the drawing. And while I pulled this numbers randomly, only two district winners are left out of the State playoff, with both teams coming from a "weak" district, which I personally feel represents the natural strength of any district.

redliberte

2008 District Results

Post by redliberte »

(D6) James T Kirk
is it sad that i didn't realize that these weren't real schools until i saw that?

... and when is the fantasy quizbowl thread coming? (still one of the most ridiculous things i've ever seen)

Ravi Fernando

2008 District Results

Post by Ravi Fernando »

FZW Coach wrote:George (FHC) and Ravi are both sophomores, both have taken Calculus (and who knows what else).  My sister moderated and was amazed.  I looked at her question set and I didn't tally the math, but it looked pretty even between the two.
lol... George and I kinda have a history of being "pretty even"... when we both competed in the MoCTM state math contest in 4th-6th grades, there were six total events (two categories each year) and we each won three. We also placed second twice each... and seventh the remaining time. This year, we're both among Missouri's five USA Math Olympiad qualifiers.

:D
ashkenaziCD wrote:Did you notice that Kirksville has to drive to O'Fallon for districts, and that Blue Springs used to be in Kirksville's district? Something tells me MSHSAA doesn't really give much of a crap about teams going far.
Yeah, we actually went through Columbia on the way to both conference (Marshall) and districts (FZW) this year.
AShoaib wrote:Although we don't play you...
... unless we see each other in the third-place game or something.

DIoanis

2008 District Results

Post by DIoanis »

Spencer, it was just a expression as to how I could relate to what your team, I didn't literally me that you were preaching to me. Can't you take a joke? (even though it's wasn't much of a joke...)