Looking for practice material?

Find thousands of free archived packets for practice and study from the Quizbowl Packet Archive!

Northeast Missouri Date Claims for the 2018-19 Season

Tournament announcements, results, and discussion about specific tournaments.
L-Town Expatriate
Location: Riding a Mule down the Katy Trail to the State Fair

Northeast Missouri Date Claims for the 2018-19 Season

Post by L-Town Expatriate »

On behalf of the below-mentioned schools, I am pleased to announce that these tournaments will be taking place during the forthcoming 2018-19 season:

Central Methodist Fall Tournament (name TBD) - November 17th, 2018, CMU Campus, Fayette (high school)
South Shelby Winter Invitational (SS WIN) - January 5th, 2019, South Shelby HS (high school, roster-restricted)
Scholastic Tournament Acclaiming the Recall of Knowledge (STARK) - January 12th, 2019, Louisiana HS (high school)
The Moberly Young Scholars Tournament (MYST) - January 19th, 2019, Moberly HS (JV/novice and middle school divisions)
Bulldog Regional Interscholastic Challenge (BRIC) - March 16th, 2019, Mexico HS (high school)
Outstate Missouri Academic Rendezvous (OMAR) - March 30th, 2019, Moberly HS (high school)

I am working to confirm dates for additional tournaments this season. I will update this thread when those dates are confirmed. Individual threads will announce each tournament, including registration details, and will also be linked from this thread. I encourage all teams in the region to make a note of these dates on your calendars. Again, all dates may be subject to change.
Last edited by L-Town Expatriate on Thu Sep 27, 2018 12:41 pm, edited 4 times in total.

L-Town Expatriate

Re: Northeast Missouri Date Claims for the 2018-19 Season

One set confirmation to pass along: BRIC will again mirror the Reinstein Set, derived from the Illinois Masonic Series.

L-Town Expatriate

The Moberly Young Scholars Tournament will have different sets for each division. The novice/JV division will again use SCOP Novice, written by the Scholastic Community Outreach Program of Illinois. The middle school division will use NAQT MS-28 and therefore serve as a qualifier for the Middle School National Championship Tournament, set for May 10th through 12th at the Hyatt Regency O'Hare in Rosemont, Illinois.

Because MYST is a qualifier for MSNCT, freshmen/9th graders will not be allowed to play the middle school division. (A player's eligibility for MSNCT is exhausted upon the completion of a player's eighth grade year.)

L-Town Expatriate

The Outstate Missouri Academic Rendezvous will utilize NAQT IS-184A.

L-Town Expatriate

Louisiana High School will host the inaugural Scholastic Tournament Acclaiming the Recall of Knowledge (STARK) on January 12th, utilizing The Scottie set written by members of Glasgow (KY) High School's two-time SSNCT champion program.

This tournament replaces TWAIN on the competitive calendar. I extend my gratitude to Hannibal High School and their administration for hosting two years of phenomenal competition in America's Hometown, and I look forward to seeing the same take place near the new (and old) Champ Clark Bridge.

L-Town Expatriate

Central Methodist University in Fayette will serve as host of a varsity tournament November 17th, 2018. Additional details are being worked out.

This event will replace the Centralia Autumn Academic Tournament on the competitive calendar. My gratitude to Centralia R-VI Schools and the high school administration for hosting six years of competition for Mid-Missouri's top programs.

L-Town Expatriate

The second annual South Shelby Winter Invitational will take place January 5th, 2019 at South Shelby High School. The tournament is again aligned with the MOQBA Winter Invitational series and will use NAQT IS-180A. Also, a roster restriction will again be in place.