Looking for practice material?

Find thousands of free archived packets for practice and study from the Quizbowl Packet Archive!

Lakeland Winter Tourneament Jan 6

Tournament announcements, results, and discussion about specific tournaments.
knowbody

Lakeland Winter Tourneament Jan 6

Post by knowbody »

Lakeland High School will be hosting it’s 2nd annual Winter Quiz Bowl Tournament on Saturday January 6th, 2017. Registration will begin at 8:15 and first round starts at 9:00. We are located at 12530 Lakeland School drive. Just off of Highway 13, South of Deepwater, MO.

This will be a 20 tossup with bonus questions format, with no powers or negs. We will do pool play of five games in the morning, and then a two games within a new pool to determine who will advance to a final 4 playoff. Trophies and individual achievements will be awarded. Every team can expect at least 7 rounds of play. We should be done by 4:00. Lunch will be offered, or plan on bringing something. We have very limited food choices within 5 miles.

We are using NAQT set IS-171A this year. Please check and make sure you are not seeing this same set at any other tournaments you attend.

We are opening up the tournament to 12 teams, but we will consider expanding to 18 teams if we see more teams wanting to sign up and we get the manpower support we need. So please let me know if you can bring a reader or scorekeeper, as well as buzzers, with your team.

The price is $70 per team. Discounts are:
a functional buzzer system $5
an experienced scorekeeper $5
an experienced reader $10
Travel more than 100 miles one way $5
and each additional team from the same school $5.
Maximum $30 discount for any team.

Email me with this information to register and I will fill on first come first serve basis.
School/Team name:
Coach name:
Email contact:
Cell phone the day of the event:
And discounts:

I will reply to confirm if you are in the tournament. I will send out Invoices hopefully at least a month in advance.

Other questions or concerns please contact me.

Ted Hall
Tournament Director
Lakeland High School
tehall@lakeland.k12.mo.us
660-492-4864 Cell for day of tournament contact.

knowbody

Re: Lakeland Winter Tourneament Jan 6

Post by knowbody »

Update - As of 9/14 we have the following teams registered.
Conway A
Conway B
Eldarado Springs
Greenfield High School
Fort Osage A
Fort Osage B
Drexel
Adrian
Weaublaeu A
Weaublaeu B

knowbody

Re: Lakeland Winter Tourneament Jan 6

Post by knowbody »

Tournament is now full with 2 on waiting list. I would like to say I will go to 18 teams but readers is the concern. What does any experienced planner think?

Conway A
Conway B
Eldarado Springs
Greenfield High School
Fort Osage A
Fort Osage B
Drexel
Adrian
Weaublaeu A
Weaublaeu B
St Pius X - A
St Pius X - B