Looking for practice material?

Find thousands of free archived packets for practice and study from the Quizbowl Packet Archive!

Tuscumbia Winter Middle School Tournament - 1/18/14

Tournament announcements, results, and discussion about specific tournaments.
Jason Loy

Tuscumbia Winter Middle School Tournament - 1/18/14

Post by Jason Loy »

Hello coaches,

I am pleased to announce that Tuscumbia High School will be hosting an academic tournament for students in the 8th grade and below on January 18, 2014. We will have (at least) two divisions: one for 7th/8th grade teams from MSHSAA-affiliated schools and one for students in the sixth grade or below. If there is sufficient demand, we will consider opening a third division for 7th/8th grade teams from non-MSHSAA affiliated schools. The hard cap on team size is eight players; we request that you limit teams to six players so as to maximize playing time for all students. As of now, the field cap will be set at 18 teams for the 7th/8th grade division and at 12 teams for the 6th grade and under division. We will consider expanding the cap given sufficient interest and sufficient staff.

This tournament will use NAQT's MS-08 question set for all divisions. Games in the 7th/8th division(s) will consist of twenty ten-point tossups and up to twenty three-part, thirty-point rebounding bonuses. Games in the 6th grade and under division will consist of sixteen ten-point tossups and up to sixteen three-part, thirty point rebounding bonuses. I will slightly modify the questions for the latter division to make them more accessible for younger players.

Entry fees are as follows:

base fee (first team from each school): $55
second or subsequent teams: $50
travel discount (100 miles or more one way): -$5 per team
buzzer discount (must work for eight players; limit three discounts per school): -$5

To register, or if you have any questions whatsoever, please email me at jloy@tuscumbialions.k12.mo.us. I hope to see you in January!

Jason Loy

Re: Tuscumbia Winter Middle School Tournament - 1/18/14

Post by Jason Loy »

Tuscumbia Site

Field - 7th/8th (MSHSAA) (18 of 18)

Fatima - 2
Hallsville - 2
Holden - 2
Pilot Grove - 3
South Callaway
Tuscumbia - 2
Washington - 4
West Middle (Columbia) - 2

Field - 6th and under (12 of 12)

Holden - 1
Pilot Grove - 4
Tuscumbia - 3
West Middle - 2

Field - 7th/8th (non-MSHSAA) (3)

Immanuel Lutheran (Honey Creek) - 2
Trinity Lutheran (Jefferson City)

Camdenton site

7th/8th

Buffalo (2)
Camdenton (several)
Clever (2)
Fairview (2)
Slater

socalcaptain

Post by socalcaptain »

Well would you look at that! Very happy to see South Callaway continuing to attend some pyramidal tournaments!

Jason Loy

Post by Jason Loy »

We now have one spot left in the 7th/8th MSHSAA division and (at least) one in the 7th/8th non-MSHSAA division. Let me know if you're interested in either!

dwd50

Post by dwd50 »

We're set for a 4th, if you'll take us.

Jason Loy

Post by Jason Loy »

Washington D is now in the field. Thanks!