Looking for practice material?

Find thousands of free archived packets for practice and study from the Quizbowl Packet Archive!

College Decisions-Class of 2013

Discussion of quizbowl topics not related to specific tournaments
Mickey0R0urke

College Decisions-Class of 2013

Post by Mickey0R0urke »

Since it's about that time of year again, I figured we should have this thread up. I'm no moderator, but my recommendation is that everyone should state what school they are attending and whether they plan on playing quizbowl. I know that almost all of the collegiate folks on the board are going to be paying attention to this.

Mickey0R0urke

Re: College Decisions-Class of 2013

Post by Mickey0R0urke »

I'll get this party started by saying that Mason Herleth, Kirksville's captain, will be attending Wash U next year. I don't know if he wants to continue playing quizbowl, though.

khrum

Post by khrum »

I will let you know once I hear back from Moberly.

merv1618

Post by merv1618 »

khrum wrote:I will let you know once I hear back from Moberly.
You could take Moberly to a CCCT national title perhaps. Yet you also got accepted to Wash U. Hmmmmmm.....

Mickey0R0urke

Post by Mickey0R0urke »

David Mandell from Kirksville is going to SIU-Carbondale. No idea if he wants to continue playing.

KyleYehle

Post by KyleYehle »

I'm in fact attending Northwest. Not sure if I'll try to start up a quiz bowl team there, but the main reason for this message was that if you need help with staffing or anything on the weekends (I'm not a moderator by any stretch of the imagination), I can do scorekeeping/timekeeping/errand running if need be. I just don't want to leave the quiz bowl scene entirely.

Also, I have heard about these recent escapades of Ladue lately, congrats!

panthers787

Post by panthers787 »

I am also interested at starting a quiz bowl team at Northwest. If you want to get together in the Fall and qualify the parameters needed to create a team, let me know.

merv1618

Post by merv1618 »

panthers787 wrote:I am also interested at starting a quiz bowl team at Northwest. If you want to get together in the Fall and qualify the parameters needed to create a team, let me know.
I say do it if the interest is there. MO college QB needs a serious boost, outside of WUSTL, MU, Truman, and SEMO.

KyleYehle

Post by KyleYehle »

Hey Myles, not sure if you saw it or not, but I sent you a pm. Good to get in touch with you!