Looking for practice material?

Find thousands of free archived packets for practice and study from the Quizbowl Packet Archive!

Cuba/Mizzou

Tournament announcements, results, and discussion about specific tournaments.
DavidH

Cuba/Mizzou

Post by DavidH »

Just curious about the outcome of these two tournaments.

mujason

Cuba/Mizzou

Post by mujason »

Brief results: Eureka over Rock Bridge A.
Semifinalists were Helias and Rock Bridge B.
High Scorer: Arthur Lei.
More details later.

East Buc & UMR

Cuba/Mizzou

Post by East Buc & UMR »

My sources tell me WCA took both V and JV at Cuba

V. WCA over Richland 180-140
and JV WCA over Francis Howell 125-90

They only played half MSHSAA rounds

DavidH

Cuba/Mizzou

Post by DavidH »

How balanced was WCA's scoring? Is George a one man team or does he have a supporting cast?

East Buc & UMR

Cuba/Mizzou

Post by East Buc & UMR »

As paul put it keep in mind is from back woods cuba and is not to open to other cultures "WCA had this indian guy that was awesome" "You mean George" "Yeah that is his name"

Francesco Borromini

Cuba/Mizzou

Post by Francesco Borromini »

I dunno if he used the "that" intentionally, but I find that funny Bill. I'm kinda surprised that your informant didn't tell you about Andrew, who provided a healthy balance to the team. One man teams do not go anywhere.

But yes, we won Cuba but I'm not sure if the varsity score's exactly right. I'd have to check with team records which my coach kept.

East Buc & UMR

Cuba/Mizzou

Post by East Buc & UMR »

Pauls memory is going out on him in his old age

Ramza Goltana

Cuba/Mizzou

Post by Ramza Goltana »

Thampy, are you a conservative? I HATE CONSERVATIVES! espicially those neocons, telling the American people that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction and had been supporting Al Qeada when the UNSCOM and the CIA both said that wasn't the case. How they say Saddam gassed his own people, an event that happend in 1988, when Reagan was president, using weapons Reagan gave Saddam for the Iran-Iraq, in which Saddam killed over a million Iranians. When the UN security council tried to do something about both the Iran-Iraq war and the gassing of the Kurds, Reagan's government vetoed them both times. Then, immediatly after the Persian Gulf war, Saddam killed thousands of rebellious Marsh Arabs from the south of Iraq, they were rebelling because the Bush I's goverenment told them that they would have American military support, but it never came. They had to wait until Clinton initiated the no-fly zones to protect the Marsh Arabs and Kurds and contained Saddam, destroying the weapons of mass destruction and preventing their further development. But Bush II has decided that Saddam was an "immenent threat" when he wasn't, then tried to deny that he ever said Saddam was a threat. Whats even stupider, is that in Feb. of 2001 a bunch of Bush II administration officials, including Condy Rice, got up and said that Saddam Hussein and Iraq were never threats to the USA. That sure sounds like flip-flopping to me, I hate neocons.

Francesco Borromini

Cuba/Mizzou

Wait. What's going on? And who are you? And why would you think me to be a conservative? And is it possible to be conservative without being Republican?

DeckardCain

Cuba/Mizzou

Post by DeckardCain »

What the heck brought that up?

To answer your question, George: Yes, it is possible to be a conservative without being a Republican. It is not possible, however, to be a Republican without being a conservative.

East Buc & UMR

Cuba/Mizzou

Post by East Buc & UMR »

Haha-- I want to be a Liberal Republican

Ramza Goltana

Cuba/Mizzou

Post by Ramza Goltana »

Will newheart's a Log Cabin Republican.

Francesco Borromini

Cuba/Mizzou

I would really be more interested to see you answer the above questions in my post.

L-Town Expatriate
Location: Riding a Mule down the Katy Trail to the State Fair

Cuba/Mizzou

Post by L-Town Expatriate »

Francesco Borromini wrote:And is it possible to be conservative without being Republican?
Yes. That would be me.
LONG LIVE THE BULL MOOSE!