Looking for practice material?

Find thousands of free archived packets for practice and study from the Quizbowl Packet Archive!

Savannah Quiz Bowl Tournament

Tournament announcements, results, and discussion about specific tournaments.
DavidH

Post by DavidH »

Savannah's annual varsity quiz bowl tournament will be held this coming spring on March 19th. It would be great to see a good turnout this year. Our tourny has been known to provide excellent competition from across the Midwest. Just thought I'd get the word out early. Don't worry I'll remind you all later.

tcarroll

Post by tcarroll »

If you want to have your coach or whoever else contact Kirksville High School we might very well be interested... I don't know if Mrs. Collins can add a tournament or if we're scheduled already, but it would be great if we did.

L-Town Expatriate
Location: Riding a Mule down the Katy Trail to the State Fair

Post by L-Town Expatriate »

tcarroll wrote: If you want to have your coach or whoever else contact Kirksville High School we might very well be interested... I don't know if Mrs. Collins can add a tournament or if we're scheduled already, but it would be great if we did.
I agree Tim. You should attend Savannah.
(Any chance we can encourage you to drive to Liberty in January?)

East Buc & UMR

Post by East Buc & UMR »

Savannah was always my Fav

DavidH

Post by DavidH »

I'll tell Luce to contact your coach ASAP. Thanks for responding.

tcarroll

Post by tcarroll »

We might be interested in Liberty... I know I am, but I don't have to worry about a travel budget. The closest we've gotten to Kansas City in my time was Blue Springs freshman year, and that was for districts. But personally I think it would be great to get more tournaments in, especially against teams we'd see at state if we got to go again (which would be very nice). Anyway, if Liberty's looking for teams it wouldn't hurt to ask.

L-Town Expatriate

tcarroll wrote:But personally I think it would be great to get more tournaments in, especially against teams we'd see at state if we got to go again (which would be very nice).
I don't forsee any threats in your district. Then again, I don't know that many teams in your district (aside from BS & BSS) and if it'll change over the winter. Kirksville is the favorite to win their district.

JimmyL

Post by JimmyL »

hey david, are you guys playing in your own tournament?

East Buc & UMR

Post by East Buc & UMR »

Nope the never do, someone needs to run it. However it is a great tournament to go to. My senior year I think they has teams from 6 states. (MO, AR, NE, IA, SD, KS)

L-Town Expatriate

A couple schools from Oklahoma also come up.
Just for kicks, a team from Kentucky or South Carolina should fly up and give Missouri a taste of national calibre competition.

DavidH

Post by DavidH »

No, we don't play in it, but it is an excellent opportunity to see some great teams from places you likely will not see during your quiz bowl careers.

East Buc & UMR

Post by East Buc & UMR »

idk during my career i have seen several people and meet a jeopardy champ or two

Jeffrey Hill
Location: In between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown (aka Johnson County, KS)

Post by Jeffrey Hill »

We played a phenomenal team from Arkansas last year (Southside) in the championship... they do pull in a lot of teams from all around the midwest. No other tournament I've gone to has pulled in so many teams from other states. It is truly one of the best.

L-Town Expatriate

Then again, very few teams from Missouri go to Vanderbilt. They run a wonderful tournament down in Nashville.

Ramza Goltana

Post by Ramza Goltana »

I personally find the Savannah tournement to be dumb. I do not like the school, or the savannah team members. They are dumb too. They sound like Republicans. They are very dumb. If you dont like the truth, then rip your own ears off.

Jeffrey Hill
Location: In between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown (aka Johnson County, KS)

Post by Jeffrey Hill »

This isn't entirely related, but when did MACA announce that Luce received the Carol Farmer award?

Ramza Goltana

Post by Ramza Goltana »

MINI-KYLE HAS 260 POSTS! what a geekanerd. I'm gonna have to beat him now. I'll start with this: "All your bases are belong to us!"