Looking for practice material?

Find thousands of free archived packets for practice and study from the Quizbowl Packet Archive!

This year's NAQT SCT

Discuss collegiate quizbowl here!
socalcaptain

This year's NAQT SCT

Post by socalcaptain »

Just got an email from ACUI. Region 11 has not been able to find anyone to take over my position as Academic Quizbowl Coordinator and thus will not be hosting an SCT this upcoming year.

This, of course, doesn't mean that there won't be one in the region, just that it won't be sponsored by the region itself. If any schools in the region are interested in hosting, they should follow the normal bid procedures via NAQT when such information is released.

Mickey0R0urke

Re: This year's NAQT SCT

Post by Mickey0R0urke »

So I'll be the idiot who bites and asks: would any teams from our region qualify if it wasn't hosted by ACUI (or run by it is what I mean)?

socalcaptain

Post by socalcaptain »

Of course. The system operates exactly like before, except now with the ACUI-NAQT partnership, individual ACUI regions can actually host the SCT as a region, where any money made after NAQT is paid goes to the region instead of a school.

This year, ACUI doesn't have anyone to coordinate it in our region, so an individual school will host and then teams will get autobids, qualify for ICT, be placed on standby, etc., just like normal.

Charlie Dees

Post by Charlie Dees »

Yeah, this is how it's always been done, and last year we were the exception rather than the rule for SCT hosts. And because of autobids, there are potentially MORE teams that could get an ICT bid now.