Looking for practice material?

Find thousands of free archived packets for practice and study from the Quizbowl Packet Archive!

The Expat derails another thread (AKA March 26 Stuff)

Discussion of quizbowl topics not related to specific tournaments
L-Town Expatriate
Location: Riding a Mule down the Katy Trail to the State Fair

The Expat derails another thread (AKA March 26 Stuff)

Post by L-Town Expatriate »

Moderator note: split from here
ashkenaziCD wrote:Coach, it shouldn't be a real conflict. If you look at Truman's field last year, it was mostly teams from Jefferson City, Helias, Kirksville, and other parts of Northeast Missouri. Nobody from your drawing area really travels to Truman tournaments, so like the conflict with Lexington, I don't expect you will have any real problem filling your field, or if you do, it shouldn't be because of Truman.
We'll remember this when you become head coach of a team and Mizzou manages to host a tournament the same day you're running one.

Although, I do shoulder some blame for the "last Saturday in March" conflict. When I restarted Truman's tournament five years ago, I did pick this date.
Last edited by L-Town Expatriate on Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

Charlie Dees

Re: ALL 2010-2011 ANNOUNCED DATES

Post by Charlie Dees »

Kyle, that's idiotic. If I were a head coach running an event in a big city with lots of active teams and a tournament over 200 miles away that traditionally gets a very small, rather local field ran something the same day, I wouldn't care about it.

L-Town Expatriate

ashkenaziCD wrote:Kyle, that's idiotic. If I were a head coach running an event in a big city with lots of active teams and a tournament over 200 miles away that traditionally gets a very small, rather local field ran something the same day, I wouldn't care about it.
I'm sure it won't be a big deal. Oakville will be fine, as will Truman. But when you get to my age, you just might be pining for the days when you gave it "the old college try", and that naturally gets rekindled each time you visit your alma mater. What better time than when they're running a tournament in your chosen sport/activity?

If reminiscing about your alma mater is idiotic, well, I'll be a happy idiot.

OakvilleHSCoach

Post by OakvilleHSCoach »

I'm over it. But this is hilarious. :lol:

L-Town Expatriate

OakvilleHSCoach wrote:I'm over it. But this is hilarious. :lol:
*dons a jester cap and dances around the copy table in the old SUB media center, annoying the crap out of Sam & Collison, amongst others*

Apparently, it's what I did best down there. And here.
(ULS: thread could use a split)