Looking for practice material?

Find thousands of free archived packets for practice and study from the Quizbowl Packet Archive!

Kayne West: Now featured on the MACMB

Discussion of non-quizbowl topics
WillHack

Post by WillHack »

Yo MS&T, I'm really happy for you, imma let you finish, but Mizzou had one of the best quizbowl tournaments of all time. One of the best tournaments of ALL TIME!!!

Charbroil

Post by Charbroil »

Hmm...either Will's drunk, or his account's been hacked...interesting either way.

socalcaptain

Post by socalcaptain »

Charbroil wrote:Hmm...either Will's drunk, or his account's been hacked...interesting either way.
My theory:
Though I don't know which one, I suspect it's a parody of a movie or TV show line.

socalcaptain

Post by socalcaptain »

socalcaptain wrote:
Charbroil wrote:Hmm...either Will's drunk, or his account's been hacked...interesting either way.
My theory:
Though I don't know which one, I suspect it's a parody of a movie or TV show line.
Just occurred to me. It's what Kanye said from the VMAs.

DeckardCain

Post by DeckardCain »

Yo Will, I'm really happy for you and I'mma let you finish, but I had one of the best tournament announcement threads of all time. One of the best threads of ALL TIME!

Charlie Dees

Post by Charlie Dees »

Since Kanye was right, I'll go out on a limb and say that Will's right too and use this as an excuse to tell everyone to sign up for our tournaments.

mujason

Post by mujason »

Kanye was wrong and I hate him a lot. Taylor Swift is the most gifted singer/songwriter around today and her video actually told a story instead of just ripping off Bob Fosse.

Charlie Dees

Post by Charlie Dees »

I'd like to see Taylor Swift be able to dance that well. Pretending that it's not worth paying attention to because you think it rips off someone does not take away from the fact that actually having 3 people perform that video requires an extremely large amount of work, far more than Taylor Swift's frivolous sitting on a bed holding a sign that says "I love you" to a neighbor. To string together Taylor's video all one needs to do is film a best of-reel of a bunch of high school movie tropes, have minimal need for acting since it's sort of a montage and doesn't require any speaking, and lay the song down behind it.

WillHack

Post by WillHack »

There is no accounting for taste; which is to say, this argument is unsolvable.

ZhangC1459

Re: Kayne West: Now featured on the MACMB

Post by ZhangC1459 »

On the other hand, I definitely killed Kanye jokes at our school less than a week and a half after the VMA's.

On the other other hand, I successfully made Goodrich say one during class, resulting in a near-simultaneous facepalm and maniacal laughter from me.