Looking for practice material?

Find thousands of free archived packets for practice and study from the Quizbowl Packet Archive!

the NFL

Discussion of non-quizbowl topics
ELADAMO89

the NFL

Post by ELADAMO89 »

GO PACK
they've got the firtst round bye
all they need is the bags to go down again
and win out

Ford08

the NFL

Post by Ford08 »

This is true, Packers rock and Dallas lost so that means GB has a chance for the Super Bowl!

ELADAMO89

the NFL

Post by ELADAMO89 »

it's not a question
THE PACK WILL BEAT THE PATRIOTS IN THE SUPER BOWL
i don't care if everyone in the media thinks otherwise

FordATeam/CC

the NFL

Post by FordATeam/CC »

Don't know if it's a Fordland thing or what, but now that KC has no chance (what am I saying, they blew their chance several weeks ago) I have to say Green Bay All the Way!!!

On a side note, Herm seems to be catching a lot of flack from a few radio commentators (discussing the possibility of him not being around much longer). I know things are pretty bleak right now, but it's hard to get much out of a team that has a rookie quarterback that didn't start looking hopeful until the regular season, 3rd and 4th string runningbacks helping him out, an offensive line that has a lot of work ahead of it to reestablish the glory it formerly had, and a defense that is just on the field too much. Another year or two under their belts and a few key moves to fill in the holes and I believe the Chiefs will be back in the hunt.

Ford08

the NFL

Post by Ford08 »

I've been a Packer fan for life. I bleed Gold and Green and you are right adam Green Bay can't lose they will be the Patriots. Besides they have the greatest
QB to ever play the game on their side.

Also, I was really impressed with the chiefs head coach. He told it like it was at a press conference and the media didn't like it. I have quite a bit of respect for KC after that and they WILL be a force to recken with in the future.

ELADAMO89

the NFL

Post by ELADAMO89 »

i think brodie's still got some work ahead of him
if he can find a groove
he will be a great QB
but the pack still rocks

Ford08

the NFL

Post by Ford08 »

So Brady is the MVP thats no suprise but with all the pressure of going undefeated do you really think that they will be able to win the super bowl?

ELADAMO89

the NFL

Post by ELADAMO89 »

no
the pack is going to win it all
and thats that

Ford08

the NFL

Post by Ford08 »

so i pretty much want to vomit now..... Wow, veteran that throws it away....wow, im totally blown away...... terriable.......i am lost for words.......im going to go and cry.......

FordATeam/CC

the NFL

Post by FordATeam/CC »

I guess it's time to start rooting for the Giants. In actuality, if Green Bay didn't make it out of the NFC the Giants were the other team I was pulling for in the NFC side of the playoffs. They showed a lot in that "meaningless" game against the Patriots at the end of the regular season. Though so many wondered if they would rest their players for the playoff run, I was one of the fans that thought they needed to give everything in that game. I think it has payed off. Now they can go into the Super Bowl knowing that they have a legitimate chance to knock off New England.

It's kind of strange. In baseball I always root for Boston over "the Evil Empire", but in football I'm going to root the other way.

ELADAMO89

the NFL

Post by ELADAMO89 »

when brett threw the pidk in overtime
i turned off the tv immediately
i obviously made the right decision

L-Town Expatriate
Location: Riding a Mule down the Katy Trail to the State Fair

the NFL

Post by L-Town Expatriate »

FordATeam/CC wrote: It's kind of strange. In baseball I always root for Boston over "the Evil Empire", but in football I'm going to root the other way.
Screwy thing is...

If Yanks don't improve in the next five years, the Red Sox will be the evil empire.

:blink: (Provided that Rudy's "9-11 Florida 9-11 Jersey 9-11 9-11 9-11" campaigning strategy doesn't work.)

East Buc & UMR

the NFL

Post by East Buc & UMR »

All of Rudy's sentence have three parts. A noun, a Verb and 9-11.

Jeffrey Hill
Location: In between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown (aka Johnson County, KS)

the NFL

Post by Jeffrey Hill »

Best. Upset. Ever.

(or at least that I've seen)

DeckardCain

the NFL

Post by DeckardCain »

lol patriots

East Buc & UMR

the NFL

Post by East Buc & UMR »

Best ever was in SB 36.

FordATeam/CC

the NFL

Post by FordATeam/CC »

How about them GIANTS!!!

That was awesome! I sure am glad they didn't blow off that last regular season game. It looks like they learned a lot from it.

redliberte

the NFL

Post by redliberte »

DeckardCain wrote: lol patriots
ditto

scphilli

the NFL

Post by scphilli »

I don't know what's more surprising: the Giants win, or those incredibly racist ads by salesgenie. Was it really necessary that the pandas sound like Mickey Rooney in Breakfast at Tiffany's?

Charlie Dees

the NFL

Post by Charlie Dees »

The superbowl really sucked until the last quarter, when they started playing a few decent commercials and the upset happened.

NKCtrashman

the NFL

Post by NKCtrashman »

Plus. David Tyree's catch on his helmet may be the best in Super Bowl history.

WillHack

the NFL

Post by WillHack »

My pick: Steelers 23, Cardinals 14.

ajax

the NFL

Post by ajax »

Steelers: 35
Cardinals:24

Cardinals almost gave out in 4th quarter against Philly, thus Steelers will be able to pull out a win in the last half.

Fresh Prince of Bradleyville

the NFL

Post by Fresh Prince of Bradleyville »

The Analysis of The Last Ramsfan:

Prediction:
Cardinals 24
Steelers 21

Simply put, looking at the Steelers defense, compared to all the weapons the Cardinals have (Warner, Fitz, Boldin, Edge, Hightower, Patrick, Urban, Breaston, Pope, I hope I didn't miss anybody) Warner will be able to throw around the ball all day long, so long as the O Line holds out, and considering they did against that monster line of Carolina, Philly's D-Line barely, and that monster of a D-End for Atlanta, John Abraham, no doubt in my mind they can do it again against the Steelers defense. Not to mention, that Cards defense is playing pretty well, though they almost lost it against Philly, and Warner wants it more. Cards become this decade's St. Louis Rams, end of story.

ELADAMO89

the NFL

Post by ELADAMO89 »

i don't really care who wins it
the game gives me a reason to not do anything on the 2nd most fattening day of the year