Looking for practice material?

Find thousands of free archived packets for practice and study from the Quizbowl Packet Archive!

Finally!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion of non-quizbowl topics
East Buc & UMR

Finally!!!!!!!!!!

Post by East Buc & UMR »

Yesterday the voting populace of the East Buchanan school district finally voted to build a new high school.

The first time this was put on the ballot was in 1998 when I was sophomore and my senior year was set to be the first in the new school. Since then we had tried 2 times a year to pass the measure. Usually getting around 55% but since it was a bond issue we needed 57%.

The reason it was finally approved? The school board decided to drop the removal of the middle school from Easton (pop. of 236). The plan ever time before this was build a new HS, move the MS to the old HS and move 5th grade to the old HS building. The people in and around Easton would vote 8 to 1 against the new school, however this time it was only 3 to 1 against. The problem now is we need a new MS building (even older than the now old HS building).

When I started High School 2 of the 7 schools in the KCI conference had new schools. By the time I left it was up to 4 of 7 yesterday it was 6 of 7 and today it is finally 7 of 7.

The new school will be opened by Christmas 2008 just in time for my eldest Nephew to spend 3.5 years in the new building.

L-Town Expatriate
Location: Riding a Mule down the Katy Trail to the State Fair

Finally!!!!!!!!!!

Post by L-Town Expatriate »

What's to stop the school board from moving the middle schoolers into the old HS anyway? They can still do this by the board's simple majority, couldn't they?

East Buc & UMR

Finally!!!!!!!!!!

Post by East Buc & UMR »

half the board comes from the Easton side of the SD