Looking for practice material?

Find thousands of free archived packets for practice and study from the Quizbowl Packet Archive!

Discussion of non-quizbowl topics
ecks

Post by ecks »

Is there a way to change the boards a bit so that new posts are clearly marked? The "view new posts" button never works for me... I'm not sure if it does for anyone else.

It's just kind of a hassle trying to figure out what the last post you read was.

Just a thought.

edit: of course, as soon as I post this, the "view new posts" button works again. Thank you, murphy's law.

Still, some kind of icon or something to unread posts would still be nice.

Jeffrey Hill
Location: In between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown (aka Johnson County, KS)

Post by Jeffrey Hill »

Any board with new posts should have a dark AC logo. The way InvisionBoard works is it will set the forum as completely read once you go to the topic list once every post has been read. If you read every topic and go back to the forum list without viewing the forum topic list first it won't register as all read.

New posts should have a darker envelope (Image instead of Image) next to them with the "go to first unread post" down arrow (Image).

Any kind of search function (which includes View New Posts) is very iffy on InvisionFree

AShoaib

Post by AShoaib »

Is Simple Machines Forum (SMF) any good? I've heard good things about it, and if anyone wants to make another forum for anything may want to use it.

ecks

Post by ecks »

ScoBo1987 wrote: Any board with new posts should have a dark AC logo. The way InvisionBoard works is it will set the forum as completely read once you go to the topic list once every post has been read. If you read every topic and go back to the forum list without viewing the forum topic list first it won't register as all read.

New posts should have a darker envelope (Image instead of Image) next to them with the "go to first unread post" down arrow (Image).

Any kind of search function (which includes View New Posts) is very iffy on InvisionFree
I was talking more within the thread itself, not in the topic view.

Jeffrey Hill
Location: In between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown (aka Johnson County, KS)

Post by Jeffrey Hill »

ecks wrote: I was talking more within the thread itself, not in the topic view.
No there really isn't, although if you click the down arrow next to the thread title it should go to the first unread post. I don't think InvisionBoard (at least this version) has that capability. I'm sure if it were capable of doing that it would be on by default.

ecks

Post by ecks »

ScoBo1987 wrote:
ecks wrote: I was talking more within the thread itself, not in the topic view.
No there really isn't, although if you click the down arrow next to the thread title it should go to the first unread post. I don't think InvisionBoard (at least this version) has that capability. I'm sure if it were capable of doing that it would be on by default.
Sad. I guess I'm just spoiled by phpBB.