Looking for practice material?

Find thousands of free archived packets for practice and study from the Quizbowl Packet Archive!

Board time off

Discussion of non-quizbowl topics
East Buc & UMR

Board time off

Post by East Buc & UMR »

Right now it should be 9:24am but the board is 8-9 minutes slower? Anyone else getting this?

East Buc & UMR

Board time off

Post by East Buc & UMR »

Or 6 minutes for this post

DeckardCain

Board time off

Post by DeckardCain »

Yeah, I noticed that too.

Jeffrey Hill
Location: In between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown (aka Johnson County, KS)

Board time off

Post by Jeffrey Hill »

My computer clock says 10:51 at this moment and I think even it might be a minute or two behind

East Buc & UMR

Board time off

Post by East Buc & UMR »

well our servers run fairly close to real time and both my cell phones have the time +6 from the board

Jeffrey Hill
Location: In between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown (aka Johnson County, KS)

Board time off

Post by Jeffrey Hill »

Now my clock says 11:11:11. I think I got it to synchronize with a server finally - seemed that it wouldn't synchronize until I set the server to the UMR one, and once that worked I tried time.nist.gov again and it seems to synchronize with that now. My laptop won't synchronize with nist.gov or windows.com - wonder if IT has blocked off-campus servers

--edit--
My laptop will synchronize with the UMR server but not the others.
I'm also surprised that the Mac doesn't say anywhere whether or not time was successfully synchronized. Oh no, a minor user interface flaw. Guess I'd better switch back to Windows because it's clearly better.

--edit again--
This computer will not synchronize with anything but the UMR server as well. IT sucks