Looking for practice material?

Find thousands of free archived packets for practice and study from the Quizbowl Packet Archive!

Missouri University of Science and Technology?!!??

Discussion of non-quizbowl topics
Jeffrey Hill
Location: In between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown (aka Johnson County, KS)

Post by Jeffrey Hill »

Of all the proposed names, why must they choose one that can be abbreviated to MUST? Who wants to go to a school called MUST?

You just have to love how the survey questions they're using to back this up were along the lines of "Would a different name better describe the university?" and "Which name best describes the university?" That's not the same question as asking "do you think the school should change its name?"

Oh and how does Missouri University of Science and Technology reduce confusion with MU?

DeckardCain

Post by DeckardCain »

It's slightly better than MUSE. I was pulling for "Carney Institute of Technology" myself.

This is an extremely dumb idea, yeah. I'm sure the nation's brightest kids will, all of a sudden, jump at the opportunity to move to the happenin' town of Rolla over cities like Boston and LA, to attend a school called MUST.

Jeff, did you recognize the voice on the KMNR recording?

Jeffrey Hill
Location: In between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown (aka Johnson County, KS)

Post by Jeffrey Hill »

I hadn't listened to it before but it's the ACO's very own Andrew Max Tohline

jcarkeys

Post by jcarkeys »

uhh? why can't regular users delete their own posts?