Looking for practice material?

Find thousands of free archived packets for practice and study from the Quizbowl Packet Archive!

Someone please help

Discussion of non-quizbowl topics
Baron Samedi

Someone please help

Post by Baron Samedi »

Okay here's my problem:

I made a friend at Philmont named William he goes to Ozark and I forgot to get his email, IM, or even a last name, as luck would have it I saw him at the Richland tournament and he wrote down his info for me. Trouble is I can't read any of the important info to contact him that he wrote down, so if anybody here knows who I am talking about and can help please do so. I figure either he will see this, or someone else maybe could help here on the forum.

S.C.Mitchell07

Someone please help

Post by S.C.Mitchell07 »

Scan it and see if anyone can decipher the writing. It hasn't happened yet, but I'm gonna need somebody to read my cursive script since I can neither read nor write it.

ryan

Someone please help

Post by ryan »

I'll get his e-mail tomorrow.

Baron Samedi

Someone please help

Post by Baron Samedi »

I'll try the address before I scan it

jonpin

Someone please help

Post by jonpin »

I don't know if you're on it, but Facebook produces two William's at Ozark High: Rusty William Forrest and Will Gibbons, both class of '08. Do either of those names look like what's on the sheet?

ryan

Someone please help

Post by ryan »

It's William Keith he wasn't at practice yesterday but I'll get his info today.

ryan

Someone please help

Post by ryan »

He said his E-mail was [removed to reduce spambot risk since Baron Samedi has it now]

East Buc & UMR

Someone please help

Post by East Buc & UMR »

Lets all spam it

Charlie Dees

Someone please help

Post by Charlie Dees »

For future reference, its really a better idea to private message an email address than to post it here.

Baron Samedi

Someone please help

Post by Baron Samedi »

Thanks for the help, the reason I didn't respond to this hardly is because I am just very forgetful.

AShoaib

Someone please help

Post by AShoaib »

ashkenaziCD wrote: For future reference, its really a better idea to private message an email address than to post it here.
Quite true, with email scanbots abound, even if a person doesn't spam the account, a program may.

Jeffrey Hill
Location: In between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown (aka Johnson County, KS)

Someone please help

Post by Jeffrey Hill »

Yeah, I hate spambots. I only got the occasional "URBAN LOTTERY WINNER" messages until I posted my UMR e-mail address as webmaster of the ACO site and I definitely get more spam now. It seems to have gone down though after a few tweaks I've made. Sure doesn't compare to how much spam the ACO account gets (25-50+ messages a day). I think I've modified the site to where every page's "e-mail" link goes to an e-mail page that shows Matt's e-mail address instead of cbowl

Baron Samedi

Someone please help

Post by Baron Samedi »

Huzzah! The address worked thanks to ryan and the awesomeness that is the internet!

:D