Looking for practice material?

Find thousands of free archived packets for practice and study from the Quizbowl Packet Archive!

Ok who stayed up

Discussion of non-quizbowl topics
East Buc & UMR

Ok who stayed up

Post by East Buc & UMR »

And watched the OU- Boise St. game?

KentB

Ok who stayed up

Post by KentB »

i stayed up and watched soylent green .... i forgot all about that game even though i wanted to watch it ... too bad i forgot about it

East Buc & UMR

Ok who stayed up

Post by East Buc & UMR »

Very bad indeed

ryan

Ok who stayed up

Post by ryan »

Those last few minutes were pretty intense. I almost forgot to watch the game but I tuned in for the 4th quarter. It's probably for the best I usually don't have the attention span to watch a 4 hour game unfortunatly

:(

East Buc & UMR

Ok who stayed up

Post by East Buc & UMR »

Well it wasn't a point for me to watch the whole game... but it was on. I do try to watch ending of most televised games (football, basketball). I did see most of the first half and caught the 4th quarter. Lydia was telling me to turn it off after the pick six, haha.

STPickrell

Ok who stayed up

Post by STPickrell »

With six minutes left Rebecca told me "Come upstairs and watch it with me." So I saw the pick six and thought, !@#$ Boise State blew it.

If Ohio State loses and Florida doesn't look good in winning, I would cast my #1 vote for Boise State.

dirtybird06

Ok who stayed up

Post by dirtybird06 »

East Buc & UMR wrote: And watched the OU- Boise St. game?
Dude, the end of that game was AMAZING!

*my deepest condolences to Bertoldie, if he reads this*
It's like the saying goes: "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." OU's defense got fooled twice when it mattered the most.

And the proposal at the end of the game was a nice touch. The guy just won a BCS game for his team.....she would have looked BAD saying no.

STPickrell

Ok who stayed up

Post by STPickrell »

dirtybird06 wrote: And the proposal at the end of the game was a nice touch. The guy just won a BCS game for his team.....she would have looked BAD saying no.
What usually happens if the woman has no intention of marrying the guy (or is honestly not sure about it and decides later not to) is the engagement is quietly broken after the Big Public Proposal.

I think I've read once or twice where the woman does say "no" to a Big Public Proposal. I'm not sure if the woman was just a cold cruel one or if the guy was "rushing" into things and trying to put the woman on the spot (this is also bad.)

Two final points:
(1) If she is consistently rude to waiters and other people she doesn't have to be nice to then you will be on the receiving end of that as soon as you become inconvenient or "unhelpful." Come to think of it this applies to women too.

(2) If she insists on a Big Ring that breaks your current budget this will not stop once you are married.

LibertyMarie

Ok who stayed up

Post by LibertyMarie »

What?

STPickrell

Ok who stayed up

Post by STPickrell »

LibertyMarie wrote: What?
The running back for BSU that scored the winning points asked his girlfriend (who is a BSU cheerleader) to marry him. I offered my opinion on public proposals and marriage in general. If there are any parts you need clarification on please ask.

LibertyMarie

Ok who stayed up

Post by LibertyMarie »

STPickrell wrote: The running back for BSU that scored the winning points asked his girlfriend (who is a BSU cheerleader) to marry him.
Oh ok, I was just having trouble seeing where all that had come from.

big public proposals=baaaad, girls get trapped into saying yes.

East Buc & UMR

Ok who stayed up

Post by East Buc & UMR »

You didn't say yes when I proposed in a public place

:(

LibertyMarie

Ok who stayed up

Post by LibertyMarie »

???

East Buc & UMR

Ok who stayed up

Post by East Buc & UMR »

you already forgot :tear:

LibertyMarie

Ok who stayed up

Post by LibertyMarie »

yeah, it was a meaningful experience for me.
love to stay and chat, but i've already got a sub job lined up for tomorrow so i'm going to bed. later dawgs.

FordATeam/CC

Ok who stayed up

Post by FordATeam/CC »

dirtybird06 wrote:
Dude, the end of that game was AMAZING!

*my deepest condolences to Bertoldie, if he reads this*
It's like the saying goes: "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me." OU's defense got fooled twice when it mattered the most.
Thanks Justin.

How many times can a fans heart get ripped out. I'm still suffering from getting the Oregon game STOLEN from us by the blind Pac 10 officiating crew (I wonder how much the Oregon boosters paid them and if it covered their losses from the suspension). I still can't believe we finally fought back and got the lead only to have it taken away by three trick plays.

Despite being on the losing end, that had to be the best game of the season. Kudos to an awesome Boise State team that also never gave up. I don't think they would win a national championship, but they do deserve a shot (probably more of one than even Florida deserves). I may eat my words, but I don't see Florida giving Ohio State much of a challenge. But then again, stranger things have happened.

East Buc & UMR

Ok who stayed up

Post by East Buc & UMR »

Anyone else catch the Fiesta bowl was being reffed by Pac-10 guys

DeckardCain

Ok who stayed up

Post by DeckardCain »

I did. Amazing game, and an argument for a playoff in D1 if ever there was one.

dirtybird06

Ok who stayed up

Post by dirtybird06 »

FordATeam/CC wrote: I don't think they would win a national championship, but they do deserve a shot (probably more of one than even Florida deserves). I may eat my words, but I don't see Florida giving Ohio State much of a challenge.
Start chewing.

Florida has pretty much yelled out why they should have been in the national championship.

FordATeam/CC

Ok who stayed up

Post by FordATeam/CC »

Yep. I think I'm going to stop picking teams this year. Every time something looks obvious lately things get turned upside down. I guess Florida is the one that left no doubt who the champ is.

DeckardCain

Ok who stayed up

Post by DeckardCain »

I want to give props to Greg Archuleta of the Albuquerque Journal, for voting Boise State #1 in the final AP poll.

STPickrell

Ok who stayed up

Post by STPickrell »

DeckardCain wrote: I want to give props to Greg Archuleta of the Albuquerque Journal, for voting Boise State #1 in the final AP poll.
Boise State got shafted in the final AP poll. #5 behind two loss OSU and LSU?