Looking for practice material?

Find thousands of free archived packets for practice and study from the Quizbowl Packet Archive!

Daylight Savings Time ENDS

Discussion of non-quizbowl topics
Jeffrey Hill
Location: In between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown (aka Johnson County, KS)

Post by Jeffrey Hill »

This is a reminder that since daylight savings time ended on Sunday, you may want to adjust board settings to show the proper time on posts.

--Go to the Board Settings page in "My Controls", uncheck the Daylight Savings Time box, then click the update button.

A reminder, or if you are unaware of this, the Energy Policy Act of 2005 has changed the way DST will be observed in the near future. It will now start on the second Sunday in March [March 11, 2007] and end on the first Sunday in November [November 4, 2007]. The act does require that the effects be reviewed and gives Congress the power to change it back if it doesn't increase energy savings or if the public hates it (Wiki).

Hope everybody enjoyed that extra hour... I sure enjoyed the extra hour of question writing time!

DeckardCain

Post by DeckardCain »

ScoBo1987 wrote: I sure enjoyed the extra hour of question writing time!
I detect a hint of sarcasm.

Jeffrey Hill
Location: In between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown (aka Johnson County, KS)

Post by Jeffrey Hill »

DeckardCain wrote:
ScoBo1987 wrote: I sure enjoyed the extra hour of question writing time!
I detect a hint of sarcasm.
Well, not really; that extra hour actually helped me get more questions done

East Buc & UMR

Post by East Buc & UMR »

haha why were you up at 1am writing questions?

libertymark

Post by libertymark »

i think my roommate went to class an hour early

Jeffrey Hill

Post by Jeffrey Hill »

Well, it's that time of year again:

--Go to the Board Settings page in "My Controls", uncheck the Daylight Savings Time box, then click the update button.

This post was made at 8:42 AM CST

Would have been nice to have the old rules in effect... when it would have ended while I was HOME last weekend. The extra hour doesn't really do much for me here.

Jeffrey Hill

Post by Jeffrey Hill »

Yep, it's that time again.

User settings page, uncheck daylight saving time box.

This post was made around 1:33 AM CST.

On Zetaboards you can check the current time at the bottom-right of the page and click it to go to the settings page.

<div class="editby">Edited by <a href='http://s4.zetaboards.com/Academic_Compe ... /88961/'>U. Lou Sthagaim</a>, Nov 2 2008, 01:33:56 AM.</div>