Looking for practice material?

Find thousands of free archived packets for practice and study from the Quizbowl Packet Archive!

Rankings (4/5/04)

Discussion of quizbowl topics not related to specific tournaments
missouriacademic

Rankings (4/5/04)

Post by missouriacademic »

Haven't got around to updating these on the web site yet. Again, let me know what you all think.

Class 1

1. Thomas Jefferson (Joplin)

2. Mound City

3. St. Joseph Christian

4. Lutheran (Kansas City)

5. Bell City

6. North Shelby

7. Pilot Grove

8. King City

9. Koshkonong

10. Stanberry

Class 2

1. Richland

2. Viburnum

3. South Shelby

4. Bernie

5. Purdy

6. Belle

7. McAuley

8. Adrian

9. Elsberry

10. Alton

Class 3

1. Savannah

2. Westminster Christian

3. Priory

4. Ava

5. Ste. Genevieve

6. Bolivar

7. Lexington

8. Seymour

9. Warsaw

10. El Dorado Springs

Class 4

1. Liberty

2. North Kansas City

3. Eureka

4. Webb City

5. Parkway Central

6. Nixa

7. Cape Central

8. St. Louis University High

9. Jefferson City

10. Hannibal

wca

Rankings (4/5/04)

Post by wca »

Lexington is ranked a little high. I know for a fact that Westminster Christian's JV has beaten their varsity. Also, Elsberry is similar. To even rank them in the top 10 is pretty shaky. From what I have seen, they are not very good. Also, you may want to include Pacific in class (4?). They are a pretty good team, and certainly play more than SLUH. Perhaps Jeff City could be ranked higher. Depending on the day, and the Priory roster, Ava is probably a better team than Priory. Finally, just to let people know, watch out for Ladue. This is their first year and they are very good. If they get a few more tournaments under their belt, they will be a tough team to beat. Keep an eye out for them if they play in MSHSAA tournaments next year.

tjeffschool

Rankings (4/5/04)

Post by tjeffschool »

Koshkonong should not be in the rankings as they are having a down year.

St. Joseph Christian was really successful because of their senior captain at the state tournament last year. Without him, I am not sure they should be ranked as high.

McAuley beat Purdy 300-230 in our conference tournament, so they should leap-frog them in class 2. Interestingly, Purdy, McAuley, College Heights and Jasper are all in the same district and Jasper may be the team to beat. Jasper won the Lockwook invitational a few weeks ago.

DeckardCain

Rankings (4/5/04)

Post by DeckardCain »

I play for Viburnum and I agree for now with our ranking of 2nd even though we have beaten Richland this year - we beat them by 95 in the finals of the Salem tourney but they beat us by 65 in the morning rounds and by about the same amount at Nixa. We also beat Ava in class 3. We haven't seen many good class 2 teams this year - Belle is decent but they aren't any better than last year's team which got 4th at state. We played Elsberry once and demolished them. In class 4, Willard has a pretty good team as well. And I believe Seymour is Class 2, not 3 - not for sure though. Lexington is not that good, we almost beat them at Cuba without our leading scorer. Another decent Class 4 team is Mexico.

East Buc & UMR

Rankings (4/5/04)

Post by East Buc & UMR »

Deckard you look familar ;), also i think ST joe christian is ranked right. At lexington there lowest scoring game in the morning was 400ish, Kosh is having a down year, but they will make it to state because of the weak district. And deckard if you missed it on Mosports e-mail me at cbowl@umr.edu

el_guapo

Rankings (4/5/04)

Post by el_guapo »

Does anyone know if savannah has been beaten this year, and if so, by whom?

missouriacademic

Rankings (4/5/04)

Post by missouriacademic »

I know that Savannah was defeated by Liberty in the Lexington Tournament finals, but that's the only loss I know of.

You are absolutely right DeckardCain, I checked and Seymour is in class 2. I don't know what made me think they were class 3, but that will change in the new rankings (which will come out Monday).

Thanks for your comments, it looks like I will need some new teams to replace the old teams that you say should be taken off. Anyone know of any teams that deserve to be ranked?

Jimmy

Rankings (4/5/04)

Post by Jimmy »

Wow, Liberty beat Savannah??
I know that Liberty lost some great seniors from last year (i.e. Kyle Hill), but I didn't know they were still that good. At Cuba, Savannah was incredible.
How has Liberty been doing this year? Who have they lost to?

Oh btw, Savannah lost in the Mizzou tournament in November. Rock Bridge won that tournament. I'm not quite sure what team beat Savannah exactly, it may have been either Rock Bridge or Eureka.

George

Rankings (4/5/04)

Post by George »

Yeah, Liberty beat Savannah by 120 points at Lexington. Seems like Liberty has several solid players despite losing their ace from last year.

Jimmy

Rankings (4/5/04)

Post by Jimmy »

oh man, this is not good news for us. 120 points???? That is crazy.
How did we beat Liberty on the KMO? I guess that's not exactly a great measure of quiz bowl skills.

Rankings (4/5/04)

Post by Guest »

perhaps the reason Liberty has fared so well is because they have yet to face the might of the St. Louis teams.

Chris Ottolino left - but the school still stands.

Constable Locke

Rankings (4/5/04)

Post by Constable Locke »

Boy, that's a challenge if I ever heard one...

:)

Rankings (4/5/04)

Post by Guest »

okay okay, to save myself embarassment in case we lose -
i am completely kidding. we aren't all that great. i'm being cocky just for the sake of being funny and cocky. Personally, i am not that great. Our team does okay but we don't win everytime, and when we win it isn't usually by a huge margin.

I'm kidding around -

PLEASE NO ONE TAKE ME SERIOUSLY!