Looking for practice material?

Find thousands of free archived packets for practice and study from the Quizbowl Packet Archive!

DISCO @ The University of Missouri - August 9th, 2014

Discuss collegiate quizbowl here!
khrum

DISCO @ The University of Missouri - August 9th, 2014

Post by khrum »

Hello gentlemen,

I'm pleased to announce a rather last-minute event: the University of Missouri Quizbowl Club will be hosting a mirror of the DISCO set, written by Texas students, this coming Saturday, August 9th. Details about the set, described as slightly below regular difficulty, can be found here.

For the time being, I'm setting the field cap at four teams (based off of the interest I've unofficially received for the event). If, however, we receive enough interest to field two more teams, then I'll consider expanding the field to six teams (staffers permitting).

FEE:

The price to play this event is $15 per player.

Tentative; for now, plan on meeting at McAlaster Hall. I would like for the tournament to start no later than 9:15; registration will begin at 8:30. If the location changes between now and then, I'll both update this thread and email the participating players with the updated information.

TEAM FORMATION:

Please form teams on this spreadsheet. To register, please email me at itamar_naveh_benjamin@yahoo.com.

SIDE EVENTS:

If enough people are interested, we will host a side event after the main tournament. The options include a trash event (DUST or the Ohio trash set), an audio event (Imaginary Landscape #2), and a... different event (Tricontakaipentagon). As soon as I have the headcount for the main event, I'll send out a poll asking which, if any, events people are interested in.

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me either by email or by Facebook. I look forward to seeing you in a few days!

- Itamar

khrum

Re: DISCO @ The University of Missouri - August 9th, 2014

Post by khrum »

This happened. A team consisting of Jared Lockwood, Jason Loy and Alex Dzurick defeated Ben Zhang and Jacob O'Rourke in the first game of an advantaged final to win the tournament. Stats can be found here.

I believe most of the top scorers received their prizes; I do still have the neg prize to give out, as the recipient left early.