Server upgrade complete!

Welcome to the upgraded server! If you notice anything wrong with the board, please let Jeffrey know!Free packets for study/practiceAnnounced tournament dates

ICT in St. Louis

Discuss collegiate quizbowl here!
Charlie Dees

ICT in St. Louis

Post by Charlie Dees » Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:17 pm

R. Robert Hentzel wrote:NAQT is pleased to announce that its 2008 Intercollegiate Championship Tournament (ICT) will be held April 11-12 (Friday/Saturday) at Washington University in St. Louis.

This will be the third time that WUSTL has hosted the tournament; we are looking forward to another great event.

Tentative scheduling information is available on NAQT's website:

http://www.naqt.com/ict/2008/details.html

And more comprehensive information (hotels, parking, etc.) will be available soon.

If you have questions about qualifying or attending the ICT, please don't hesitate to contact us at naqt@naqt.com.

L-Town Expatriate
Location: Riding a Mule down the Katy Trail to the State Fair

ICT in St. Louis

Post by L-Town Expatriate » Wed Jan 02, 2008 7:11 pm

For those of you driving there:

Don't take 40. It's closed.

You may now punch the mascot holding the Road Closed sign:

Jeffrey Hill
Location: In between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown (aka Johnson County, KS)

ICT in St. Louis

Post by Jeffrey Hill » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:01 pm

So we were playing a few rounds from 2006 today... in the round I read, there was a question that, of the 65 words, 14 were one of four character names (I think 6 of the 14 comprised the bulk of one sentence). It was by far the most ridiculous plot summary question I had ever seen/heard/read. (As ridiculous as the question was, I was surprised that ONLY 14 of the words were character names.)

Charlie Dees

ICT in St. Louis

Post by Charlie Dees » Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:19 pm

NAQT can be quite bizarre sometimes, no doubt about it.