Looking for practice material?

Find thousands of free archived packets for practice and study from the Quizbowl Packet Archive!

CBI increasing prices

Discuss collegiate quizbowl here!
DeckardCain

CBI increasing prices

Post by DeckardCain »

Not like they were expensive enough already or anything.
Price increase alert: After 10 years without an increase in the base price of game packets, we must increase prices. This increase is necessary to maintain the quality of our product and is due to several factors:

1. Supplier price increases
  2. Inflation affecting operating and staffing costs
  3. Credit and procurement card processing fees

To stabilize our costs, we have instituted two important changes in game packet and other product pricing:

1. We now offer game packets in bundles -- 10, 15, or 20 game packets. These are the most frequently ordered numbers of packets, accounting for 85% of all orders.
  2. We will now charge shipping and handling on all reprints, promotional merchandise, and equipment orders (game packets ordered without reprints incur no shipping charges).

Jeffrey Hill
Location: In between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown (aka Johnson County, KS)

CBI increasing prices

Post by Jeffrey Hill »

They forgot reason 4: Increase in schools no longer buying their crap

KentB

CBI increasing prices

Post by KentB »

I am tempted to advocate the the money we would spend on CBI be used to help us develop a more lasting organization (i.e. giving us more money to go to tournies).

However, it is still a free trip for us so I can't complain too much.

scphilli

CBI increasing prices

Post by scphilli »

I really don't see a difference in the prices unless you were buying reprints and all the other crap. By the way, you know how they really cut down on the cost of "staffing"? Eliminate a lot of the useless positions in the games.