Looking for practice material?

Find thousands of free archived packets for practice and study from the Quizbowl Packet Archive!

Truman Capote

Discuss collegiate quizbowl here!
DeckardCain

Truman Capote

Post by DeckardCain »

1. Truman B
2. UMR A
3. UMR B
4. Truman A

Highlights of this tournament include myself giving what is probably the worst neg of all time, and Seth Stanley's "buzzer throw."

East Buc & UMR

Truman Capote

Post by East Buc & UMR »

neg better than instead of Henry's law I give the Bends.

Jeffrey Hill
Location: In between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown (aka Johnson County, KS)

Truman Capote

Post by Jeffrey Hill »

DeckardCain wrote: Highlights of this tournament include myself giving what is probably the worst neg of all time, and Seth Stanley's "buzzer throw."
They were great... other than that not really any highlights for us... we played horribly

You should have seen our lack of focus when a question in our second to last game started out "This phylum..."

I think I had 2 negs - both were geographical locations a little west of the correct answer (Ontario for Quebec and Warsaw for Kiev)

Oh, and another high point:

DeckardCain

Truman Capote

Post by DeckardCain »

I had fun overall, but the lack of any seriousness killed us, you and me in particular. We played much better in the playoffs, I thought.

Ode to Joy is not a Mozart work (this wasn't an actual answer, but funny nonetheless).

I never did find my pen.

Jeffrey Hill
Location: In between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown (aka Johnson County, KS)

Truman Capote

Post by Jeffrey Hill »

Yeah we definitely did. We kept that last game against Truman B pretty close the whole time. Still plenty of questions I had a fairly good idea on but I waited on them... not so much in the later games though

East Buc & UMR

Truman Capote

Post by East Buc & UMR »

You know J-Live and I set this up back in the day to be fun and not serious right?

DeckardCain

Truman Capote

Post by DeckardCain »

I don't think those two terms are mutually exclusive, but yeah, I'm fully aware of that.

Jeffrey Hill

Truman Capote

Post by Jeffrey Hill »

Yes that's why I didn't care too much.

libertymark

Truman Capote

Post by libertymark »

DeckardCain wrote: Ode to Joy is not a Mozart work (this wasn't an actual answer, but funny nonetheless).
i thought it was joy to ode

L-Town Expatriate
Location: Riding a Mule down the Katy Trail to the State Fair

Truman Capote

Post by L-Town Expatriate »

East Buc & UMR wrote: You know J-Live and I set this up back in the day to be fun and not serious right?
Yeah, but then I came and frakked things up, remember?

A good thing I stuck with helping broadcast a Truman Football win (they're not as rare as they were in previous years) over the airwaves and online.