Looking for practice material?

Find thousands of free archived packets for practice and study from the Quizbowl Packet Archive!

mac 4eva

Discussion of non-quizbowl topics
Jeffrey Hill
Location: In between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown (aka Johnson County, KS)

mac 4eva

Post by Jeffrey Hill »

Most backup software should be intelligent enough to know if something's already been backed up.

I've never really ever used any backup software besides an occasional manual backup I've done myself, so I don't really know about what backup solutions there are at the moment. Time Machine sounds like it would work pretty well, it would be easy to restore backup copies, and it's tightly integrated into OS X, but of course you'd have to upgrade to Leopard.

If you have backed up the drive and your music is on the external, then it should be OK to delete it off your laptop drive. Is the program just copying files to the hard drive (like, you can get to all of your music files as if they were on your internal drive) or does it put all the data in some special .bak file or whatever the Mac equivalent might be? Of course, if you delete it off your hard drive you must have the external connected and on to be able to listen to it.

East Buc & UMR

mac 4eva

Post by East Buc & UMR »

We use netbackup work while not free it does work