Team Missouri A finishes sixth in all-star tournament!
Congratulations to Team Missouri A for earning sixth place out of twenty-nine teams in the 2018 National All-Star Academic Tournament! Team Missouri B finished in nineteenth place.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:31 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 217 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Harry Potter, major spoilers probably 

Post Harry Potter, major spoilers probably
and i am somewhat annoyed that she didn't kill one of the big three. i mean, i really didn't THINK she would. but still. i was expecting a LITTLE more, um...emotion, maybe? i only hardcore cried when harry used the second brother's Hallow--and that's just a repeat of the part in GOF that gets me every time as well.

the travels of the big 3 reminded me a lot of star wars. i mean, i guess just a girl haning out with two guys, and the one who loves her is jealous of the one who's her brother (more or less)...meh.

harry post-talking-to-dumbledore reminded me a LOT of neo at the end of the matrix...lol. just being all invincible and all-knowing and bad-A and also kind of goofy.

(i posted more on the previous page, for those of you who care and hadn't seen...)

p.s. my new favorite spell: "erecto!"

Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:18 pm

love your avie... i must say though, i was particularly pleased with the redemption of severus. i knew he'd have to snuff it, but the lily stuff was a nice twist.

i would have definitely liked to hear more about teddy lupin in the epilogue. and how george got on... that one was the worst death for me; the twins were practically one person. heartwrenching indeed.

Sun Jul 22, 2007 8:45 pm

I disliked the Epilogue. Too happy. I wanted to see Harry be some nutcase or recluse for a few years and then get laid.

Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:52 am

Yeah, I feel like there were all sorts of holes in the story of the Lupin family. But I suppose I wouldn't've really wanted the book to be any longer...

I just think the epilogue was an all-around bad idea. Now I'm stuck somewhere between a nice, normal, semi-open ending and absolute full closure...sooo many things they DIDN'T address in the epilogue that i'm like, if you're going to have it there anyway, why not...?

Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:14 am

Daniel Radcliffe turns legal

Mon Jul 23, 2007 6:42 am
Profile YIM

but 17's legal in the wizarding world!

Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:30 pm

LibertyMarie wrote:
but 17's legal in the wizarding world!

you took the words right from my mouth.

Mon Jul 23, 2007 4:53 pm

So, how many Galleons are there in £20 million?

Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:34 pm
Profile WWW

DeckardCain wrote:
So, how many Galleons are there in £20 million?

Gln4 million or so, Rowling has said in the past £5 = Gln1.

Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:10 am
Profile YIM

4016064 Galleons, 5 Sickles, and 10 Knuts.
Pounds to Galleons Converter

Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:12 am

All this bad love for the epilogue reminds me of Crime and Punishment; people said the same thing when Dostoyevsky wrote an ending to that.

I loved the book, of course. I had already guessed at a few things - like Regulus being RAB, but I liked how Neville grew up. All the background information on Albus, making him a real person, was really cool too. I liked how Snape got kind of half-vindicated, too. It fits how he's been throughout the books; he really only cares about himself (and, apparently, Lily). He didn't do too good a job at keeping the kids safe at Hogwarts post-appointment, but I guess he did what he could (like sending the kids into the Forbidden forest).

Tue Jul 24, 2007 8:41 pm
Profile WWW

Dunno if everyone's already seen this, but JKR has said there "probably will" be an encyclopedia-type book eventually. Link

Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:38 pm
Profile WWW

Anyone know what became of Ron and Hermione in Hogwarts, when Harry couldn't find them but somebody said they'd run off saying something about a bathroom...??!?
(I'm going to reread the book soon, sorry I don't remember more details [like, when exactly that occurred] right now.)

Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:51 pm

They got into the Chamber of Secrets and took a basilisk fang to use to destroy Horcruxes, I believe. I need to reread it myself, but will have to wait until my brother finally finishes.

Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:53 pm
Profile WWW

riiiight, thanks. (I got the food for thought from a message board on one of the myriad DH facebook groups, lol...I knew there was a reason I hadn't pondered it myself!)

Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:55 pm

redliberte wrote:
or like the last episode of dallas.

harry wakes up in the cupboard-under-the-stairs at the age of 11 to find that it wasn't real, he's not a wizard, there is no lord voldemort, and he's still got to cook dear duddy's eggs and bacon. great, huh?

Or St. Elsewhere.

Where the entire story was made up on the inside of a young autistic child's head after he/she saw a castle along with waaay too many Halloween decorations.

Sat Jul 28, 2007 5:57 pm

DeckardCain wrote:
Dunno if everyone's already seen this, but JKR has said there "probably will" be an encyclopedia-type book eventually. Link

i've seen that link, and i'm excited.

Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:40 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 217 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5