Looking for practice material?

Find thousands of free archived packets for practice and study from the Quizbowl Packet Archive!

Harry Potter, major spoilers probably

Discussion of non-quizbowl topics
LibertyMarie

Post by LibertyMarie »

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAUGH!!!!!!!!

LibertyMarie

Post by LibertyMarie »

spoilers, folks, last chance...

I JUST WANT TO WRING SNAPE'S NECK!!!! I can't BELIEVE...after ALL they went through throughout all of the books of the kids never trusting him but the adults are like "yeah he's fine big D trusts him"...omg! I'm so angry at him!

lol not that I got really into this or anything...

ajax

Post by ajax »

Harry Potter complaints already coming in....

Pope reportedly no fan of Potter
Items compiled from Tribune news services
Published July 15, 2005

BERLIN, GERMANY -- In a letter sent two years before becoming pontiff, Pope Benedict XVI expressed concern that Harry Potter books "erode Christianity in the soul" of young people, a German writer says.

The comments came in letters between then-Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger and Gabriele Kuby, a sociologist who wrote a book criticizing J.K. Rowling's blockbusters. In a letter dated March 7, 2003, Ratzinger thanked Kuby for sending him a copy of "your informative book."

MoundCityBMW...T

Post by MoundCityBMW...T »

MY ANGER IS LIKE 5000 ON A 1 POINT SCALE!!!! my head is fuc*ing spinning...WTF?

i'll post more later--but Draco is a wussy.

MoundCityBMW...T

Post by MoundCityBMW...T »

Don't tell me that Marie and I are the only Potterheads on this forum...Because that would put us in a class like no other; Member of a quiz bowl forum AND the only 2 Skrewt lovers on that quiz bowl forum...we are so cool Marie.

LibertyMarie

Post by LibertyMarie »

Yeah we are.

Caitlin's a fan, she may not have finished it yet is all.

ANYHOW...I am so angry at Snape! aaugh!

Plus Ron ticked me off thoroughly throughout most of the book. Ew...I mean, these are kiddie books!

Speaking of, yeah, this one definitely "has grown up with us" (grin), not something I'd want, idk, my 7-year-old cousin reading...the word 'damn' was used at least three or four times, 'hell' two or three, there were a gazillion references to flipping people off, TOO MUCH SNOGGING (Harry and Ginny, what WAS that?!?! and I already mentioned Ron), river of corpses omg SCARY, people dropping out of school lol, saying that your parents can't protect you...NOT A KIDDIE BOOK. I mean, I certainly enjoyed (...) it, but...meh. idk.

All I want is for Ron and Hermione to hook up, is that too much to ask!!!!

Oh, and more screentime for GW...no, no, that would be George Weasley...Yeah! <3

East Buc & UMR

Post by East Buc & UMR »

You finished already Marie?

LibertyMarie

Post by LibertyMarie »

I started reading it at 1:26 yesterday, and was finished at 6:15.

(am and pm, respectively. with some sleep thrown in there, too.)

Trey

Post by Trey »

Dang, just finished. (I didn't get it until yesterday afternoon, and, sadly, I was interrupted many times.) Anyway, I am sad. I mean, screw Snape. Whatever, I dont care. I just miss poor Dumbledore...

:(

LibertyMarie

Post by LibertyMarie »

Trey wrote: I mean, screw Snape. Whatever, I dont care. I just miss poor Dumbledore...

Yeah, I'm a lot more upset about SNAPE BEING A FLIPPING TRAITOR than a, uh, lack of Big D. But part of that is the newspaper told me--without a spoiler warning--that Dumbledore would die (thanks a bunch), so maybe I was prepared for it? heh idk.

And I didn't like that, what, 100 pages away from the ending, EVERYTHING WAS HAPPY. Harry and Ginny were hooked up (which I think is bizarre and pointless except so they can pull a Smallville at the end, but still happy enough), Ron and Lavender were -ugh finally- over, Ron and Hermione were friends again, Big D was still around...meh.

Oh, and around that point (5/6 or so finished with the beast [that's not really close i know, but it's all the more math i can do right now]), I thought, 'why is it called the half-blood prince? it hasn't been too significant in the book.' See, I jinxed myself...'cause then he flipping KILLED DUMBLEDORE...augh.

lol *shrug*

...so angry at snape!!!

L-Town Expatriate
Location: Riding a Mule down the Katy Trail to the State Fair

Post by L-Town Expatriate »

LibertyMarie wrote: But part of that is the newspaper told me--without a spoiler warning--that Dumbledore would die (thanks a bunch), so maybe I was prepared for it? heh idk.
Guess JK Rowling misses Richard Harris that much.

Trey

Post by Trey »

So did you guys have any idea who the half blood prince was? I mean, to me atleast, all the evidence pointed to it being Tom Riddle. It seemed so obvious, being that he was a half blood, and that it was established that he hated the name Tom, and wanted to get a more unique title. I just never would have suspected Snape...

Oh, and I still miss Dumbledore. I dont really care that Snape turned out to be bad...

flycaitiee69

Post by flycaitiee69 »

LibertyMarie wrote: Caitlin's a fan, she may not have finished it yet is all.....

Speaking of, yeah, this one definitely "has grown up with us" (grin)....
just finished. and even at 4:28 in the morning, i had to get on and rant. and don't mock my quote to the hot reporter, haha, it was a good one and you know it.

okay. so i liked ron and hermione finally kinda hooking up. i mean, gah, there's been more than enough sexual tension there, especially since she got all hot in the third movie and whatnot. and harry + ginny = absolutely adorable. too bad he was like, 'baby i can't love you.' moron. but i understand that.

so that's the end of the positives....

:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

I AM SO ANGRY RIGHT NOW. this book was WAY too terrifying--there needed to be more of a warning on it! while these books HAVE matured with their original audience (ie those of us who were in middle school when the first books came out), they have attracted a HUGE younger audience. ugh.

that crap with the dead bodies was enough to actually make me get up and turn on the overhead light in my room (i was reading by a small light near my bed)...however, i had to do the run run LEAP into bed because i was afraid dead naked bodies would attack me from under my bed. yes, i am willing to admit this.

then THEY FREAKING KILLED DUMBLDORE. not that he was one of the BEST CHARACTERS in the book. not that he reminds me of mr wrolstead, the most amazing man EVER. not that his inspirational words to harry have been making me cry for years (and i'm super cold-hearted...no, really).... for pete's sake, i started bawling when he was all 'i am not worried. i'm with you, harry.' and then they KILLED HIM?!?!?!? and it was SNAPE! whom we'd been FORCED, against our WILLS to trust for years and years?!?!?! what was wrong with dumbldore?!?!?!? how did he not know??? snape killed harry's parents. KILLED THEM. and then malfoy....oh man he redeemed himself there, by not killing dumbledore himself, but that was soooo sad. i felt so awful for him. i'm really worried about draco, honestly.

no, they had to take away the last person whom harry could trust, the only one whom harry could love, really. they killed his parents, his godfather, his...his freaking MENTOR for pete's sake!

aggggggggggggggggggggggh i hate j.k. rowling and this stupid stupid book. aggggggggggggggggh!

i also thought the half-blood prince would be tom riddle. i thought the potions book was a horcrux. i hate snape. i want to kick him in the face. he killed dumbledore, the only one who ever stuck up for or gave him a second chance. he deserves to be thrown in the lake with the inferni.

gah. dumb dumb book. i miss the days when harry just played quidditch with hot oliver wood and killed giant snakes with swords and sorting hats. honestly.

P.S. j.k. rowling, this avatar's to you.

LibertyMarie

Post by LibertyMarie »

AL, I like your avatar.

Yeah...I agree with just about everything you said about the book. I liked it, though...except when I think about little kids reading it (which I think I said earlier)...egh.

I remember long ago reading that neither Harry nor Voldemort/Tom would be the HBP, so I really had no idea. Other than it REALLY seemed like it would be the latter.

AC160

Post by AC160 »

MoundCityBMW...T wrote: MY ANGER IS LIKE 5000 ON A 1 POINT SCALE!!!! my head is fuc*ing spinning...WTF?

Draco is a a coward he can't he finish what he is told to do.

AC160

Post by AC160 »

LibertyMarie wrote:
Trey wrote: I mean, screw Snape.  Whatever, I dont care.  I just miss poor Dumbledore... :(  :( 

And I didn't like that, what, 100 pages away from the ending, EVERYTHING WAS HAPPY. Harry and Ginny were hooked up (which I think is bizarre and pointless except so they can pull a Smallville at the end, but still happy enough), Ron and Lavender were -ugh finally- over, Ron and Hermione were friends again, Big D was still around...meh.

...so angry at snape!!!
I miss Dumbledore, too. Who isn't angry at Snape? Harry doens't want Ginny to get hurt when he goes after Snape and Voldermort. I thought he ended their relationship. I got the book yesterday and read it yesterday. It was itnerestign to find out who the half-Blood prince was. I thought it was Tom Riddle's too. I guess this book would be scarier for youger kids, but I thought it was one of the best written ones of the series. What happened I think was totally unexpected. I would have thought Rowling would have killed off one of the students, NOT Dumbledore.

ajax

Post by ajax »

AC160 wrote:
MoundCityBMW...T wrote: MY ANGER IS LIKE 5000 ON A 1 POINT SCALE!!!!  my head is fuc*ing spinning...WTF?

Draco is a a coward he can't he finish what he is told to do.
I think Draco wanted to break free, but he is a really big wussy...

B) I watched about 20min of the movie "sorcerer's stone" and picked that up. Never read one of the books.

LibertyMarie

Post by LibertyMarie »

ajax wrote: Never read one of the books.
AJ, have you seen the title of this thread?

P.S. Whoever said HBP was well-written...YES! That was what I was trying to put my finger on. I have issues with the book but it's very well-written. I hated GOF when I first read it because I thought it was longer than it needed to be...and while HBP is significantly longer than any of the first three, it is also significantly shorter than four and five. *shrug*

johnboy81918

Post by johnboy81918 »

It's a good book...although shorter than I would have liked, as it only took me about 4 hours to finish...how disappointing...

AC160

Post by AC160 »

Book 5 could have been shorter and HBP longer. Book 5 seemed to contain a lot of extra stuff in it and Book 6 had a lot of info cramed into its 647 pages. I think it only took me 5-6 hrs to read.

LibertyMarie

Post by LibertyMarie »

AC160 wrote: Book 5 could have been shorter and HBP longer. Book 5 seemed to contain a lot of extra stuff in it and Book 6 had a lot of info cramed into its 647 pages. I think it only took me 5-6 hrs to read.
I liked HBP being short (relatively). Seriously...the long ones just got tedious.

DeckardCain

Post by DeckardCain »

OK, so I got the book at about 2 pm today, got some dental work done, and then finished it about a half hour ago (granted with several interruptions - P.S. I still love you, Jenny) so now I can give some input:

I had a gut feeling Dumbledore was going to die in this book before I even started it. He was old as the hills anyway, and JKR had been playing up the "tired old man" image for two or three books now. But... SNAPE???? Caitlin, you took the words right out of my mouth.

I did think the book was a little short. There could have easily been some interesting details added. I thought it funny how huge chunks of time would go by where nothing happened, and then, boom, all kinds of things happen in one day.

Going through the book, all the way until they revealed who the Half-Blood Prince was, I still had no clue. I could have sworn somewhere it said Snape was a full-blood wizard. I kept thinking it was going to be Godric Gryffindor, or someone like that.

So Harry says he's not going to attend his final year of school... yet JKR said the seventh book will be the longest of the series... wonder how she's going to fill all the space.

And yeah, this series is not for little kids anymore... e.g. the reference to Tom Riddle's mother as a "slut."

Also, I heard there's going to be an additional 8th book, with the proceeds going to charity or something like that... my theory is Harry vs. Draco.

Well... it's too late for me. More tomorrow.

johnboy81918

Post by johnboy81918 »

An eighth book? Where'd you hear that?

L-Town Expatriate

johnboy81918 wrote: An eighth book? Where'd you hear that?
Not gonna happen, unless JKR is so torn up by closing the series that she feels compelled to tack on a sequel that few will enjoy.

DeckardCain

Post by DeckardCain »

Not definite, but a possibility. Although my theory appears to be wrong.

LibertyMarie

Post by LibertyMarie »

DeckardCain wrote: So Harry says he's not going to attend his final year of school... yet JKR said the seventh book will be the longest of the series... wonder how she's going to fill all the space.
Are you serious?

One book, and the loose ends to tie up/things to include (anyone, feel free to post more):
-Five (? I don't remember exactly, several anyway) horcruxes to find
-Five (see above) horcruxes to destroy
-Finding Big V
-Getting to Big V, past all the Death Eaters, werewolves, giants, dementors, etc
-KILLING Big V (well, I certainly hope so, at least, rather than the alternative)
-Killing Snape as painfully as possible. And Bellatrix, although that is a seriously cool name...
-What happens to Hogwarts...does it stay open, all that.
-What happens to the teachers...Hagrid, McGonagoll, etc...do they teach or do they go fight Big V
-Ron and Hermione hooking up
-Harry finding love, more so than a does-not-forward-the-plot-at-all fling (I'm not talking about Cho)
-Do Ron and Hermione go with Harry to save the world? (If so, why can't Ginny...?)
-Neville and Luna hooking up
-Something about the rest of the DA?
-Draco needs to be resolved...either redeemed or turning evil, no wishy-washy
-Something about Sirius'/Harry's house?
-The weddings will be in it...Bill/Fleur (HOW much older than her is he?!) and Lupin/Tonks (weird...oh, I guess he's a lot older than her, too *shrug*)
-Bill the werewolf? Bill the ugly-but-not-a-werewolf?
-The Dursleys
-The muggle government...if it was important enough to open HBP, it ought to come up again
-Harry vs. the ministry
-I could see Harry spending time in...uh...the headmaster's office getting advice from the Big D portrait, lol
-After Harry defeats Voldemort, he's somehow going to be congratulated by his parents and Dumbledore. Maybe I've been watching too much Star Wars, but...maybe it'll be something as simple as Aunt Petunia (that is her name, isn't it? ah my memory) saying 'omg I'm proud of you, your parents would be too.' But, idk, they came out of Voldemort's wand at the end of GOF (that's the one part of the entire HP thus far that makes me cry every time, lol), so anything could happen, right?

Well ok maybe some of those were 'things I'd like to see' rather than 'loose ends,' but still. The first five alone I think will take up PLENTY of pages. Like, at the end of HBP, I was all "and she plans to make this ONE BOOK?!?"

P.S. Caitlin, I mentioned this to you at some point...other folks might enjoy it, too...this is a fanfic (apparently a famous one?) about, er, Draco, Harry, and Hermione...*shrug* Click on 'Draco Dormiens.' It's long but funny...the problem is that sometimes my memory gets confused and I think events from the story 'really' happened (in HP). heh. Feel free not to read it...just a link. *shrug*

AAAAAAAAAND some food for thought. From another message board:
"I think Dumbledore would have wanted to save draco and snape at the same time, since he was dying anyways (from drinking the potion). Dumbledore didnt want Draco to have murder on his hands, nor for Snape to die cuz he broke the unbreakable vow. it makes perfect sense. snape is definitely not evil."
To which I say, hello, he could've NOT made the vow...but, yeah, food for thought. lol

AC160

Post by AC160 »

DeckardCain wrote: I did think the book was a little short. There could have easily been some interesting details added. I thought it funny how huge chunks of time would go by where nothing happened, and then, boom, all kinds of things happen in one day.

So Harry says he's not going to attend his final year of school... yet JKR said the seventh book will be the longest of the series... wonder how she's going to fill all the space.
Those chunks of time didn't act like it hurt the book though everything at once did seem to get quite busy.
The 7th book will be the longest? Gees that means it will prbably be over 800 pages(I don't remember how long the ongest book was). She might fill it up with what Marie said needs to be tied up.

LibertyMarie

Post by LibertyMarie »

OotP was, like, 870-something. Because it's over 200 pages longer than HBP.

Shah, they should just let me write #7.

HARRY POTTER AND GEORGE WEASLEY
by EM Tracy
(includes all of the above, all that Voldemort crap y'know, plus...)
Some serious Weasley Twinnage. Especially George. Especially...

:wub:

yeah, I'm done, really. Someone leave me some comments about my big ol' list.

johnboy81918

Post by johnboy81918 »

You really think that badly of Snape, do you now? Well, we'll see what happens to him (and Malfoy) but personally I still believe he's a good guy. Reasons to come tomorrow, if at all, or at some other point, if at all...I need to eat.

DeckardCain

Post by DeckardCain »

johnboy81918 wrote: You really think that badly of Snape, do you now? Well, we'll see what happens to him (and Malfoy) but personally I still believe he's a good guy.
You know, the more I consider that possibility, the more it seems realistic. Like Hagrid said, he could have just been keeping his cover.

Anyway:

- There are 4 horcruxes left. The two things of Hufflepuff and Slytherin (I don't remember what they were exactly) possibly something belonging to Gryffindor or Ravenclaw, and Voldemort himself. Riddle's diary, the ring, and whatever was in the middle of the lake were already destroyed.

- Hogwarts can't close for good... they have to educate future wizards. Maybe it shuts down for just the upcoming year, and then all the relationship things can be tied together. This would make sense, since (supposedly) Book 7 is going to be longer than Book 5, they're going to have to fill it with something besides the Harry/Voldemort battle.

- I think the veil from the Department of Mysteries will come back into play, and somehow that's how Harry is reunited with his parents and Dumbledore.

flycaitiee69

Post by flycaitiee69 »

liberty tribune, wednesday, july 20, 2005

'i think the dark aspects are harder for younger fans to understand,' vincent demarco, 18, said.
he said some of the darker aspects included cult references and increasing violence.
caitlin dean, 18, who was at barnes & noble with demarco, said that the series had grown up at about the same rate as the children who first started reading the series when it began.
'we started reading it in middle school,' she said, 'and it's gotten older with us.'

woo woo.

haha.

(and my 200th post)

Jeffrey Hill
Location: In between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown (aka Johnson County, KS)

Post by Jeffrey Hill »

flycaitiee69 wrote: liberty tribune, wednesday, july 20, 2005

'i think the dark aspects are harder for younger fans to understand,' vincent demarco, 18, said.
he said some of the darker aspects included cult references and increasing violence.
caitlin dean, 18, who was at barnes & noble with demarco, said that the series had grown up at about the same rate as the children who first started reading the series when it began.
'we started reading it in middle school,' she said, 'and it's gotten older with us.'

woo woo.

haha.

(and my 200th post)
Liberty ScoBo alum quotage... woohoo!

L-Town Expatriate

Brilliant. You must have been interviewed by Anna Maltby.

I'll remind her to include you two in her Pulitzer prize acceptance speech when she's working for the International Herald Tribune. (Wait, they're based in France - they don't qualify for the Pulitzer!!)

johnboy81918

Post by johnboy81918 »

DeckardCain wrote: - There are 4 horcruxes left. The two things of Hufflepuff and Slytherin (I don't remember what they were exactly) possibly something belonging to Gryffindor or Ravenclaw, and Voldemort himself. Riddle's diary, the ring, and whatever was in the middle of the lake were already destroyed.
We don't know yet if the locket was destroyed, so Harry has to find that (and I believe it's in Grimmauld Place if I could just find the quote...) along with the other 4 (including the one in Voldemort himself). So that leaves 5 to find, and at least 4 to destroy...

johnboy81918

Post by johnboy81918 »

Hooray! On page 116 of Order of the Phoenix...when they are cleaning out Grimmauld Place...

"also a heavy locket that none of them could open"

hmm...anyone want to agree with me? R.A.B. could easily be Regulus Black, who we know was probably killed by Voldemort or on his orders...

DeckardCain

Post by DeckardCain »

Good point. It's been a while since I read the other books, but I'm sure there are probably substantial clues in there...

bzjayhawks

Post by bzjayhawks »

What about this: Dumbledore took the fake horcrux locket with him to the cave (the one with the message in from "R.A.B") intending to put the fake one in the bowl and take the real one. He takes the real one but in the rush and him being slightly weakened/delirious from drinking the liquid, he does not have time to take the fake one from his robes and put it in the bowl. He puts the real one round his neck or next to his chest in his robes. When Snape comes to the tower, either from prearrangement (maybe the argument which Hagrid witnessed betweeen Dumbledore and Snape) or from reading each other's minds (they were both skilled Legilimens) Dumbledore asks Snape to destroy the horcrux which is by his chest. This might explain Dumbledore's "pleading" if Snape is having doubts about killing Dumbledore. The book says Snape's Avada Kedavra curse hits Dumbledore "squarely in the chest" which is where the real locket is, destroying the locket (also killing Dumbledore). Harry then finds the fake Horcrux locket in Dumbledore's robes. R.A.B could stand for something in Latin or an organisation or maybe is just a red herring from Rowling. Regulus Black is just too obvious - JKR doesn't tend to go for the obvious.

johnboy81918

Post by johnboy81918 »

I wouldn't say Regulus Black is too obvious, I mean come on, he's been mentioned maybe once or twice in the entire series? And while the whole "Dumbledore was bringing the fake to put in the bowl" theory is interesting and you made some good points, I struggle to believe why he'd feel the need to put a fake Horcrux in anyway. It's not like he hadn't already destroyed one, and so has Harry for that matter. So putting a fake one in just doesn't seem like something Dumbledore would do at that time.

bzjayhawks

Post by bzjayhawks »

What do you think about Snape's role in all of this? This also kind of goes with the idea that Nagini is a Horcux:
If and only if, Snape is actually on Dumbledore's side, maybe Dumbledore told him about the Horcruxes, and he let him kill him in front of all the death eaters so that now he is honored above all death eaters, but all of this has a purpose. I think that Dumbledore gave Snape one of the hardest missions in the future, Snape will be the one to KILL Nagini since he now can get as close as he wants to the snake since no one doubts him anymore, which is arguably the 2nd hardest Horcruxe to get after the one inside Voldemort of course.

johnboy81918

Post by johnboy81918 »

I think Snape is still on Dumbledore's side (or just on the good side now, as Dumbledore is obviously gone...) and that he did indeed know about the Horcruxes. And, you are right in the fact that since he has killed Dumbledore, he will no longer be doubted among the Death Eaters on whether he is loyal or not. I think Dumbledore knew about Snape's Unbreakable Vow, but didn't want a young person (Malfoy) to become a killer...so he let Snape kill him instead. Dumbledore knew he was probably too weak to carry on, but that Snape was still needed, so by allowing Snape to kill him, Malfoy hasn't committed murder and Snape probably has a higher rank within the Death Eaters...

And about Nagini, I don't believe Snape will kill her, but that Harry, being the Parselmouth, will have to do it.

bzjayhawks

Post by bzjayhawks »

So here's a review of my points then:

I think that Dumbledore must have told Snape to kill him; they were after all overheard earlier on in the book arguing by Hagrid- this could be due to the fact that Snape was not, at all pleased to be asked to kill the only man that really trusted him.
Also Dumbledore 'pleads' with Snape in the Tower in the end- most likely urging Snape- telling him he had to do it, and afraid that he might not, which could explain why Snape was described as having such an furious expression, most likely because he was so mad at Dumbledore for making him kill him.
There's also the moment were, Harry finally catches up with Snape as he flees with Draco and the other Death Eaters. Harry calls him a 'coward' and Snape screams at him 'DON'T CALL ME (A) COWARD', there's also a description here about how he looks like he is in as much pain as Fang- who's trapped in the burning house, and how he looks 'inhuman' almost insane with sorrow you could say.
Then there's the reason why Harry was frozen by Dumbledore- he had to be, because there was no way that Harry would stand by and let Dumbledore die, no matter what Dumbledore asked him to do; and Harry had not trusted Snape all year, and had been complaining to Dumbledore about him.
Dumbledore had also informed Harry that without Snape's help after he destroyed the ring, he would have died. If Snape was going to kill him all along, why not just kill him then? Probably because Snape and Dumbledore both needed the Death Eaters and Harry to see it happen. It was the only way that Snape could end up being the most trusted Death Eater, and Harry would make sure that everyone knew it had been Snape that killed Dumbledore, thus making him a traitor. Dumbledore most likely wanted to save Draco too, and so did Snape, and the only way to do it was for Dumbledore to sacrifice himself.
Lastly, it is McGonagall who can't understand why Snape would do it, because Dumbledore trusted him beyond any doubt (Dumbledore knew something about him that vindicated Snape)- but even she ends up believing that Snape betrayed them- a brilliant cover for Snape really, it means that Voldemort can have no doubt as to his loyalties.
I think the Nagini idea (Snape has to kill Nagini) is the most plausible- it makes sense. Snape will have to help Harry and the Order on the inside, even though they won't ever trust him, or know that he was on their side until the very end. And chances are he'll die in the next book.

johnboy81918

Post by johnboy81918 »

Just outta curiousity, where are you from?

AC160

Post by AC160 »

johnboy81918 wrote: Hooray! On page 116 of Order of the Phoenix...when they are cleaning out Grimmauld Place...

"also a heavy locket that none of them could open"

hmm...anyone want to agree with me? R.A.B. could easily be Regulus Black, who we know was probably killed by Voldemort or on his orders...
I agree. It does sound right. Voldemort could have had Regulus killed because he learned he might have had the locket.

BZ-interesting theories though some parts seem a bit far fetched.

As for Snape nobody is liking him at the moment and what he will do is totally up in the air. He did have a debt to pay-Harry's dad had saved his life. Unless he considered the debt payed when he helped Harry stay on his broom in the 1st book he might help again later.

LibertyMarie

Post by LibertyMarie »

johnboy81918 wrote: I think Snape is still on Dumbledore's side (or just on the good side now, as Dumbledore is obviously gone...) and that he did indeed know about the Horcruxes. And, you are right in the fact that since he has killed Dumbledore, he will no longer be doubted among the Death Eaters on whether he is loyal or not. I think Dumbledore knew about Snape's Unbreakable Vow, but didn't want a young person (Malfoy) to become a killer...so he let Snape kill him instead. Dumbledore knew he was probably too weak to carry on, but that Snape was still needed, so by allowing Snape to kill him, Malfoy hasn't committed murder and Snape probably has a higher rank within the Death Eaters...

And about Nagini, I don't believe Snape will kill her, but that Harry, being the Parselmouth, will have to do it.
Wow, that's almost exactly what I posted earlier (that I ripped from someone). Good work.

I really am impressed with the whole remembering-the-locket reference. Dang, kid, you're my hero for today.

mmm, yeah, I'm not going to doubt that Snape is evil through-and-through until I read otherwise.

bzjayhawks

Post by bzjayhawks »

I'm from Smithville. Yeah, some of the things i thought of may not seem entirely possible, but it's nice to think about it. With JK Rowling, you never know what could happen. I guess I still want to think that Snape is good and that Dumbledore wasn't wrong in his judgement.

johnboy81918

Post by johnboy81918 »

Well, even though Dumbledore has been known to make mistakes, the fact still lingers that he trusted Snape...so, I still believe Dumbledore, like it or not.

And its good to know I'm a hero today! Thanks Marie! Does that mean you all probably agree with what I say about the locket then?

johnboy81918

Post by johnboy81918 »

bzjayhawks wrote: I'm from Smithville.
Do you play? Or are you a coach perhaps?

LibertyMarie

Post by LibertyMarie »

Yeah, that makes perfect sense. Man...I'm always so impressed when authors think ahead like that (if it's the case lol)...*shrug.* Go John! woo!

LibertyMarie

Post by LibertyMarie »

johnboy81918 wrote:
bzjayhawks wrote: I'm from Smithville.
Do you play? Or are you a coach perhaps?
Coaches don't post Harry Potter theories, silly...p.s. have you ever looked at the 'who are you' threads?!

johnboy81918

Post by johnboy81918 »

Ignore my last post...I decided to get off my butt and look something up for once :wacko:

I see you must play, as you were born the same year I was...might I ask if I know you, or saw you at camp?