Looking for practice material?

Find thousands of free archived packets for practice and study from the Quizbowl Packet Archive!

Hello all...

Discussion of non-quizbowl topics
johnboy81918

Hello all...

Post by johnboy81918 »

Hello people...

This is my first post here in any of the forums. Just so you know, I go to Liberty and am a JV player. My name, obviously, is John.

Feel free to post any opinions you have already formed about me, in order to keep this topic empty.

Jeffrey Hill
Location: In between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown (aka Johnson County, KS)

Hello all...

Post by Jeffrey Hill »

John is the worst player ever.

He's not good at anything, especially math.

He doesn't study at all.

He doesn't care about Scholar Bowl at all.

He's not doing anything Scholar Bowl related this weekend.

He never comes to practice.

He has horrible stats.

Just kidding... he's a good player. (Actually, he has the best stats of all of our JV players)

johnboy81918

Hello all...

Post by johnboy81918 »

I started reading that post and got scared until I saw the bottom line...

Jeff, don't do that!

DeckardCain

Hello all...

Post by DeckardCain »

Welcome to the board

tcarroll

Hello all...

Post by tcarroll »

hola. bienvenidos.

libertymark

Hello all...

Post by libertymark »

ScoBo1987 wrote: Just kidding... he's a good player. (Actually, he has the best stats of all of our JV players)
i would like to challenge that. he may have the best stats for tossups but who is better at bonuses and lightning rounds? yeah add those in the equation and it is a whole different ball game buddy.

Jeffrey Hill
Location: In between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown (aka Johnson County, KS)

Hello all...

Post by Jeffrey Hill »

libertymark wrote: i would like to challenge that. he may have the best stats for tossups but who is better at bonuses and lightning rounds? yeah add those in the equation and it is a whole different ball game buddy.
Well, best tossup stats. It's hard to keep bonus and lightning round stats since collaboration is silent.

L-Town Expatriate
Location: Riding a Mule down the Katy Trail to the State Fair

Hello all...

Post by L-Town Expatriate »

ScoBo1987 wrote: It's hard to keep bonus and lightning round stats since collaboration is silent.
Collaboration Silent? What the crap?

Don't you mean "too difficult to gauge statistically since it's a matter of interpersonal communication?" (Holy crap! My Comm Theory class is actually useful for something other than stepping stone to journalism certification!)

Jeffrey Hill

Hello all...

Post by Jeffrey Hill »

L-Town Expatriate wrote: Collaboration Silent? What the crap?

Don't you mean "too difficult to gauge statistically since it's a matter of interpersonal communication?" (Holy crap! My Comm Theory class is actually useful for something other than stepping stone to journalism certification!)
Well yes, but it's undoubtedly indeterminable since it's silent. You could get somewhat of an idea if you can clearly hear the collaboration.

L-Town Expatriate

Hello all...

ScoBo1987 wrote:
L-Town Expatriate wrote: Collaboration Silent?  What the crap?

Don't you mean "too difficult to gauge statistically since it's a matter of interpersonal communication?"  (Holy crap!  My Comm Theory class is actually useful for something other than stepping stone to journalism certification!)
Well yes, but it's undoubtedly indeterminable since it's silent. You could get somewhat of an idea if you can clearly hear the collaboration.
Well, you could tell through lip movement and/or people pulling answers out of nowhere - Tall Paul's specialty up here.

johnboy81918

Hello all...

Post by johnboy81918 »

Gee, thanks everyone...Jeff makes one comment saying I'm an okay player and now there is the need for arguing over how stats are kept on lightning and bonus?

And Mark, I contribute quite often on the lightning and bonuses. As a team, we are all pretty much equal (in terms of our main players) in contributing to questions that allow collaboration. So, don't make implications that any one person does more than another on certain items...it's not very team-like.

Besides...more of our effort right now should be concentrated on getting ready for state so we don't make idiots of ourselves, right?

L-Town Expatriate

Hello all...

johnboy81918 wrote: Besides...more of our effort right now should be concentrated on getting ready for state so we don't make idiots of ourselves, right?
Right. Rather unfortunate that I have other plans on campus. I heard Mary Lou would like additional help.

(JV State, April 9, Rock Bridge)

flycaitiee69

Hello all...

Post by flycaitiee69 »

heh, funny thing.
i learned that in MY speech class...and i'm still in high school.
kyle, did you know we have a dual-credit speech class now through north west?
this is it's first year.
it's an amazing class.