Looking for practice material?

Find thousands of free archived packets for practice and study from the Quizbowl Packet Archive!

Political Ramblings

Discussion of non-quizbowl topics
L-Town Expatriate
Location: Riding a Mule down the Katy Trail to the State Fair

Political Ramblings

Post by L-Town Expatriate »

According to polls released today:

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- A new poll shows a very tight race in the Missouri Democrat primary for governor, KMBC's Micheal Mahoney reported.
According to the poll by KMBC-TV 9 News and The Kansas City Star, Gov. Bob Holden has only a two-point lead over Claire McCaskill -- 43 percent to 41 percent. Sixteen percent of the likely Democratic voters polled were undecided. The poll has a margin of error of 5.6 percent.
The poll also asked Democrats about a head-to-head match up with the likely Republican nominee, Secretary of State Matt Blunt. McCaskill won her match-up with Blunt 45 percent to 37 percent, but the incumbent governor lost his match-up with Blunt, 44 percent to 44 percent. Interestingly, all 600 people in the poll answered that question, giving it a smaller margin of error of only 4 percent.

(Source: KMBC-TV)

Oh, and those who lean more to the right, a new ketchup is available that isn't Heinz:
http://www.wketchup.com/
(I personally would have recommended Hunt's since Lamar's good buddy Carl gave the Veep a personalized Chiefs jersey a couple months back.)

wca

Political Ramblings

Post by wca »

Check this out for politics. I think that I may just vote for this guy in the upcoming election for governer. He is seriously running.

Martin Lindstedt

L-Town Expatriate

Political Ramblings

That bigot always runs for office.

wca

Political Ramblings

Post by wca »

So he is nothing new in Kansas City. That is just a sad thing when we still have people like that in America. I know he has the right to say what he wants, but it still shocks me that people think like that.

L-Town Expatriate

Political Ramblings

He lives east of Neosho. I just happen to know he's consistently been on the ballot because the KCStar has some fetish about saying he wants a return to segregation while saying even less about the other know-nothings set to receive less than 1,000 votes. (With the possible exception of Jeff Killian – He's a poli sci student at SEMO.)

L-Town Expatriate

Political Ramblings

BOO-YAH!!!
Bob goes bye-bye in 2005!

mujason

Political Ramblings

Post by mujason »

Bob will be back. Remember, when Bill Clinton ran for re-election as Arkansas Governor the first time, he lost. Cubans and Car Tags, anyone?

L-Town Expatriate

Political Ramblings

No... Claire (or Matt) will be around for eight years, and not even Catherine Hannaway or Ed Quick (sadly) will be able to pry either out of the governor's mansion in 2008.

Missouri so needs Ed Quick back in public office ASAP!