Looking for practice material?

Find thousands of free archived packets for practice and study from the Quizbowl Packet Archive!

lalalalala

Discussion of non-quizbowl topics
flycaitiee69

lalalalala

Post by flycaitiee69 »

aww boo poor camera! i hope you get that fixed, doll.
what exactly is wrong with it?
that is a LOT of medicine. i hope you don't die. don't die k thanks.
how'd the presentation go?
i have four papers, two huge presentations, and one test next week...i hear ya.
and then finals week...i only have three finals...but they are all right in a row on tuesday. :barf:

love you! (we need to start getting on that thing soon! a-list numba twoooo?!)

(er, really number three i guess....)

LibertyMarie

lalalalala

Post by LibertyMarie »

The screen is broken...it just shows a huge black mark on a multicolored background, and has a little spiderweb-looking design over it all...it still takes pictures, though. but isn't particularly usable.

i'll do my best not to die, thanks for the support.

presentation...i think i talked to long. but i did it well. it just may have gotten boring somewhere in there. i'm sure i got a B+ at least, *shrug,* and i pretty much have 100% in that class so it doesn't really matter lol

yes...countdown to the end is pretty intimidating. i only have one test finals week, though, i guess that's good.

yes yes A-list wooo! lol
hmm...maybe sometime we should actually do it rather than just keep saying "hey we should do it"...hehe

Jeffrey Hill
Location: In between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown (aka Johnson County, KS)

lalalalala

Post by Jeffrey Hill »

Noooooo! Blame me for touching it

;) Or maybe it was emotionally traumatized that TMCE didn't know how to turn it on

L-Town Expatriate
Location: Riding a Mule down the Katy Trail to the State Fair

lalalalala

Post by L-Town Expatriate »

ScoBo1987 wrote: Noooooo! Blame me for touching it

;) Or maybe it was emotionally traumatized that TMCE didn't know how to turn it on
Why are you posting from Clarence!?!? :wacko:

AC160

lalalalala

Post by AC160 »

LibertyMarie wrote: Today I discovered that my favorite $230 toy is broken (although the secretary at work--I try to avoid the whole "someone's my second mom" thing, but she is definitely worthy of the title--called a camera store for advisement. Apparently there was a recall on some LCD screens, hopefully I qualify...but I can't find information anywhere about this recall, even at canonusa.com which the camera guy said would have it).
What model of camera do you have?

Jeffrey Hill
Location: In between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown (aka Johnson County, KS)

lalalalala

Post by Jeffrey Hill »

LibertyMarie wrote: The screen is broken...it just shows a huge black mark on a multicolored background, and has a little spiderweb-looking design over it all...it still takes pictures, though. but isn't particularly usable.
I'd ask you to post a picture but that would require another camera or some fun dual mirror action

;)

LibertyMarie

lalalalala

Post by LibertyMarie »

Canon Powershot S410. I lurve it deeply...but now it has betrayed me...ooh, Canon customer support email was supposed to arrive six hours after being sent, maybe it's here...

LibertyMarie

lalalalala

Post by LibertyMarie »

(no i don't expect you to read this...but just in case the suspense is killin' you haha...)

Dear E. marie Tracy:

Thank you for contacting Canon product support. We value you as a Canon
customer and appreciate the opportunity to assist you with the display
issues on your PowerShot S410.

Please mail your digital camera to the Factory Service Center shown
below. When shipping your camera, please be sure to remove the memory
card and batteries. You are not required to send any accessories or
manuals when shipping the camera. Be sure to include your name, street
address (no P.O. boxes, please), telephone number, and a letter
describing the issue with the product. Since it has been less than one
year since the camera was purchased, we ask that you also include proof
of warranty in the form of a copy of your sales receipt.

As we do not provide RMA numbers for service, we suggest using a
trackable and insurable service (i.e. UPS, Federal Express, Priority
Mail) to ship your camera. Please package the camera very securely in a
sturdy shipping box to prevent damage during shipment.

Please send your camera to the following address:

Canon Factory Service
1440 Chase Ave.
Elk Grove Village, IL 60007

Telephone: (630) 250-6500
Business hours: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (Central) Monday-Friday

Upon arrival at the Factory Service Center, your camera will be logged
in to our repair database and assigned a repair number. Next, the
camera will be examined and you will be advised of the findings. If the
required repairs are covered by the warranty, the repairs will begin
immediately, and you will not be contacted. When the repairs are
complete, the camera will be shipped back to you via Federal Express.
The length of time for the repair will be dependent upon the nature of
the repair and availability of parts, if needed. Usually, warranted
repairs are completed within approximately ten to fourteen business days
of the camera's arrival at the Factory Service Center.

All decisions regarding warranty coverage are made by the Factory
Service Center at the time of repair. If the repair entails something
that is not covered in warranty, a written estimate will be sent to you
at the address that you have provided. The repairs to your camera will
not begin until you approve this estimate and make payment arrangements.
If, after receiving the estimate, you do not wish to have the camera
repaired, please inform the Factory Service Center of your decision as
soon as possible. If you decline the estimate, the camera will be
shipped back to you unrepaired.

Once you have confirmed with your shipper that the camera has been
delivered, you are more than welcome to contact us for repair updates.
Please include your name, address, and telephone number, as well as the
serial number of the camera, in all repair status inquiries. If you
prefer to check the repair status by phone, please call the Canon
Customer Care Center at 1(800)828-4040. Agents are available Monday
through Friday, from 8 AM to Midnight ET, and on Saturdays from 10 AM to
8 PM ET. Again, please have the serial number of the camera available
when you call.

We hope this information is helpful to you. Please feel free to contact
us again if you have any other questions or concerns regarding your
PowerShot S410.

Thank you for choosing Canon.

Sincerely,

Matthew
Technical Support Representative

Special Note: Certain issues are very difficult to resolve via email.
If your question remains unanswered after you have received this email,
you may call our special toll-free number for email customers with
unresolved issues and speak to a technician by dialing 1-866-261-9362,
Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 12:00 midnight ET, and Saturday 10:00 a.m. -
8:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays).

If you prefer to continue to communicate via email, reply to this
message and we will respond as quickly as possible.

Original Message Follows:
-------------------------

My camera's LCD screen is defective. I went to take a picture
today and the screen only shows a large black mark with a multicolored
background, with a spiderweb-looking design over the entire thing. I
tested and it does still take pictures (I had to download them to my
computer in order to tell), but the screen is entirely unusable. The
camera is always in a padded case when not in use and has not been
mishandled. I heard about a recall on some Sony screens used in Canon
cameras, is this eligible for that? And, regardless of that, what can
be done to repair my still-in-warranty camera? Thank you.
Marie Tracy

...ooh, that was SUPER helpful. tell me about this recall, dang it.

East Buc & UMR

lalalalala

Post by East Buc & UMR »

Well if it is under warranty just send it in... sure it is an a long time till you get it back but it isn't doing anything now

LibertyMarie

lalalalala

Post by LibertyMarie »

LibertyMarie wrote: In a few hours I'm going to the relg/phil dept "senior honors banquet."  Non-seniors were invited but the only ones going are me and this hott boi whom I don't know but he was in this insane dream I had last night haha...awkward.  (Not the dream part, that's only awkward in my head lol, but the whole thing.)
OMG HE IS SOOOOO HOTT!!!!!!!!!! HOTTEST BOI I'VE SEEN AT DRURY. hahaha
I can't believe my dream had him -exactly- as how he looks, I don't know if I've gotten that good a look at him before AL...

oh, p.s., turns out him 'n' me were the only non-seniors because we were the only ones invited. because I got the "best new student in religion" award, woo! and he got the "chaplain's award." because the chaplain's on sabbatical, and i think boi is his workstudy student (also a phil/relg bridge major), and boi has been doing everything this semester...HA...the weekly "chow 'n' chapel" thing, that he's supposed to organize and publicize and all...guess who MAKES and HANGS the flyers for it? here's a hint...NOT HIM! here's another...ME! and that's only if he's on the ball and gets the info to us. lol but i didn't mention that while he was being awarded, hehe.

but still...he is beautiful. so sweet, so beautiful...

hehe

caitlin, I need to tell you about this dream sometime. probably in person. remind me. it's entertaining, i promise (i know ms sailors was always all "gaah i hate it when people have to tell you your dreams," i really have no idea if that's a common opinion...)
lol
oh, and i still need to tell you about bananas and my health-class std presentation ...
:innocent:

LibertyMarie

lalalalala

Post by LibertyMarie »

East Buc & UMR wrote: Well if it is under warranty just send it in... sure it is an a long time till you get it back but it isn't doing anything now
Yeah, but if they won't fix it because they think I dropped it or something (which I didn't, but they might be jerks like that), then it is all for naught...

LibertyMarie

lalalalala

Post by LibertyMarie »

Oh, here's one of my test pictures...well ok more like "and here my troubles began" (/were discovered)...(from where is that quote??)

AL!!!

(...is it Maus? could be...)

oh, and my roommate's camera is sitting right there on her shelf (roomie ain't here)...it's canon, too, it would totally hook up to my computer...but, yeah, i'll use it tomorrow after i -ask- her. lol.
i also have my phone, but pretty sure there's no way to get a picture from it to la computadora (i don't use internet/email on my phone).
so, yeah. pictures tomorrow. lol exciting, i know

DeckardCain

lalalalala

Post by DeckardCain »

Our power finally came back on, after being off for an hour and a half or so. No one seems to know why.

East Buc & UMR

lalalalala

Post by East Buc & UMR »

that is funny... good ole tj

LibertyMarie

lalalalala

Post by LibertyMarie »

yeah not the best pictures I've ever taken, but it was the best I could do with what I had...maybe between the three of them you can get some idea...

flycaitiee69

lalalalala

Post by flycaitiee69 »

LibertyMarie wrote:
OMG HE IS SOOOOO HOTT!!!!!!!!!!  HOTTEST BOI I'VE SEEN AT DRURY.  hahaha
I can't believe my dream had him -exactly- as how he looks, I don't know if I've gotten that good a look at him before AL...

but still...he is beautiful.  so sweet, so beautiful...

caitlin, I need to tell you about this dream sometime.  probably in person.  remind me.  it's entertaining, i promise (i know ms sailors was always all "gaah i hate it when people have to tell you your dreams," i really have no idea if that's a common opinion...)
lol
oh, and i still need to tell you about bananas and my health-class std presentation ...
:innocent:
hahaha yes, please do tell me about these bananas and stds and dreams! it all sounds lovely haha....

speaking of beautiful boys...last night two of brian's friends came to visit...TWINS! and they were gorgeous hahaha. i am so awful. oh well. i told brian the night before when he first said they were coming that i wanted to make out with them because it'd be two at a time....

;)

we all (brian, jayne, twins [TWINS!], me) ended up stranded out at the train tracks (=in the middle of NOWHERE) for about three hours. jayne's car battery died, so we called eric to come get us. 45 minutes later, when he still wasn't there, we called him....he had ended up in a ditch and -his- car was dead.... so we hung out for a long time...tried to push jayne's car away from the house (it's in the middle of nowhere, but there is this one random house -right next- to the bridge), but it was way too heavy, even with all the guys...and sometimes me (although i was the designated 'flashlight holder' haha [i don't think they thought i was hardcore to help push, at least not until they got tired and desperate]) pushing.

and i was looped out on benadryl during this entire time. and of course it was the most that stuff has affected me in years. we were all sitting in the car just waiting and i'm sinking lower and lower in my seat with my jacket over me and i hear one of the twins: [sing-songy] someone's knocked out on beeeenaaadryyyyyyl....

it was an interesting night.

how did we finally get back? once eric got his car out and running (apparently there was dirt in the tailpipe?!), the police officer who helped him came out and helped us. he gave us a jump, checked our IDs (only the guys had licenses; jayne and i just had our school IDs, so he wrote our SS#s down--after we left i was like, 'guys, i'm still pretty out of it...i'm not sure i gave him the right number. i might have made that up...'), told us we weren't in trouble, and sent us on our way. he was behind us all the way back toward town, and as we finally got back on 63, he passed us...then turned his lights on at us! scared the crap out of us, haha....

and that was how we explored kirksville(/millard) last night.

LibertyMarie

lalalalala

Post by LibertyMarie »

hahaha, wow. glad you all lived to tell the tale...
how does someone get his car out of a ditch without a tow truck?? (well ok i guess there might've been a tow truck involved that just wasn't mentioned.)

yeah when the nurse gave me benadryl she gave me explicit instructions to only take it right before bed. (hey, maybe my crazy dreamage has something to do with that.) "you don't want so sleep through all your classes the last week!" *shrug*

LibertyMarie

lalalalala

Post by LibertyMarie »

i'm cold.

East Buc & UMR

lalalalala

Post by East Buc & UMR »

and the award for

LibertyMarie

lalalalala

Post by LibertyMarie »

hey shut up, i'm unkilling the board.

East Buc & UMR

lalalalala

Post by East Buc & UMR »

it might be dead because it is a saturday and people have better things to do.hahaha On that note dinner time

LibertyMarie

lalalalala

Post by LibertyMarie »

yeah, except that's never happened to so many people on this board before...haha
and for the record, i'm not letting myself do anything better because i have a bajizzle papers to write.
wait...something is wrong with this picture...

AC160

lalalalala

Post by AC160 »

East Buc & UMR wrote: it might be dead because it is a saturday and people have better things to do.hahaha On that note dinner time
Not everyone has better things to do.

Jeffrey Hill

lalalalala

Post by Jeffrey Hill »

DeckardCain wrote: Our power finally came back on, after being off for an hour and a half or so. No one seems to know why.
Ours just flickered a couple of times... I'm guessing yours might have gone out (or flickered enough to kill your computer), considering I asked you if the power was OK over there and you disconnected a few seconds later.

It's nice to have a UPS...

:D Although I keep forgetting to grab the cable that never seemed to make it out of the box to connect it to a USB port for auto shut down... I'll finally remember once I'm home

DeckardCain

lalalalala

Post by DeckardCain »

Yeah, our power just went off for about ten seconds. The electric company must be having problems.

East Buc & UMR

lalalalala

Post by East Buc & UMR »

Well one of the things I've learned (one of like 5) from Power systems is why the power flickers. If a line gets hit by lightning thus shorting out the rest of the lines (in a three phrase system with all lines are). To prevent a short to the rest of the lines and causing damage they power system has several circuit breakers in the lines if they trip it goes out till the line has gotten rid of the charge in it. That is why it will go out for only a few second or just flicker.

If it goes out awhile the strike hit a transformer on your grid.

Jeffrey Hill

lalalalala

Post by Jeffrey Hill »

Well, I can tell you sometime since Friday morning the RC lost power long enough for my brilliantly engineered atomic alarm clock to lose alarm data. (Sorry if I've already mentioned this on here before) Yes Sony, the clock will reset itself (signal reception dependent of course), but you kinda need a battery backup for the alarms!

I guess my accidental shutting down the computer instead of merely setting it to sleep Friday morning wasn't too bad after all. (I subsequently unplugged it since it was already off anyway)

Do you know if the power went off anywhere else when it was off for that hour and a half TMCE?

DeckardCain

lalalalala

Post by DeckardCain »

Yes, it was off at the RC as well.

Strangest thing... the bookstore next door to TJ had power, but Mobil, Panera and basically everything south along 63 was out down to Multi. Everything else was on to Wal-Mart and beyond, but everything was out on Kingshighway.

LibertyMarie

lalalalala

Post by LibertyMarie »

:reads something about power going out and walmart:

ever been at walmart during a tornado warning?

East Buc & UMR

lalalalala

Post by East Buc & UMR »

state 2003 night before the tournament... and the saturday of the tournament. Had to go to the center of the store both times.

Jeffrey Hill

lalalalala

Post by Jeffrey Hill »

East Buc & UMR wrote: state 2003 night before the tournament... and the saturday of the tournament. Had to go to the center of the store both times.
Funny how you were at Wal-Mart both times... or did they go off more than twice that weekend? We were just getting to the Boone Tavern when the went off Friday evening; Kyle and I had already gone back with the rest of the family when Camp and Jones went back to Jones' parents house after they went off again.

East Buc & UMR

lalalalala

Post by East Buc & UMR »

yeah friday went with Brenna I forget what she needed. Saturday mom and dad came to town...and who would pass up free stuff

LibertyMarie

lalalalala

Post by LibertyMarie »

heh. sweet. they didn't make us do anything for a while...and some people were more concerned with things like finding easter eggs/peeps or not using SOLUTION OF DOOM than survival...but we were eventually herded to the middle. "so that it'd be easier to find the bodies." *shrug*

LibertyMarie

lalalalala

Post by LibertyMarie »

anyone watch grey's? OMG, i hate alex SOOOOO MUCH
oh course, i only started it recently, so i don't have the utter hatred for addison that the viewer is probably intended to have...but still. alex=major jerk-face.

LibertyMarie

lalalalala

Post by LibertyMarie »

i want my camera for this weekend (it still takes pictures)...so it will wait to be sent in. so hey, maybe if you're lucky you'll get to see the poor dead thing.

AC160

lalalalala

Post by AC160 »

Mayday. Mayday.

libertymark

lalalalala

Post by libertymark »

LibertyMarie wrote: anyone watch grey's? OMG, i hate alex SOOOOO MUCH
i watch every week, i even have season one on my computer. i agree that alex is stupid, no where near my favorite.

LibertyMarie

lalalalala

Post by LibertyMarie »

who is your favorite? lol

S.C.Mitchell07

lalalalala

Post by S.C.Mitchell07 »

LibertyMarie wrote: who is your favorite? lol
Izzie.

LibertyMarie

lalalalala

Post by LibertyMarie »

George.

Or else this vet guy...

AC160

lalalalala

Post by AC160 »

One more final, wahoo.

libertymark

lalalalala

Post by libertymark »

um thats a tought one...i guess i would go for george, meredeth is my second.

LibertyMarie

lalalalala

Post by LibertyMarie »

gah, I can't stand meredith!! she's so whiny...lol

AC160

lalalalala

Post by AC160 »

No more school for about 16 weeks yay!

LibertyMarie

lalalalala

Post by LibertyMarie »

LibertyMarie wrote: anyone watch grey's? OMG, i hate alex SOOOOO MUCH
awwww alex!!!

LibertyMarie

lalalalala

Post by LibertyMarie »

I don't remember where we were discussing this, but, yeah...

flycaitiee69

lalalalala

Post by flycaitiee69 »

hey--who are these people (currently):
head of department of state
head of department of defense
national security adviser

???

Jeffrey Hill

lalalalala

Post by Jeffrey Hill »

flycaitiee69 wrote: hey--who are these people (currently):
head of department of state
head of department of defense
national security adviser

???
Condoleezza Rice, Donald Rumsfeld, Stephen Hadley, respectively.

flycaitiee69

lalalalala

Post by flycaitiee69 »

thank you much.

:)

KentB

lalalalala

Post by KentB »

mo asked me those same things last night .... gov. final .. blarg