Looking for practice material?
Find thousands of packets FREE for study and practice on the Quizbowl Packet Archive!
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:39 am

The Zetaboards migration... 

Location: In between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown (aka Johnson County, KS)
Post The Zetaboards migration...
Well this is annoying. Too bad there's not an easy way to migrate to phpBB or I'd be ready to host it myself.

The font was way too big so I edited the CSS to make it a little smaller (hopefully I didn't make it unbearably small for anyone else). I also got rid of the annoying dark background.

I also got the color scheme changed away from the annoying dark blue and orange.

The only thing I noticed (so far) that doesn't work on this system is the [size] tag, which hopefully shouldn't affect too many posts (one that comes to mind is the state records list)

<div class="editby">Edited by <a href='http://s4.zetaboards.com/Academic_Competition/profile/88961/'>U. Lou Sthagaim</a>, Oct 19 2008, 07:28:42 PM.</div>

Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:00 pm
Profile WWW

So I go off on a trip to Minneapolis for 2 days and all the sudden I come back to this?

Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:00 am

If you look at some posts by the Fordland folks in the Preseason polls, you'll see that their avatars spill over outside of the tables.

Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:02 am

Location: In between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown (aka Johnson County, KS)
I added a little javascript to add links to hsquizbowl, MSHSAA, and MACA under the board logo. Let me know if this makes that link bar look wrong on your computer. (If javascript is disabled, you won't see the links)

I noticed the avatar overflow as well and fixed that too.

Also recovered the smilies that aren't discolored Smurfs, and the thread envelope icons from the board I created a few years ago to play around with the InvisionBoard control panel.

<div class="editby">Edited by <a href='http://s4.zetaboards.com/Academic_Competition/profile/88961/'>U. Lou Sthagaim</a>, Oct 20 2008, 09:37:49 PM.</div>

Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:28 pm
Profile WWW

ScoBo1987 wrote:
Too bad there's not an easy way to migrate to phpBB or I'd be ready to host it myself.
I stumbled onto this, but I have no idea if this is what we would need.

Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:53 pm
Profile WWW

I don't think it's going to work anyway... apparently my hosting account doesn't support PHP. Very annoyed about that

Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:35 pm
Profile WWW

Location: Riding a Mule down the Katy Trail to the State Fair
Maybe my eyesight is turning to crap, but the font's too small now.

Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:23 pm

L-Town Expatriate wrote:
Maybe my eyesight is turning to crap, but the font's too small now.
This is quite possibly Zetaboards; I thought the default was too big so I made it smaller. Of course, the default stylesheet uses a percentage value instead of a font size so I'm not exactly sure what I changed about it.

--edit--
Yes, it was because I made the default font smaller. The font size of thread titles and post content were not explicitly specified so both used the body default, so when I changed the default size that's why everything ended up being so small. I've reverted the default font to 10pt Verdana (Verdana was the default font on InvisionFree).

<div class="editby">Edited by <a href='http://s4.zetaboards.com/Academic_Competition/profile/88961/'>U. Lou Sthagaim</a>, Oct 25 2008, 12:31:06 AM.</div>

Fri Oct 24, 2008 11:16 pm
Profile WWW

Keep the font the way it is, all that matters is the messages.

Sat Oct 25, 2008 12:18 am