Looking for practice material?

Find thousands of free archived packets for practice and study from the Quizbowl Packet Archive!

Facebook

Discussion of non-quizbowl topics
AShoaib

Facebook

Post by AShoaib »

Does anybody here use Facebook? Being like me, I've been amazed at how many people are using it, and how many features it has! One hell of a server!

My profile, because you know you want to.

East Buc & UMR

Facebook

Post by East Buc & UMR »

ecks

Facebook

Post by ecks »

East Buc & UMR

Facebook

Post by East Buc & UMR »

Senior and Grad in 09?

Ravi Fernando

Facebook

Post by Ravi Fernando »

ecks

Facebook

Post by ecks »

East Buc & UMR wrote: Senior and Grad in 09?
Noooo I'm a junior now. Although I guess technically I'm a senior by credits, but those 30 credits that AP tests got me won't get me out of Truman any time sooner.

Charlie Dees

Facebook

Post by Charlie Dees »

Look up "Charlie Dees" I'm not part of Northtown's network because school is anal and blocked it bigtime, which bothers me because they still track students who use it at home.

ecks

Facebook

Post by ecks »

ashkenaziCD wrote: Look up "Charlie Dees" I'm not part of Northtown's network because school is anal and blocked it bigtime, which bothers me because they still track students who use it at home.
What do you mean they track people who use it at home? They can't do anything if you're not doing anything illegal or against the honor code or whatever, right? I can't imagine facebook being so evil that they would ban students from using it from home.

Charlie Dees

Facebook

Post by Charlie Dees »

No, but our school is weird.

Our school blocks the confirmation emails from facebook, so you have to use a regular email and are thus prevented from joining the school group.
Our school also follows facebooks and looks for anything questionable (they also do that on xanga, myspace, and other blogs they find) and then may punish students for what they post (this year they got after kids who posted pictures of themselves drinking).

I would be fine with the school punishing kids and tracking them, but only if the school simultaneously didn't prevent you from joining NKC's network.

East Buc & UMR

Facebook

Post by East Buc & UMR »

UMB prevent those same emails

ecks

Facebook

Post by ecks »

ashkenaziCD wrote: Our school also follows facebooks and looks for anything questionable (they also do that on xanga, myspace, and other blogs they find) and then may punish students for what they post (this year they got after kids who posted pictures of themselves drinking).
This tempts me to invoke Godwin's Law.

redliberte

Facebook

Post by redliberte »

mmm, facebook crack.

DeckardCain

Facebook

Post by DeckardCain »

linkage

Also, check out the group for this board (there's a thread about it here somewhere)