Looking for practice material?

Find thousands of free archived packets for practice and study from the Quizbowl Packet Archive!

things that suck...

Discussion of non-quizbowl topics
redliberte

things that suck...

Post by redliberte »

Boys.

LibertyMarie

things that suck...

Post by LibertyMarie »

redliberte wrote: Boys.
I second that.

LibertyMarie

things that suck...

Post by LibertyMarie »

LibertyMarie wrote: Walking to class in the rain! : P
oooh, little did I know.
Walking to class after it's been raining all night and the streets and sidewalks are flooded...wet shoes and socks, wet jeans...GAH

KentB

things that suck...

Post by KentB »

LibertyMarie @ Apr 8 2008, 09:11 AM

LibertyMarie

things that suck...

Post by LibertyMarie »

KentB wrote: LibertyMarie @ Apr 8 2008, 09:11 AM
eh?

scphilli

things that suck...

Post by scphilli »

redliberte wrote: Boys.
Oh God. Behave Sean...remember this is a high school message board...

L-Town Expatriate
Location: Riding a Mule down the Katy Trail to the State Fair

things that suck...

Post by L-Town Expatriate »

DeckardCain

things that suck...

Post by DeckardCain »

L-Town Expatriate wrote: This.
True enough. Image

redliberte

things that suck...

Post by redliberte »

L-Town Expatriate wrote: This.
fo' sho.

LibertyMarie

things that suck...

Post by LibertyMarie »

still having class even though the professor won't be there...
and having to LEAD the class. : P

redliberte

things that suck...

Post by redliberte »

LibertyMarie wrote: still having class even though the professor won't be there...
and having to LEAD the class. : P
eww, gross.

apparently, my dvd/cd-rom drive in my laptop sucks. or quite possibly, the entirety of my laptop sucks. is there any reason why a dvd without a scratch on it, that played fine once i put it in another computer, would skip like crazy and have the sound go all garble-y when it plays in my computer?

L-Town Expatriate

things that suck...

The economy.

redliberte

things that suck...

Post by redliberte »

S.C.Mitchell07

things that suck...

Post by S.C.Mitchell07 »

Women suck, because if I said girls suck Chris Hansen would be at my front door within the hour.

scphilli

things that suck...

Post by scphilli »

Being addicted to American Idol and Big Brother. I feel so dirty, yet I can't stop watching.

Charlie Dees

things that suck...

Post by Charlie Dees »

Vacuums.

Jeffrey Hill
Location: In between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown (aka Johnson County, KS)

things that suck...

Post by Jeffrey Hill »

scphilli wrote:...American Idol and Big Brother...

LibertyMarie

things that suck...

Post by LibertyMarie »

(This is not something that sucks, but a comment upon American Idol.)

I caught a couple minutes of American Idol while I was waiting for food...oh my gah.

My friend: "So are you excited about [something boring we were doing later]?"
Me: "uh..."
TV: :opening chords of Superstar from Jesus Christ Superstar:
Me: "I'm excited about THAT!!!!"

so I watched whoever sing Superstar. I love that music...and I'm actually currently writing a paper about the show, haha.

scphilli

things that suck...

Post by scphilli »

LibertyMarie wrote: (This is not something that sucks, but a comment upon American Idol.)

I caught a couple minutes of American Idol while I was waiting for food...oh my gah.

My friend: "So are you excited about [something boring we were doing later]?"
Me: "uh..."
TV: :opening chords of Superstar from Jesus Christ Superstar:
Me: "I'm excited about THAT!!!!"

so I watched whoever sing Superstar. I love that music...and I'm actually currently writing a paper about the show, haha.
That was actually one of the few performances of last night that did NOT suck. Unlike the guy with dreadlocks singing "Memory" from Cats. He didn't bother to google or youtube it to find out that the song is supposed to be sung by a middle aged diva. Who is a cat. And goes to kitty kat heaven at the end of the song. In a spaceship.

Oh yeah and apart from that, Cats really really sucks.

redliberte

things that suck...

Post by redliberte »

i would concur that cats sucks, but something that is kind of cool is that my roommate went to high school with that guy with the dreadlocks on american idol.

LibertyMarie

things that suck...

Post by LibertyMarie »

I have "Memory" stuck in my head now. thanks. : P

How did David Cook do? My dad works with his mom...haha. I try to halfway pay attention to him. We're so vip-by-association, Steph!

redliberte

things that suck...

Post by redliberte »

LibertyMarie wrote: How did David Cook do? My dad works with his mom...haha. I try to halfway pay attention to him. We're so vip-by-association, Steph!
he sang music of the night. brie made me watch the clip... she was impressed, but i'm VERY picky about how people do that song, and i was not impressed.

plus i don't really like david cook, but eh.

LibertyMarie

things that suck...

Post by LibertyMarie »

redliberte wrote: she was impressed, but i'm VERY picky about how people do that song, and i was not impressed.
haha, that's exactly how I felt about Superstar.
I think David Cook is a cutie...but he's a little old to be rocking the look he's got going on.

um, back to things that suck...um...suspense. As in waiting to hear back about possible opportunities...

STPickrell

things that suck...

Post by STPickrell »

scphilli wrote: That was actually one of the few performances of last night that did NOT suck. Unlike the guy with dreadlocks singing "Memory" from Cats. He didn't bother to google or youtube it to find out that the song is supposed to be sung by a middle aged diva. Who is a cat. And goes to kitty kat heaven at the end of the song. In a spaceship.

Carly gets voted off while Jason gets to the Top 5. That sucks. I voted once for the old David and for Carly last week. If there had been a Virginian, I'd have voted like 5 or 6 times for said Virginian unless he stunk it up like Jason.

Carly even resisted the temptation to throw in some vocal pyrotechnics (which was a really annoying habit of hers.)

Seriously, Jason's performance Tuesday was bad. Bad at a level of the first few weeks where they play 15 seconds of some guy's performance and even Paula says they can't sing and then the guy starts using all seven of George Carlin's words.

scphilli

things that suck...

Post by scphilli »

STPickrell wrote:
scphilli wrote: That was actually one of the few performances of last night that did NOT suck.  Unlike the guy with dreadlocks singing "Memory" from Cats.  He didn't bother to google or youtube it to find out that the song is supposed to be sung by a middle aged diva.  Who is a cat.  And goes to kitty kat heaven at the end of the song.  In a spaceship.

Carly gets voted off while Jason gets to the Top 5. That sucks. I voted once for the old David and for Carly last week. If there had been a Virginian, I'd have voted like 5 or 6 times for said Virginian unless he stunk it up like Jason.

Carly even resisted the temptation to throw in some vocal pyrotechnics (which was a really annoying habit of hers.)

Seriously, Jason's performance Tuesday was bad. Bad at a level of the first few weeks where they play 15 seconds of some guy's performance and even Paula says they can't sing and then the guy starts using all seven of George Carlin's words.
Really all 6 of these people suck in each of their own ways. Jason: stoner who does the same Jack Johnson crap every week and is BORING. Archuletta: wind-up toy/punching bag for Papa Rose and comes off like a kid playing dressup. (Seriously, I don't need a 17 year old to point out stuff like homelessness and world hunger to me. There's a reason "Up With People" isn't around anymore.) Carly: really crappy personality who maybe was good twice all along. But seeing as how she's already put out an album that a label spent like $2 million promoting and sold maybe about 1000 copies, it really shouldn't come off as too big a shock when America rejects her yet again. Brooke: on the verge of A COMPLETE FREAKING BREAKDOWN ON NATIONAL TELEVISION EVERY WEEK (one of these nights it's just gonna be ugly) which doesn't exactly scream "professional musician." David Cook: just incredibly pompous and icky Daughtry wannabe and Daughtry was a copy of Fuel and that ilk. Remember that movie Multiplicity where Michael Keaton cloned himself, and then a clone cloned himself and the copy of the copy was a complete retard? That's kinda how I look at Cook. Syesha: again crappy personality. If any of these idiots had a hit record in two years I'd probably die of shock.

DeckardCain

things that suck...

Post by DeckardCain »

scphilli wrote: Really all 6 of these people suck in each of their own ways.
Thread won in just over a dozen words.

Funsizeazn

things that suck...

Post by Funsizeazn »

calc BC. *grumble grumble*

STPickrell

things that suck...

Post by STPickrell »

Funsizeazn wrote: calc BC. *grumble grumble*
True story. I took AP Calculus in 12th grade (1993). When we actually took the test, we were then asked to fill in the "Calc AB" or "Calc BC" bubble. As a group, my class took about 5-6 minutes trying to figure out which one we were taking, as the existence of a Calculus BC class was hitherto unknown to us.

L-Town Expatriate

things that suck...

Leaving my British girlfriend each morning to go to work.

Jeffrey Hill
Location: In between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown (aka Johnson County, KS)

things that suck...

Post by Jeffrey Hill »

Laugh tracks.

Specifically, the one on The Big Bang Theory... WAY too loud and distracting. At least I find the show entertaining enough to put up with it.

scphilli

things that suck...

Post by scphilli »

ScoBo1987 wrote: Laugh tracks.

Specifically, the one on The Big Bang Theory... WAY too loud and distracting. At least I find the show entertaining enough to put up with it.
You should've heard the one on The Return of Jezebel James. Not only was the show painfully unfunny, but the laugh track sounded so canned and out of place it seemed to be bleeding in from the studio audience in a nearby lot.

FordATeam/CC

things that suck...

Post by FordATeam/CC »

Watching for State results yesterday from a computer. :angry:

PenforPrez

things that suck...

Post by PenforPrez »

Confusing recipes.

A friend of mine sent me some cookbooks, and I found a good recipe in one: Grilled ham and gouda cheese with caramelized onions. It called for frisee, which I've never even heard of.

:unsure: I went down to the Dierberg's in Brentwood yesterday, and turns out the produce section no longer sells it.

So I wound up just having the grilled ham and gouda on sourdough. Mmmmmmmmm. . . .

:D

redliberte

things that suck...

Post by redliberte »

incompetent chem professors who don't assign grades based on the system the rest of the college uses.

oh, and quite possibly clinical depression.

STPickrell

things that suck...

Post by STPickrell »

L-Town Expatriate wrote: Leaving my British girlfriend each morning to go to work.
so how long is she over here?

Jeffrey Hill

things that suck...

Post by Jeffrey Hill »

Throwing out a bunch of cookies because a bunch of ants found them last night...

In general, all the stupid ants around here.

L-Town Expatriate

things that suck...

STPickrell wrote:
L-Town Expatriate wrote: Leaving my British girlfriend each morning to go to work.
so how long is she over here?
She returned to England on Sunday.

I've felt incomplete since.

:(

scphilli

things that suck...

Post by scphilli »

This doesn't suck on its face, but it kinda skeezes me out and that feeling DOES suck so:

(NOT TO READ IF YOU ARE FAINT OF HEART. HAVE SMELLING SALTS AT THE READY.)

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfg ... y_id=26917

Seriously. This is for real. Like Kyle & his girlfriend for real. In fact, I think between the two all we need is Mueller to get a girl preggers and a wondeful famine before we can say the apocalypse is nigh.

LibertyMarie

things that suck...

Post by LibertyMarie »

ewwww, that is pretty nasty. oh clay aiken. "if i was invisible, then i would just watch you change your clothes..."

scphilli

things that suck...

Post by scphilli »

Having a broken shower...at least I don't have to pay a separate water bill.

DeckardCain

things that suck...

Post by DeckardCain »

George Carlin's death.

FishyFreshman

things that suck...

Post by FishyFreshman »

^ Yeah no kidding. It's amazing he made it this long.

scphilli

things that suck...

Post by scphilli »

The phrase: Emmy Nominees Ryan Seacrest and Howie Mandel.

redliberte

things that suck...

Post by redliberte »

scphilli wrote: The phrase: Emmy Nominees Ryan Seacrest and Howie Mandel.
oooh, second. that is bad.

Jeffrey Hill

things that suck...

Post by Jeffrey Hill »

Essays on tests that are about something that you barely discussed in class, isn't really discussed in any of the official textbooks for the class, and the actual source that posits the theory to be discussed (which is conveniently partially accessible on Google Books) doesn't seem to help much either. I can't imagine how annoyed I would have been if this essay question had not been given beforehand.

DeckardCain

things that suck...

Post by DeckardCain »

ScoBo1987 wrote: Essays on tests that are about something that you barely discussed in class, isn't really discussed in any of the official textbooks for the class, and the actual source that posits the theory to be discussed (which is conveniently partially accessible on Google Books) doesn't seem to help much either. I can't imagine how annoyed I would have been if this essay question had not been given beforehand.
This.

L-Town Expatriate

things that suck...

Corporate Welfare up the wazoo.

Glad to hear I'm helping save the collective hides of know-nothing scuzzbuckets who spend just as much time on a tropical vacation isle as they do on Manhattan and Long islands.

Jeffrey Hill

things that suck...

Post by Jeffrey Hill »

Aforementioned essay... yeah... I was able to write a decent amount but completely walked around the point. There are about 2 or 3 lines partially addressing the actual question and the rest is pretty much random stuff about the same 5 or so presidents. Definitely don't have much faith in that class anymore.

L-Town Expatriate

things that suck...

This new joke:

"In America, Soviet Russia suck. In Soviet Russia, Soviet Russia suck money and freedom from YOU!!"

Jeffrey Hill

things that suck...

Post by Jeffrey Hill »

My iMac's power supply failed. Semi-convenient that it happened less than a week after I build my Ubuntu machine. Not a good week for it though (very busy with career fair and all), and the main tech on campus is apparently on vacation until the end of the month.

- My optical drive failed after about 1.5 years.
- About 2 3/4 years in the motherboard failed. So lucky that it happened when it did because my AppleCare was about to expire.
- And now this (about 3 1/4 years).

Advice: if you must buy Apple hardware - don't buy the first generation of ANY Apple product. Their designs are usually so unconventional that there are always significant bugs in the first revision. And their increase in market share is resulting in a terrible reduction in attention to quality, which is only going to make things worse. Oh, and unless you're an ultra-casual user, you MUST pay the extra money to get AppleCare.

Something related that doesn't suck: the power extensions I ordered for the inside of my case arrived today and helped to straighten out the inside of the case - very quick for cheap shipping; of course, they came from Kentucky. And my optical drive is right-side up and secure now!