Looking for practice material?

Find thousands of free archived packets for practice and study from the Quizbowl Packet Archive!

O'Fallon, MO

Discussion of non-quizbowl topics
FZW Coach

O'Fallon, MO

Post by FZW Coach »

According to a realtor website (relocate-america.com), O'fallon, Missouri was named as the 9th best place to live in the United States. Of course, O'fallon is home of such excellence as the River City Rascals (minor league baseball team), St. Dominic High School, Fort Zumwalt North High School, and my personal favorite Fort Zumwalt West High School!

I invite all of you to move to one of the best places to live in the country.

Of course, I actually live just down the road in St. Peters, which is where Fort Zumwalt South is located. Nonetheless, you are all welcome to pay us a visit and spend your tourism money. For the right price, I will even give you a tour of the fabulous city myself!

:)

DeckardCain

O'Fallon, MO

Post by DeckardCain »

That's interesting... I wonder how strong the correlation is between statistics like this and success in quiz bowl.

ecks

O'Fallon, MO

Post by ecks »

FZW Coach wrote: According to a realtor website (relocate-america.com), O'fallon, Missouri was named as the 9th best place to live in the United States. Of course, O'fallon is home of such excellence as the River City Rascals (minor league baseball team), St. Dominic High School, Fort Zumwalt North High School, and my personal favorite Fort Zumwalt West High School!

I invite all of you to move to one of the best places to live in the country.

Of course, I actually live just down the road in St. Peters, which is where Fort Zumwalt South is located. Nonetheless, you are all welcome to pay us a visit and spend your tourism money. For the right price, I will even give you a tour of the fabulous city myself!

:)
I find it interesting that 1 in the top 10 cities on that site and 14 of the top 100 are college towns. Does that seem a bit disproportionate?

MikeWormdog

O'Fallon, MO

Post by MikeWormdog »

I don't think that's disproportionate at all. I think 14 out of 100 might be a bit low. College towns in general offer lots of benefits, often equalling those of larger cities. The towns' populaces are generally well-educated, and the areas have a youthful vitality. Schools are usually pretty good, partly because lots of students are kids of faculty members, and teachers are often graduates of the nearby university. Cultural events, concerts, sporting events are often available and plentiful because of the university and its students. Also, lots of retirees like living near universities, since they often offer free classes to senior citizens, not to mention the orchestral performances, plays, museum exhibits, etc., that most major universities have regularly. Universities are also big employers that have lots of jobs and good benefits. Also, since the cities aren't generally that big, housing is pretty affordable.