Team Missouri A finishes sixth in all-star tournament!
Congratulations to Team Missouri A for earning sixth place out of twenty-nine teams in the 2018 National All-Star Academic Tournament! Team Missouri B finished in nineteenth place.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:55 am

O'Fallon, MO 

Post O'Fallon, MO
According to a realtor website (relocate-america.com), O'fallon, Missouri was named as the 9th best place to live in the United States. Of course, O'fallon is home of such excellence as the River City Rascals (minor league baseball team), St. Dominic High School, Fort Zumwalt North High School, and my personal favorite Fort Zumwalt West High School!

I invite all of you to move to one of the best places to live in the country.

Of course, I actually live just down the road in St. Peters, which is where Fort Zumwalt South is located. Nonetheless, you are all welcome to pay us a visit and spend your tourism money. For the right price, I will even give you a tour of the fabulous city myself! :)

Fri Apr 20, 2007 9:58 am

Post O'Fallon, MO
That's interesting... I wonder how strong the correlation is between statistics like this and success in quiz bowl.

Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:51 pm
Profile WWW

Post O'Fallon, MO
FZW Coach wrote:
According to a realtor website (relocate-america.com), O'fallon, Missouri was named as the 9th best place to live in the United States. Of course, O'fallon is home of such excellence as the River City Rascals (minor league baseball team), St. Dominic High School, Fort Zumwalt North High School, and my personal favorite Fort Zumwalt West High School!

I invite all of you to move to one of the best places to live in the country.

Of course, I actually live just down the road in St. Peters, which is where Fort Zumwalt South is located. Nonetheless, you are all welcome to pay us a visit and spend your tourism money. For the right price, I will even give you a tour of the fabulous city myself! :)

I find it interesting that 1 in the top 10 cities on that site and 14 of the top 100 are college towns. Does that seem a bit disproportionate?

Sun Apr 22, 2007 11:46 pm
Profile WWW

Post O'Fallon, MO
I don't think that's disproportionate at all. I think 14 out of 100 might be a bit low. College towns in general offer lots of benefits, often equalling those of larger cities. The towns' populaces are generally well-educated, and the areas have a youthful vitality. Schools are usually pretty good, partly because lots of students are kids of faculty members, and teachers are often graduates of the nearby university. Cultural events, concerts, sporting events are often available and plentiful because of the university and its students. Also, lots of retirees like living near universities, since they often offer free classes to senior citizens, not to mention the orchestral performances, plays, museum exhibits, etc., that most major universities have regularly. Universities are also big employers that have lots of jobs and good benefits. Also, since the cities aren't generally that big, housing is pretty affordable.

Sun Apr 29, 2007 7:27 pm