Team Missouri A finishes sixth in all-star tournament!
Congratulations to Team Missouri A for earning sixth place out of twenty-nine teams in the 2018 National All-Star Academic Tournament! Team Missouri B finished in nineteenth place.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:03 pm

i phone 

Post i phone
Have you guys seen this cool new gadget by Mac. It is pretty awesome but the price is pretty high. Are any of you guys getting one?

Sat Jan 13, 2007 2:56 pm

Post i phone
No... I´m happy with my old clunker phone that doesn´t have a camera or music or anything because it works for its purpose ... as I phone. I also have an iPod .... so no need to combine the two.

Also, it might not be called iPhone ... depending on if Cisco settles their case. They legally have the rights to the name iPhone and Apple doesn´t really stand a chance of winning that case because they clearly ripped off the copyrighted name here thinking that Cisco would fold.

Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:02 pm
Profile WWW

Post i phone
i won't get one, but i will certainly swing by someplace they're sold (would it be the apple store or just the cingular store?) at some point to admire one. so beautiful.
lol

Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:24 pm

Location: In between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown (aka Johnson County, KS)
Post i phone
If it were only $300 or so I might have considered it but I could get an 80 GB iPod and still come out cheaper than a 4 GB iPhone after considering the cost of my new phone. Yes I wouldn't have all the PDA-like capabilities and the tight integration but I don't really need them. My personal need aside, it does look like a cleaner and more user-friendly design than other smart phones.

I will be absolutely shocked if Apple wins the trademark dispute. The latest Cisco trademark filing (1996) says "computer hardware and software for providing integrated telephone communication with computerized global information networks" Isn't that basically what a cell phone is?? Their cell phone versus VoIP phone argument should not hold up against that description. Now if VoIP were specifically mentioned in the trademark filing they might have a case but not really. I also don't see it as the same as the use of the Mc prefix that McDonald's fought against a while back.

I am starting to hate Apple's business practices more and more... but that doesn't change the fact that I prefer their computers vastly more than other brands.

Sat Jan 13, 2007 4:36 pm
Profile WWW

Post i phone
ScoBo1987 wrote:
I am starting to hate Apple's business practices more and more... but that doesn't change the fact that I prefer their computers vastly more than other brands.

They're not a computer company anymore. Apple, Inc.

Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:24 pm

Post i phone
iPhone costs to much

Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:11 pm
Profile YIM WWW

Post i phone
I know that they are expensive, but I heard that they will be able to access the internet with all of its capabilities, if that is true which I’m not sure it is but if it is to me it would be worth it.

Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:16 pm

Location: In between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown (aka Johnson County, KS)
Post i phone
chad wrote:
I know that they are expensive, but I heard that they will be able to access the internet with all of its capabilities, if that is true which I’m not sure it is but if it is to me it would be worth it.

Yeah you can access the internet but GPRS is sloooooooooowwwwww. It's really only useful over WiFi

Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:39 pm
Profile WWW