Looking for practice material?

Find thousands of free archived packets for practice and study from the Quizbowl Packet Archive!

Questions Galore

Discussion of quizbowl topics not related to specific tournaments
DavidH

Questions Galore

Post by DavidH »

Well, this is a bit delayed, but I think everyone needs to know about the abyssmal questions of Questions Galore. I posted once before about them, and I still think they suck. I just felt it necessary to start a separate thread for the bashing of this company. So if you ever feel down and want to take out some aggression, just come here and talk about how terrible QG is. I, for one, truly hate QG. Piss on QG.

B_Mahan

Questions Galore

Post by B_Mahan »

I agree and I'm only a FRESHMAN. But no;thing is worse than Triple Q

MissCae

Questions Galore

Post by MissCae »

This is why you should tell all your coaches to buy from Maverick Questions. Where do they use Questions Galore? And is Avery doing the state questions this year??

MoundCityBMW...T

Questions Galore

Post by MoundCityBMW...T »

yes, Avery is doing the questions for state...

B_Mahan

Questions Galore

Post by B_Mahan »

I heard Avery questions are long and lead to nowhere.

L-Town Expatriate
Location: Riding a Mule down the Katy Trail to the State Fair

Questions Galore

Post by L-Town Expatriate »

MoundCityBMW...T wrote: yes, Avery is doing the questions for state...
Aww, crap!

Another reason to plug in the need to create CCOMBB. (Well, just in case we don't become a subsidiary of NAQT or CBI...)

mujason

Questions Galore

Post by mujason »

Of course, MSHSAA won't let Missourians write the questions; I still think NAQT should become MSHSAA's format; they have good questions and with the shorter matches, the state tournament could be a round-robin with double-elim playoffs and still take about the same amount of time.

tcarroll

Questions Galore

Post by tcarroll »

B_Mahan wrote: I heard Avery questions are long and lead to nowhere.
Our Conference questions were like that. They were well-written, but they essentially penalized early guesses since incorrect answers gave the other team an unharried chance to hear the question from start to finish, and the clues got pretty obvious at the end of the question.

Oh, and there were lots of repeated questions--very specific repeated questions (two in the same tournament about Rip Van Winkle, two about Krypton) with barely changed wording. I hate that.