Looking for practice material?

Find thousands of free archived packets for practice and study from the Quizbowl Packet Archive!

St. Joe Christian

Discussion of quizbowl topics not related to specific tournaments
DavidH

St. Joe Christian

Post by DavidH »

Report: We won, Cameron got second, Oak Park probably got third I think. nthe tournament questions sucked and I had a headache all day. Surprisingly enough today marks the first time we have played a conference game (both Chillicothe and Cameron). Anyway they bought questions from "Questions Galore". Tell your coaches: these suck. They suck very badly. Do not use them at your tournaments unless you don't want teams to return. Anyway the most common types of question was grammar; either spelling or mechanics. Their was relatively no humanities, there was a ton of math and science; also the math and science mostly sucked. Here's an example question: "Give the most common abbreviation for the word 'headquarters'." (Tom buzzes in, answers "h.q.") he was wrong apparently... the answer given was: "hdqrts"

DeckardCain

St. Joe Christian

Post by DeckardCain »

I completely agree. Questions Galore is horrendous. We had those at Nixa last year I believe.

MoundCityBMW...T

St. Joe Christian

Post by MoundCityBMW...T »

Yeah...the questions on Saturday were terrible. I got so tired of spelling after like 2 rounds...there was more spelling than Literature, which bothered me tremendously...Plural form of Kielbasa?!? pshh...who needs more than one Kielbasa?

I'm so tired of losing by less than one 4th quarter question. We lost to Lexington by 10 pts...We lost to Oak Park by 15...

Tarkio scored the exact amount of points that we did in the morning and had the same record but for some reason they were ranked 3rd even though they played Team X. I wanted to play Cameron (at Liberty we lost to them by 5) and taste the sweet nectar of revenge but instead we played Oak Park and lost by 15...

I checked the stats and by a margin of 35 points MC would by 19-2 instead of 15-6. 35 Points!! one 15, 10, and two 5 point losses...

oh well... "I'll work harder tomorrow."