Looking for practice material?

Find thousands of free archived packets for practice and study from the Quizbowl Packet Archive!

Beware the Bearcats

Discussion of quizbowl topics not related to specific tournaments
jkath29

Beware the Bearcats

Post by jkath29 »

After going 16 years of my life 100% sure that I was going to Mizzou after high school, I have been accepted, and will attend, Southwest Baptist University.

No, I'm not going there because of a disappointing ACT score (if you want to know what it is I'll tell you, but trust me, it's not bad at all). And I'm not going because of poor grades. I am going because it is the best school in the area for what I am going to be in life.

But Anyway, the purpose of this thread is to let everyone know that even though SBU does not have a academic team as we speak, rest assured they will for the next four years.

So...beware the Bearcats.

Note: This post was written with a humerous tone, and though true, should not be taken too seriously by those who read it.

L-Town Expatriate
Location: Riding a Mule down the Katy Trail to the State Fair

Beware the Bearcats

Post by L-Town Expatriate »

jkath29 wrote: After going 16 years of my life 100% sure that I was going to Mizzou after high school, I have been accepted, and will attend, Southwest Baptist University.

No, I'm not going there because of a disappointing ACT score (if you want to know what it is I'll tell you, but trust me, it's not bad at all).  And I'm not going because of poor grades.  I am going because it is the best school in the area for what I am going to be in life.

But Anyway, the purpose of this thread is to let everyone know that even though SBU does not have a academic team as we speak, rest assured they will for the next four years.

So...beware the Bearcats.

Note: This post was written with a humerous tone, and though true, should not be taken too seriously by those who read it.
At least we'll have a replacement conference foe since Rolla's chickening out of the MIAA. (I don't care how much we'll have to pay you to play football, you're still a bunch of chickens!!)

Southwest Baptist... try to find Lauren Howie. She'll be a junior there next fall and was on Liberty's team.

jkath29

Beware the Bearcats

Post by jkath29 »

I'll be on the lookout. Was she any good?

L-Town Expatriate

Beware the Bearcats

jkath29 wrote: I'll be on the lookout. Was she any good?
She wasn't on the state roster senior year, but she has some experience. Her brother Daniel's on the Oklahoma team.

LibertyMarie

Beware the Bearcats

Post by LibertyMarie »

She's scary, Jared, beware!

L-Town Expatriate

Beware the Bearcats

LibertyMarie wrote: She's scary, Jared, beware!

Timid, though.

Hopefully she hasn't had more scarring Waffle House learning experiences, of which I will not elaborate on.