Looking for practice material?

Find thousands of free archived packets for practice and study from the Quizbowl Packet Archive!

Editors & writers needed - paid

Discussion of quizbowl topics not related to specific tournaments
socalcaptain

Editors & writers needed - paid

Post by socalcaptain »

The first step to solving a problem is admitting you have one, and preferably early enough to get help.

I'm not in crisis mode yet, but as I'm triaging my workload for the next few weeks it has become clear that I need help producing this year's quizbowl questions for SAGES, more so than I thought. Deadlines are quickly approaching and my own personal time is looking more and more limited. I think I've bitten off more than I can chew for one person, but I thought it best to admit that now and recruit the help while the projects are still doable.

While additional writers will be helpful as well, what I really need is someone else (or a couple of people) willing to edit. You don't need to be a subject matter "expert" necessarily, but you should have some conception of what the average 3rd-8th grade quizbowl player might know. I will give all the questions final edits, but I can't do all the first passes, write my own questions, and survive grad school all at once right now.

Payment is negotiable depending on how much workload you're willing to take on. The questions themselves are quite short, but there are just a lot of them to work through.

So, if you're willing to help, please get in touch with me ASAP and we'll work out an amenable arrangement so that sets can be delivered as promised to hosts.

DeckardCain

Re: Editors & writers needed - paid

Post by DeckardCain »

How close are your deadlines, Alex? I can help you out, but I'm not going to have much time at all until this weekend.

socalcaptain

Re: Editors & writers needed - paid

Post by socalcaptain »

PM'd you with more details, Matt!