Looking for practice material?

Find thousands of free archived packets for practice and study from the Quizbowl Packet Archive!

Mizzou Spring Tournament?

Discussion of quizbowl topics not related to specific tournaments
mujason

Post by mujason »

I've been thinking about having a spring high school tournament here at Mizzou and I'd like some input on the date, as I'd like to avoid the established big competitions. What date(s) are good for you?

DavidH

Post by DavidH »

Feb 4, Feb 11, Mar 26?, Late April...

tcarroll

Post by tcarroll »

Watch out for spring break during March and early April. We have a tournament the first weekend of our spring break. I'm not sure if we're even going to go, but I hope so, because we're already down one tournament from last year.

Jeffrey Hill
Location: In between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown (aka Johnson County, KS)

Post by Jeffrey Hill »

East Buc and UMR (predicted) wrote:February 19, 26, or March 5 would be best

L-Town Expatriate
Location: Riding a Mule down the Katy Trail to the State Fair

Post by L-Town Expatriate »

mujason wrote: I've been thinking about having a spring high school tournament here at Mizzou and I'd like some input on the date, as I'd like to avoid the established big competitions. What date(s) are good for you?
Aim for March 12. Savannah's the 19th.
The 12th is the start of midterm break up here, so maybe, quite possibly, I could volunteer my assistance if need be... perhaps closest I'll get to having a HS tournament at Truman this year.

DavidH

Post by DavidH »

March 12th is Cuba's tournament date. Good luck getting teams from the south end of the state on that day. I at least know Savannah (very not South MO) is going to Cuba for sure.