Looking for practice material?

Find thousands of free archived packets for practice and study from the Quizbowl Packet Archive!

Quality Questions for a Trivia Night Style Competition

Discussion of quizbowl topics not related to specific tournaments
KevinCrowder

Quality Questions for a Trivia Night Style Competition

Post by KevinCrowder »

I am hosting the Jefferson County Conference Middle School Competition this year. The format consists of 22 teams (11 seventh grade teams and 11 eighth grade team; 2 teams from each school). Each team has 7 players. Ten rounds are played with 15 questions each round (Q1-5 for 7th grade; Q6-10 for both; Q11-15 for 8th grade). This is the format I am required to use. The questions have always been written by the host school. I am not a fan of this and would like to purchase quality questions--likely not pyramidal, but quality none the less.

Any suggestions on where I could purchase such a beast? The categories are pretty common: science, math, lit., geography, current events, sports, etc.

Obviously, I would like to change this format to a tournament-style, but that may take time. This is a rather popular event that does allow for maximum participation. The Competition is late Feb./early March.

Thanks!

socalcaptain

Re: Quality Questions for a Trivia Night Style Competition

Post by socalcaptain »

Mr. Crowder, I'd likely be able to help you with this. I currently write elementary and middle school questions professionally, and they are in fact pyramidal. I'm sending you a message now.