Team Missouri A finishes sixth in all-star tournament!
Congratulations to Team Missouri A for earning sixth place out of twenty-nine teams in the 2018 National All-Star Academic Tournament! Team Missouri B finished in nineteenth place.
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:30 pm

Individual Players 

Post Individual Players
I had an interesting idea. What do you think would happen if the top individual players in the state squared off against each other in a tournament? Would such an event be possible/allowed by MSHSAA?

Thu Apr 15, 2004 7:54 pm
Profile WWW

Post Individual Players
Sounds like fun. What type of format would it be though? I don't think there would be a problem with MSHSAA. Similarly, having all eight state final teams playing in a small tournament. To my knowledge, there hasn't been a tournament this year that has had the top teams from every class. Just an informal tournament in mid-May. Something to think about.

Thu Apr 15, 2004 8:00 pm

Post Individual Players
I think that would be a lot of fun as well. It might be a good way to help select players for a Missouri team to enter the Panasonic national tournament.

Thu Apr 15, 2004 8:09 pm

Post Individual Players
A tournament of champions...that would be awesome. It should happen at least if not for fun this year...

Thu Apr 15, 2004 8:38 pm

Post Individual Players
My junoir year Lexington High was going to run a tournament like that, where the only teams invited were teams from state the year before. Only problem was the only teams that would go was the KC schools.

Thu Apr 15, 2004 8:52 pm
Profile WWW

Post Individual Players
Man, that would be so excellent...just make sure no more than 4 people play at once against each other....or it becomes a game of luck of who's light lights up after the clearing of a wrong answer. The only time I saw an individual shootout was at Mizzou two years ago. A lot of luck was involved.

But still, that would be extremely fun.
However, to make the tournament be a factor in the selection of Panasonic members, it'd have to be in march or something because they are selected by mid April.

Thu Apr 15, 2004 9:11 pm

Post Individual Players
wow...that'd be one amazing event! nerds vs. ultranerds. the thing is, i'd love to watch it. of course, i can use the term "nerd" and be politically correct because i am one.

Thu Apr 15, 2004 9:35 pm

Post Individual Players
I think they should have the all-state players from each class square off in a four team battle of four starters and four back-ups per team. I think that would be fun, and would show us which class is the best.

Sat Apr 17, 2004 3:07 pm
Post Individual Players
I don't see why you think only NC teams would show - if you held this tournament i'm sure plenty of STL schools would show up

Sun Apr 18, 2004 11:53 am