Looking for practice material?
Find thousands of archived packets FREE for practice and study use at the Quizbowl Packet Archive!
View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:08 am

HSNCT/SSNCT Survey Results 

Location: Riding a Mule down the Katy Trail to the State Fair
Post HSNCT/SSNCT Survey Results
NAQT has released the survey results from teams that attended this year's HSNCT in Chicago and SSNCT in Atlanta.

HSNCT: http://www.naqt.com/survey/2015-hsnct-s ... sults.html
SSNCT: http://www.naqt.com/survey/2015-ssnct-s ... sults.html

My initial take: seems teams thought there were too many sports and literature questions, but not enough mythology & pop culture. Scratching my head about that.

Thoughts?

Wed Jul 22, 2015 6:21 pm

Post Re: HSNCT/SSNCT Survey Results
I'm not quite sure how you're arriving at that conclusion. With the exception of sports, "same" has at least an 11 percentage point lead over any other option in each category. Even the 6 point gap in sports is probably outside the margin of error.

I think their floating the "$20 extra to receive a report after the tournament detailing your team’s performance by category and question type" is interesting.

Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:07 pm

dwd50 wrote:
I think their floating the "$20 extra to receive a report after the tournament detailing your team’s performance by category and question type" is interesting.

Seconded. This would be a pretty cool feature.

Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:40 pm

I've tried to do that before, especially for Middle School where I'm trying to spot beginning specialties. Like most things in my coaching career, it involves me sitting with a packet, scoresheets, Google spreadsheets and a lot of sorting.

It's a little annoying, though, to have to comb back through and figure out which bonus was read after each tossup. Dead tossups make it more difficult. I'm wondering if NAQT has figured out a way to streamline that process.

Since the most I usually see of my team at a tournament is the statsheet, the chance for better information that I could glean from it would be very helpful.

Also, it could be useful to get a little more insight on how NAQT classifies its questions. There's always 1 or 2 questions that could fit a few categories, and it'd be helpful to see where the line between some of them is.

Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:55 am