Looking for practice material?

Find thousands of free archived packets for practice and study from the Quizbowl Packet Archive!

PCH Tournament?

Discussion of quizbowl topics not related to specific tournaments
DavidH

PCH Tournament?

Post by DavidH »

I was bored and scrolling through an old board and I saw that Jimmy mentioned PCH hosting a tournament. If so, when is it, and is it possible to save a spot for Savannah?

JimmyL

PCH Tournament?

Post by JimmyL »

Our tournament is November 20th. I wrote the questions, so our team isn't playing in it; however, Westminster, Eureka, Priory, and Ladue are among the good schools that will show up. It'd be amazing if Liberty and Savannah both came.

The questions are semi-pyramidal and the tournament is all MSHSAA format.

DavidH

PCH Tournament?

Post by DavidH »

I'll talk to Luce to see if we can make it happen. Thanks for letting me know.

Jeffrey Hill
Location: In between the bright lights and the far unlit unknown (aka Johnson County, KS)

PCH Tournament?

Post by Jeffrey Hill »

You wrote all the questions?! Wow... although I have written about 15% of the questions we need for our tournament... (so far)

DavidH

PCH Tournament?

Post by DavidH »

Sorry Jimmy, but Mr. Luce said no go for your tournament. Tell me how everything goes when you get results.

DavidH

PCH Tournament?

Post by DavidH »

However, if Tom and I have nothing better to do that day, we may just go down there and play for fun if you have an opening... lol MSHSAA don't gotsta know about it.

JimmyL

PCH Tournament?

Post by JimmyL »

Ah, that sucks. Oh well, I understand...it is a long trip. Are you guys thinking about going to Wash U?

Haha, sure, you can drop by on Saturday if you like...we have an even number of teams right now....but mabye we could fit you in....you could each play on separate teams and see how you do. haha. I won't be expecting you to show up though, of course.

DavidH

PCH Tournament?

Post by DavidH »

Yea Wash U is definitely in the picture right now... all we need to do is get permission from MSHSAA as it does violate one of their communist policies about national qualifying tournaments. Hopefully we'll be there. At this point, its something like a 60-40 chance that we'll be there.

JimmyL

PCH Tournament?

Post by JimmyL »

i see.....mshsaa's rules suck. whatever.....how is wash u a national qualifer anyway?

and does this mean that UMR's NAQT qualifier isn't going to be allowed by MSHSAA?

Ramza Goltana

PCH Tournament?

Post by Ramza Goltana »

I could show up on a team form my Aunt's home-school. It could be called the Buchanan county Institute of Teaching Children at Home, or the Schooled at Home Institute of Technology, or the Liberate Apes Before Imprisoning Apes movement.

East Buc & UMR

PCH Tournament?

Post by East Buc & UMR »

Nope we got a nice little waiver;) the whole fact you do not qualify from our tournament. Just NAQT saves you a wild card spot

DavidH

PCH Tournament?

Post by DavidH »

Wash U is the Central states qualifying tournament for PACE Nationals.