Looking for practice material?

Find thousands of free archived packets for practice and study from the Quizbowl Packet Archive!

College Decisions-Class of 2015

Discussion of quizbowl topics not related to specific tournaments
Mickey0R0urke

College Decisions-Class of 2015

Post by Mickey0R0urke »

It's that time of year again!

I believe acceptance letters should be coming out soon. So I figured we should start this thread up. I'm not a moderator or admin, but I'd recommend doing what we do on the hsquizbowl thread-stating what college you are going to and if you're interested in continuing to play. I hope some of you guys continue playing in college-it's a ton of fun and you can learn a bunch of cool things!

socalcaptain

Re: College Decisions-Class of 2015

Post by socalcaptain »

I know that Jared Lockwood has accepted his offer to Princeton for this fall, and from our conversations it sounded like he planned to be peripherally involved with quizbowl while there.

Personally, I'm headed to the University of Illinois for grad school (Education Policy) and hope to remain involved in the community.

Stanislaw

Post by Stanislaw »

I'm not sure when Jared will be posting his "official" announcement (but he is going to Princeton), but I will be joining him in his trek to the Eastern Seaboard, for I am taking my talents far from South Beach, to the rather snowy University of Massachusetts at Amherst. Up there, I will be studying in the nation's top Sports Management program while being a student in the Commonwealth Honors College. Not quite an Ivy (none which offer SM programs :( ), but still a highly regarded public institution. Or so I am told.

scphilli

Post by scphilli »

Stanislaw wrote:I'm not sure when Jared will be posting his "official" announcement (but he is going to Princeton), but I will be joining him in his trek to the Eastern Seaboard, for I am taking my talents far from South Beach, to the rather snowy University of Massachusetts at Amherst. Up there, I will be studying in the nation's top Sports Management program while being a student in the Commonwealth Honors College. Not quite an Ivy (none which offer SM programs :( ), but still a highly regarded public institution. Or so I am told.
I'm really stoked for the both of you.

Mickey0R0urke

Post by Mickey0R0urke »

From our conversation at LIST, Michael Prablek is also going to Princeton and sounded interested in playing quizbowl.

Zurvan

Post by Zurvan »

I'm not sure when Jared will be posting his "official" announcement (but he is going to Princeton)
It's official--Princeton it is! I still haven't decided what level of involvement in quizbowl I'd like to maintain there, though I certainly don't plan to fall off the map completely. Whether it's just staffing, coaching, playing, or some combination thereof, I'll be making at least occasional appearances of some sort.