Looking for practice material?

Find thousands of free archived packets for practice and study from the Quizbowl Packet Archive!

WCA Tourny Schedule?

Discussion of quizbowl topics not related to specific tournaments
DavidH

WCA Tourny Schedule?

Post by DavidH »

It would be great to play you guys more than once before state this year if possible. What tournaments are you planning to attend?

DavidH

WCA Tourny Schedule?

Post by DavidH »

I posted this a long time ago and I guess no one ever responded. If at first you don't succeed... Do you guys know what your schedule will be?

Francesco Borromini

WCA Tourny Schedule?

Post by Francesco Borromini »

We're doing a small scrimmage thingy with some other STL schools in 2 weeks...then a couple in January and February, including the big Wash U tournament...other than that, I really don't know. Sorry, I know you want specifics but WU is really all I know. Coach has it written down somewhere, and I know we're also going to Fort Zumwalt's tournament, but there are a few along the road that slip my mind now.

How about you...what tournaments are you planning on attending?

DavidH

WCA Tourny Schedule?

Post by DavidH »

This year's incomplete schedule:

Oct 16th: Missouri Western History Bowl
Oct 30th: Lee Summit North
Nov 13th: Smithville
Dec 4th: North Kansas City
Jan 8th: Truman
Jan 15th: Northside (Ft. Smith, AR)
Jan 22nd: Liberty
Feb 19th: St. Joseph Christian/UMR?
Feb 26th: Nixa
Mar 1st: Midland Empire Conference (MEC)
Mar 5th: Platte County
Mar 8th: MEC
Mar 10th: Maple Woods Scholar Bowl
Mar 11th: Maple Woods Finals (pending we win on Mar 10th)
Mar 12th: Cuba
Mar 15th: MEC
Mar 19th: Savannah Invitational Tournament
Apr ?: SMS History Bowl
Apr 2nd: Lexington
Apr 16th: Districts
May 7th: State

The bold dates are for sure. We might go to Wash U but right now its up in the air. We'll have to get it cleared by MSHSAA as it is clearly stated to be against policy to compete in National Qualifying Tournaments... bastards... anyway if Luce gets that cleared we may go. If we do go we might have to drop a tourny so as not to surpass the limit of 14. I'm not even sure when it is though.

DavidH

WCA Tourny Schedule?

Post by DavidH »

FYI: we don't compete in our tournament. (Savannah Invitational Tournament) So, it's not counted as one of the 14.

L-Town Expatriate
Location: Riding a Mule down the Katy Trail to the State Fair

WCA Tourny Schedule?

Post by L-Town Expatriate »

DavidH wrote: Feb 19th: St. Joseph Christian/UMR?

The bold dates are for sure.  We might go to Wash U but right now its up in the air.  We'll have to get it cleared by MSHSAA as it is clearly stated to be against policy to compete in National Qualifying Tournaments... bastards... anyway if Luce gets that cleared we may go.  If we do go we might have to drop a tourny so as not to surpass the limit of 14.  I'm not even sure when it is though.
  • I thought UMR was in March.
  • I don't think MSHSAA's cracked down on in-state teams attending Wash U before. Ditto for Vanderbelt. Are they (either Wash U or MSHSAA) trying something new?
  • I don't recall if I posted this, but Savannah's Varsity tourney happens to fall on Midterm Break. Could you inform Coach Luce that I'd like to help out? (I'm still giddy about SHS being only 50 minutes away from my house. THANK YOU ATCHISON, DONIPHAN, HUGHES, etc. etc. etc. FOR THE PLATTE PURCHASE!!!!!!)

East Buc & UMR

WCA Tourny Schedule?

Post by East Buc & UMR »

it is but that is our NAQT

DavidH

WCA Tourny Schedule?

Post by DavidH »

The UMR I'm talking about is their NAQT qualifier... that's another I'm not so sure if it is technically legal according to MSHSAA policy.

DavidH

WCA Tourny Schedule?

Post by DavidH »

Just curious... if we did attend your NAQT qualifier... what teams would we expect to see there?

East Buc & UMR

WCA Tourny Schedule?

Post by East Buc & UMR »

with every rule there is a loop hole. R from NAQT just so happend to know the loop hole. I'm figuring on the usually local schools. But thie is more a tournament for the larger school in the state. I will let you know over xmas break usually by then our tournament are pretty well filled

East Buc & UMR

WCA Tourny Schedule?

Post by East Buc & UMR »

I also notice you have nothing on the 5th, I bet slice of pie would like to see you guys

DavidH

WCA Tourny Schedule?

Post by DavidH »

Is that March, 5th?

DavidH

WCA Tourny Schedule?

Post by DavidH »

I accidentally made a typo on the Platte County date... it was supposed to be March 5th.